Who have the all around team that can win the gold ball in 1A

MTiger

Have seen Temple and Manassas both play.... I'd say that Manassas would probably beat them 8 out of 10 times... Manassas is probably a 10-14 pt better team than Temple...

The only thing bad about my statement above is that you only get one shot at the gold ball once your there.... so if Temple is better that 2 out of 10 time... they would move on... And Temple very well could be that team, I will never forget 02' when Jake Skogen, Something Williams, Ryan Wadley, little Wadley, Seth Skogen, Isiah Mowi (sp)... beat Ezell Harding in the state finals... Ezell was by far the more talented team with Julian Terell, AJ Blackburn, Eric Davis, & Co...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete team has to involve coaching.....You think the Tigers are coached well enough to bring home a state title??

Yes I think that they are well coached. Coach Harris was taught by one of the best in Coach Charles Thompson. If you every watch Coach Harris coach you will see a well coached coach. Last year was not Coach Harris fault. He was not on that court. You give players instruction on how to win. If they dont listen then you can't blame to coach for that lost. Coach Harris been the coach that he is took all of the blame. Why because the kids took it very hard and he want to show them that life don't end on a basketball court. Thats a coach!

Have seen Temple and Manassas both play.... I'd say that Manassas would probably beat them 8 out of 10 times... Manassas is probably a 10-14 pt better team than Temple...

The only thing bad about my statement above is that you only get one shot at the gold ball once your there.... so if Temple is better that 2 out of 10 time... they would move on... And Temple very well could be that team, I will never forget 02' when Jake Skogen, Something Williams, Ryan Wadley, little Wadley, Seth Skogen, Isiah Mowi (sp)... beat Ezell Harding in the state finals... Ezell was by far the more talented team with Julian Terell, AJ Blackburn, Eric Davis, & Co...

You are right. You only have to be better than the other team once regardless of how many times the other team beats you, like when Humboldt put UC out during the Region Semis in '07. What a shocker. UC took a long time getting over that, almost as long as Humboldt did getting over the semis against Temple that year. I remember that Kevin Skogen (The head coach that year) said he was very glad that the game did not go into overtime. I agreed. Temple had a 20+ lead at halftime and squeaked out a win at the end holding off a furious comeback by Humboldt during the second half. It kind of reminds me of last year's final except that Union City beat Mannassas.

By the way, Kevin Skogen did not have a white goatee, he had a full beard with some gray. Greg Brown the assistant had a black goatee. Dan Wadley had a gray goatee at one time, I think.

I have not seen Manassas or Humboldt play but I fear/respect them and all the other teams that will make it to the boro. Temple is very good and, from what I have seen on the court, I would favor them to win against any single a team in the state. Temple still has some weaknesses that ought not to exist this late in the season but they also still seem to have never really shifted into their highest gear, either. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out in the end.

I sat right above the Manassas section last year in the 'boro. I never once saw the Manassas coach worrying about the 3 balls going up when his team was up by as many as 17. I never once saw anything that showed signs of worry except when UC was hot on their tails and came back to win it. Manassas's coach didn't seem too worried. However, Legend and Manassas's coach know what REALLY went wrong behind the scenes. I do too, they lost!

I sat right above the Manassas section last year in the 'boro. I never once saw the Manassas coach worrying about the 3 balls going up when his team was up by as many as 17. I never once saw anything that showed signs of worry except when UC was hot on their tails and came back to win it. Manassas's coach didn't seem too worried. However, Legend and Manassas's coach know what REALLY went wrong behind the scenes. I do too, they lost!

Well I was there also and in the locker room and on the bench all of the kids knew to run the offense. So coach didn't have to worry. If they didn't listen then that mean they didn't want it. You are right they did loose but that was the past and this is now. Stop looking in your rear view mirror and look out of your windshield. Look ahead and get out of the past. This is what the tread is about this year (08-09)winner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well I was there also and in the locker room and on the bench all of the kids knew to run the offense. So coach didn't have to worry. If they didn't listen then that mean they didn't want it. You are right they did loose but that was the past and this is now. Stop looking in your rear view mirror and look out of your windshield. Look ahead and get out of the past. This is what the tread is about this year (08-09)winner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LOL! I like how you are keeping people on the subject....But I beleive that Humboldt and Manasses have the top 2 teams. I also beleive these two teams will play for the gold ball. As far as a prediction...Let's just say I hope the outcome this time will be better than the outcome in Memphis last year....

LOL! I like how you are keeping people on the subject....But I beleive that Humboldt and Manasses have the top 2 teams. I also beleive these two teams will play for the gold ball. As far as a prediction...Let's just say I hope the outcome this time will be better than the outcome in Memphis last year....

Thank you Mighty now that is what i want to hear. I do thing that the game will be better played this year from Humboldt. I still believe that Manassas will win. Humboldt have a good team but i just think that Manassas has some unfinish business and they want It and are more hungry than anyone else is.