Who have the all around team that can win the gold ball in 1A

MTiger

I remember looking at a TSSAA state tournament catalog and I believe there was a team that was 45-0.... I think it was College Grove or something like that... I unfortuantely don't have the catalog anymore but someone should know this info... might be at tssaa.org

I didn't know what the record was i just know going undefeated and winning it all is just about unheard of! Thanks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt has to be at the top of everyone's list on this thread.I think the only other team that poses a large threat to them is Memphis Manassas...All the teams from the east don't have a clue just how good this Humboldt team is.By far the most athletic team in 1A and maybe even the whole state.Tevin Crayton is Humboldt's go to guy he's 6'6" long arms,quick,and a scoring machine.Charles Taylor plays the 2 gaurd pos. and is about 6'7" and again long arms,runs the floor well,and can take it to the front of the rim on ya and dish it off or slam it home.I think Humboldt shocks most teams they play...with just how talented they are I know that's what happened to LC last game...and this Humboldt team hasn't lost anything...they're getting better with every practice & every game.So I'd say Humboldt's number 1..but Manassas is a close second.

I'm incline to agree with one HBt does not get the respect it deserves! Not taking anthing away from Manassas but soon time will tell!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'm incline to agree with one HBt does not get the respect it deserves! Not taking anthing away from Manassas but soon time will tell!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

They're ranked #1 in class A... what else do you want...

As far as respect of ranking them with AA and AAA teams, they will have to play some better competion against good AA and AAA teams in their area like Liberty Tech, Jackson Northside, Jackson Central Merry, Dyer County, Bolivar, etc... Plain and simple you have all the respect anyone could have in single A, if you wanted more from AA and AAA you should have scheduled them...

As far as respect of ranking them with AA and AAA teams, they will have to play some better competion against good AA and AAA teams in their area like Liberty Tech, Jackson Northside, Jackson Central Merry, Dyer County, Bolivar, etc... Plain and simple you have all the respect anyone could have in single A, if you wanted more from AA and AAA you should have scheduled them...

yea, like Manassas did!!!! lol!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yea, like Manassas did!!!! lol!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree Manassas has played a formitable schedule compared to most if not all single A teams in the state... and as we all know the question will be answered here in just a few short weeks on who is "the team" in class A basketball...

Manassas does have great respect throughout the state... but I doubt they are regarded as one of the Memphis areas top few teams... you lose some style points playing still competetion but in the end most of the time it pays down the stretch...

I agree Manassas has played a formitable schedule compared to most if not all single A teams in the state... and as we all know the question will be answered here in just a few short weeks on who is "the team" in class A basketball...

Manassas does have great respect throughout the state... but I doubt they are regarded as one of the Memphis areas top few teams... you lose some style points playing still competetion but in the end most of the time it pays down the stretch...

Manassas is well respected in Memphis. last season they finished #2 only to Ridgeway who won the 3A state title. This season one source has them #6 in Memphis. another has them #1. another has them #4. another has them #7. these Ranking are regardless of classification so Manassas is 1 of the best in Memphis two years running.

Manassas is well respected in Memphis. last season they finished #2 only to Ridgeway who won the 3A state title. This season one source has them #6 in Memphis. another has them #1. another has them #4. another has them #7. these Ranking are regardless of classification so Manassas is 1 of the best in Memphis two years running.

and in Memphis that says alot /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with that no problem! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It would be hard for me to put them in the top 5 teams in Memphis... they do play an extremely tough schedule, with in state and out state teams... but they still don't play the schedule that AAA Memphis teams play... and that is why I wouldn't put them at the top... they have played really good teams in Ridgeway, ECS, Craigmont (who they beat), etc... but they have also (without a choice) played City University, Mase, Fayette Academy, etc... Where teams like Ridgeway, Melrose, White Station, RE, etc do not play these smaller teams... Manassas is a great team, and they have only lost 2 games all year, but if you put them against the best every night in Memphis they wouldn't walk away with only two losses... They would be in every game, no doubt about it, but I don't see them consistently being better than Ridgeway, WS, Melrose, RE, Craigmont, BTW, etc... I would put them in the 7-10 range along with Germantown, Southwind, Briarcrest, Hillcrest, Central, etc...

I agree that Manassas is well respected...

I think that the Manassas - Humboldt game is what everyone is waiting for...

The difference between Manassas - Humboldt... The schedule... This is where Manassas get the respect of all and Humboldt on gets the respect of class A and possible AA... This is were scheduling may pay off in the long run...

It should be a much tighter game than last year, being as I personally don't think Manassas is as good as last year, Humboldt is a little better and it will be in a neutral site...

That being said... I still think "personally" that Manassas will win this game...

Also, I still feel Manassas was the best team in the state last year... and I am sure several other people thought so as well, but the gold ball only goes home to teams that play 4 quarters...

There's my 2 cents, run with it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

due to his python like arms he tends to draw alot of attention causing him to have bull crap fouls called on him so , with that being said he averages around 15pts a game and 10 rebounds and right at about 5 blocks a game.

According to today's paper he, Shaughnessy, isn't in the top 10 in rebounding in the Chattanooga area. The tenth best is averaging 9.6 per game. This is baffling to me though, because he out-hustles everyone on the court. You would think a scrappy, 6'9", single A player would average 15+ rebounds/game. He may need some coaching on positioning, I don't know.

i Haven't seen them play either but i know that the teams that beat them the last three years to get to the state tournment have been woeful. So i don't really know what to expect out of those cully kids.

we were in state on 07...wayne co. went to the state semis in 06 (the team that put cully out)...last year was a huge disappointment though

the difference this year as opposed to the others is this culleoka squad is more of a team....the offense revolved around demario more when he was there as well as the defense....the thing that goes overlooked about this team is the juniors that play...all three of them can shoot the lights out and play solid defense....Ryan pilkington is a 6'4 guard...James upshaw is a 6"2 guard....and riley walton is a 5'10 guard with a sweet stroke....these three guys always come in and produce especially since chad has been out on suspension....the twins are huge chad and cj are athletic and big and these juniors are hard working smooth shooting players....this is one of culleokas better teams in a long time....if these guys stay focused they will go along way this year......these guys have been to state already and felt what an early defeat in the tourney can feel like all offseason...these guys are hungry and ready for the big time....lets go warriors