CSAS beat Richard Hardy 73-4

dadoffour

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you witness this? Do tell.

Richard Hardy is not good...Last year Arts beat them 95 - 3...as you can see Arts is full of class...I never know what they are trying to prove...At least the Texas team that won this week 100 - 0 feels bad about the game and is seeking a forfeit loss (not that I think Arts should do the same)...And yes Arts fans I know you could have beaten them worse, so could just about everyone else that plays them, so I don't want to hear those excuses that it could have been worse...

What do you expect them to do, hold the ball the entire game?

ARTS & SCIENCES 73, RICHARD HARDY 4

CSAS 25 22 14 12 ??” 73

Richard Hardy 0 0 2 2 ??” 4

Arts & Sciences (74) ??” Robyn Anthony 18, Jamisha Featherstone 10, Briana Wesley 10, Courtney McPherson 12, Anderson 7, Kelly 6, Garner 4, Gray-Timmons 4, Gordon 2, Rodriguez, McConnell, Mayweather, Buchanan.

Richard Hardy (4) ??” L. Shoemake 4, C. Shoemake, Roulston, Walker, Rogers, Salisbury, Hickerson, Standokes, Layne.

3-point goals: CSAS 1 (Anderson); R. Hardy none. Record: CSAS 14-2, 6-0 6-A.

The scoring went from 47 in the first half to 26 in the second half so the backups likely got the majority or nearly all of the minutes. A team should be allowed to plays its starters at least through the first half for no other reason than avoiding any rust.

Richard Hardy is not good...Last year Arts beat them 95 - 3...as you can see Arts is full of class...I never know what they are trying to prove...At least the Texas team that won this week 100 - 0 feels bad about the game and is seeking a forfeit loss (not that I think Arts should do the same)...And yes Arts fans I know you could have beaten them worse, so could just about everyone else that plays them, so I don't want to hear those excuses that it could have been worse...

CSAS played all 13 girls in the first quarter....Only sophmores and and freshmen played from 3min left in the second qtr and for the whole second half....and they also played a 2-3 zone for that time aswell, please tell me what you would have liked for them to do differently?

CSAS had 7 girls who scored 4 or fewer points. Seems like they could have played more.

4pts and fewer

Gordon - Junior starter

Buchanan - 6th man

Rodriguez - Senior usually 1st or second off bench

Garner- Sophmore

McConnell- Freshman

Mayweather- Freshman

Gray-Timmons - Freshman

As noted in the other post, only freshmen and sophmores played in the final 19min of the game.

So please tell me whatelse could have been done? Cross half court and hold the ball and not let the freshmen and sophmores get to play?

4pts and fewer

Gordon - Junior starter

Buchanan - 6th man

Rodriguez - Senior usually 1st or second off bench

Garner- Sophmore

McConnell- Freshman

Mayweather- Freshman

Gray-Timmons - Freshman

As noted in the other post, only freshmen and sophmores played in the final 19min of the game.

So please tell me whatelse could have been done? Cross half court and hold the ball and not let the freshmen and sophmores get to play?

I say, once you're up 30, put your worst 5 players in for the rest of the game and tell them to go score. If the other team can't stop them, too bad. Sounds like CSAS made at least some attempt to not run it up.

I'm not trying to start anything...just wondering what happened.

This happens to Carroll Academy in west Tennessee all the time. One night Carroll Academy got beat by over 100 pts. and a team was still pressing them full court with the starters in. The coach at Carroll Academy instructed his player taking the ball out of bounds under their opponents goal to just hand the opposing team the ball if they wanted it that bad. I know on another occasion a team was beating them something like 70-5 and the referees were calling everything against and laughing at them at the same time that the coach at Carroll Academy took his team off the floor after having only four players left with their Christian High School opponents were still pressing them. The TSSAA reprimanded the Carroll Academy Coach. If you get a chance you need to read then Carroll Academy Boys & girls Basketball Coach Randy Hatch's book Winless Winner it has all their stories in it including the reprimand letter from the TSSAA. The coach at the Christian school that pressed them all the time got fired. This is the same Carroll Academy coach that used his 5 girls starters uniform numbers as the winning numbers to win the Florida Lottery. He eventually bought the Memphis Pyramid Basketball Floor which is still Carroll Academy's home court today. It's real neat for visiting teams to get play on.

Hardy has been blown out every game why is this all of a sudden an issue, maybe they need to move out of TSSAA not trying to be funny but you cant expect teams to lay down and feel sorry for them

CSAS knows what its like to get beat down by a superior opponent every time they go to the substate but atleast the 7A team, be it Jackson Co. or Clarkrange, calls the dogs off after we're up 40! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

CSAS knows what its like to get beat down by a superior opponent every time they go to the substate but atleast the 7A team, be it Jackson Co. or Clarkrange, calls the dogs off after we're up 40! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That is your best post ever! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So true.