District 10 A

CAsports5

It looks like it will be a battle for the top spot this year between CA ans NCS. give me your picks and what you think each team can do! BASEBALL SEASON IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

1. NCS/CA, both teams returing some good pitching

3. east, lost clinard so...

4. HC

5. WHH, Mac town, JB im not sure what any of these teams have coming back

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it will be a battle for the top spot this year between CA ans NCS. give me your picks and what you think each team can do! BASEBALL SEASON IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

1. NCS/CA, both teams returing some good pitching

3. east, lost clinard so...

4. HC

5. WHH, Mac town, JB im not sure what any of these teams have coming back

jb is returning some ok pitching they should be a respected ball club imo /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Jo Byrns will be irrelevant again this year. They have not settled on catcher yet, nor do they have any pitching depth, but playing against cream puffs like Todd County, Ky, Pleasent View Christian, and Hopkinsville Heritage should help them improve on thier 7-11 record.

1. CA -class of the district

2. NCS -still has enough horses to finish second

3. HC -probably the biggest surprise in 08

4. East -only lost two seniors, eventhough one was Clinard

5. WHH -lost McClung, but return everyone else

6. JBS - just disfunctional has had talent the las two years and wasted it on poor coaching

7. McE -still in the cellar

I haven't seen McE play yet, but we shouldn't be counted out. Yeah we had a bad season last year, but we have great talent on the team. We had a new coach last year, so hopefully this year the coach and the kids are on the same page.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You might have the most talent within the school, but I definitely would not say that you have "talent." I can't remember MacTown ever being anything more than a chocolate iced cup cake.

Best of luck this year, kids!

You know...I don't remember saying anything ugly about your team. I think we do have talent. Your idea and mine must be different. I always thought that "sportsmanship" was also important in sports.. you must have missed that point.

We are a small school with a limited amount of kids to pull from for our team...If we win....that is wonderful!!! If we lose...that is hard on the kids, but they learn from mistakes to improve. I never said we would shoot to number one.. I just said don't count us out to win more this year.

I like Chocolate iced cupcakes anyway!

I do not necessarily think that the size of the school matters, seeing as how Nashville Christian has around 160 kids. I was not being unsportsmanlike, I just disagreed with you. I have been to many games and have seen NC play, so obviously size does not matter much. NC's coaches do a good job scheduling. They play many larger schools (Mt. Juliet, BGA, etc..) to prepare them for the post season, and that is what gets them better or gives them an edge. McEwen just does not do enough to make them better! Their talent they have is going to waste with such inexperience. Not inexperience in playing games, but inexperience in the quality of the games they play.

Keep eatin' those cupcakes!

I do not necessarily think that the size of the school matters, seeing as how Nashville Christian has around 160 kids. I was not being unsportsmanlike, I just disagreed with you. I have been to many games and have seen NC play, so obviously size does not matter much. NC's coaches do a good job scheduling. They play many larger schools (Mt. Juliet, BGA, etc..) to prepare them for the post season, and that is what gets them better or gives them an edge. McEwen just does not do enough to make them better! Their talent they have is going to waste with such inexperience. Not inexperience in playing games, but inexperience in the quality of the games they play.

Keep eatin' those cupcakes!

Size absolutely matters! The larger your enrollment plainly the more talent you should have to pick your team from. That doesn't mean that all larger schools have good teams because we know that is not true and there are obviously some small schools with great programs.

Now, claiming that a private school, DI or DII, with a good baseball program and a small enrollment proves size of your school does not matter is not comparing apples to apples. NCS and CA, for example, do not have to necessarily take what they can get as far as athletics are concerned. Those kids go to those schools because their parents choose to send them there and can afford the tuition. Some kids even go to a certain school because of their sports! Hard to believe isn't it! I don't know if that is the case at NCS and CA or not. Here again, not all private schools have good sports programs, but most private schools have smaller enrollments and percentage wise their sports programs are going to be better than small single A schools such as McEwen, Houston County, etc.

I take nothing away from Coach Fruechtemmeyer and his players because they work hard and they do a great job. They work hard at baseball and it shows. The coaches do a good job of geting them prepared for the post-season. But a lot of what your programs are is how much support your program gets both from the adminstration and the local community. If baseball is not an emphasis to the kids and the community then you don't have much of a chance of having a good program. In McEwen, for example, your baseball field is the practice football field. Furthermore, the administration gives you absolutely no money. You have to beg for uniforms and are lucky to get the 1 uniform you have and come time to work on the field you have to count on the booster club for money for improvements because the school board or administration won't put mix or lights on the field.

As a player you have to fight through all that. That does not mean you can't have a good team it just means you have to love the game and work hard. But again all of those factors help determine how good your program is going to be year to year. Those kids at those small country schools work as hard as they can and don't make excuses. That doesn't mean that you have to classify them as no "talent" and never being anything "...... more than a chocolate iced cup cake." Although technically not unsportsmanlike it certainly is not a very classy comment. My experience shows that most good players, assuming you are one or at least a former player, would have simply said that McEwen would struggle this year and maybe say that traditionally they have not been one of the top teams in the district. Although years ago under Coach Phil Ross McEwen was a pretty good team and competed well in 10-A. But there was no need in the comment you made.

I digress from the forum topic and this subtopic. Size can make a difference and it's not really fair to compare NCS and their enrollment to McEwen. That being said, NCS and CA should be the cream of the crop in 10-A. I would think the rest of the district will be pretty even with no other teams really challenging those top two. McEwen has some newcomers and they should be better than they were last year. Good lake to everyone.

Size absolutely matters! The larger your enrollment plainly the more talent you should have to pick your team from. That doesn't mean that all larger schools have good teams because we know that is not true and there are obviously some small schools with great programs.

Now, claiming that a private school, DI or DII, with a good baseball program and a small enrollment proves size of your school does not matter is not comparing apples to apples. NCS and CA, for example, do not have to necessarily take what they can get as far as athletics are concerned. Those kids go to those schools because their parents choose to send them there and can afford the tuition. Some kids even go to a certain school because of their sports! Hard to believe isn't it! I don't know if that is the case at NCS and CA or not. Here again, not all private schools have good sports programs, but most private schools have smaller enrollments and percentage wise their sports programs are going to be better than small single A schools such as McEwen, Houston County, etc.

I take nothing away from Coach Fruechtemmeyer and his players because they work hard and they do a great job. They work hard at baseball and it shows. The coaches do a good job of geting them prepared for the post-season. But a lot of what your programs are is how much support your program gets both from the adminstration and the local community. If baseball is not an emphasis to the kids and the community then you don't have much of a chance of having a good program. In McEwen, for example, your baseball field is the practice football field. Furthermore, the administration gives you absolutely no money. You have to beg for uniforms and are lucky to get the 1 uniform you have and come time to work on the field you have to count on the booster club for money for improvements because the school board or administration won't put mix or lights on the field.

As a player you have to fight through all that. That does not mean you can't have a good team it just means you have to love the game and work hard. But again all of those factors help determine how good your program is going to be year to year. Those kids at those small country schools work as hard as they can and don't make excuses. That doesn't mean that you have to classify them as no "talent" and never being anything "...... more than a chocolate iced cup cake." Although technically not unsportsmanlike it certainly is not a very classy comment. My experience shows that most good players, assuming you are one or at least a former player, would have simply said that McEwen would struggle this year and maybe say that traditionally they have not been one of the top teams in the district. Although years ago under Coach Phil Ross McEwen was a pretty good team and competed well in 10-A. But there was no need in the comment you made.

I digress from the forum topic and this subtopic. Size can make a difference and it's not really fair to compare NCS and their enrollment to McEwen. That being said, NCS and CA should be the cream of the crop in 10-A. I would think the rest of the district will be pretty even with no other teams really challenging those top two. McEwen has some newcomers and they should be better than they were last year. Good lake to everyone.

well put. has anybody had their opening day yet, CA lost to a decent? Northwest team 8-4 without four starters that are still in BASKETBALL. many young players got oppurtunities and had the giters.

This topic has drifted from a question about how the baseball teams are going to do in district 10A to an insinuation that all private schools have an advantage in all sports.

What happened last fall?

McEwen beat NCS in football by 36-14.

in men's basketball by 43-40 and 39-29

in women's basketball by 54-30 and 33-27

Apparently, the baseball team at McEwen is not given the support they need. It's great that they can keep working hard and competing under adverse conditions. Their success should be measured by their hard work and dedication, not their record. I hope they have a good season and continue to improve. My hat's off to them.