11AA

utvols04

This is my prediction for how the district is going to end up.. There are sooo many possibilities it would be hard to predict anything though. The only seed that is locked in is #8 by Fairview.

1. Cheatham (11-3) I say Cheatham loses one of their last three games and Waverly is most capable of beating them. There last meeting went into OT.

2. Harpeth (9-5) Harpeth swept Waverly so they take the number two spot. Harpeth is playing well at this time.

3. Waverly (9-5) Waverly has gained a lot of confidence throughout the season. The win agaisnt CW is a good momentum builder.

4. Creek Wood (8-6) Creek Wood is not playing their best.. They will pick it up tremendously in the tourneys.

5. Sycamore (7-7) I think Sycamore loses out down the stretch, this a reoccuring behavior.

6. Mont Central (6-8) I would not want to play MC in the tourneys.

7. Stewart Co. (4-10)

8. Fairview (2-12)

Which four teams deserve to represent 11AA at regions??? predictions?

I've only seen the Waverly girls once this year, but have been keeping up with them and I think that Coach Marva Rawlings deserves Coach of the Year in the District. I personally thought it was going to be a long year for our girls with the graduation of so many players, but she has changed up the offense a bit and really had these girls competing all year. Should be an interesting tournament. From what I've seen the other District is down a bit too. so it should be an interesting region too. Way to go Tigerettes, who by the way are fairly young.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly beat Creekwood because 2 of Creekwoods starters quit the team. Only reason.

Which two starters quit the team this late in the season? Not Waverly's fault because there is no harmony at Creek Wood. To me Creek Wood is by far the biggest disappointment of the season. As for coach of the year, split it up and give a piece of it to everyone considering how this seaons has gone. Seriously though, I think Phil Carr probably deserves it for what Cheatham has done after losing their best player to DCA.

Standings as of Saturday, Feb 7th

1. Cheatham (10-2) @WC, SYC

2. Creek Wood (7-5) @SC, @ HAR

2. Sycamore (7-5) MC, @CC

2. Harpeth (7-5) FV, CW

2. Waverly (7-5) CC, @FV

6. Mont Central (5-8) @SYC

7. Stewart Co. (4-9) @CW

8. Fairview (2-10) @HAR, WC

Well we know Cheatham will be hosting Fairview for the opening round of the district tournament. We will know the 6 and 7 seeds on Tuesday. But 2-5 will have to wait till Friday.

Tuesday's Match-ups

Creek Wood @ Stewart Co.

Cheatham Co. @ Waverly Central

Montgomery Central @ Sycamore

Fairview @ Harpeth

Which two starters quit the team this late in the season? Not Waverly's fault because there is no harmony at Creek Wood. To me Creek Wood is by far the biggest disappointment of the season. As for coach of the year, split it up and give a piece of it to everyone considering how this seaons has gone. Seriously though, I think Phil Carr probably deserves it for what Cheatham has done after losing their best player to DCA.

One of the reasons that the two creek wood starters Mindy Sensing and Sam Breeden quit was due to no team unity this season, along with some other complications. It had nothing to do with the wonderful coaching staff at cw due to what some might think. I wish the Lady Red Hawks and Coach Mullinicks the BEST in the rest of their upcoming season!!!

As for coach of the year, split it up and give a piece of it to everyone considering how this seaons has gone. Seriously though, I think Phil Carr probably deserves it for what Cheatham has done after losing their best player to DCA.

Marva Rawlings from Waverly is Coach of the Year in my opinion. They lost their top 7 from last year's team and they could still finish as high as 2nd this year. That is amazing.

Harpeth & Creek Wood are both tied for disappointments in my opinion. Harpeth had the best team returning but they are inconsistent. Creek Wood has self destructed down the stretch after a hot start.

Cheatham Co. is the district's top team despite losing Megan Hunter to graduation and Dee Bates to DCA. Phil Carr does nothing but win games........PERIOD!

Sycamore is a great stroy as well because of what all the team has done despite the family tragedies that Mike Miller has endured. They are my personal pick to finish 2nd in the district.

Finally, I think that the Bramlett's are doing a great job at Stewart Co. Those girls play hard and there is a reason why they swept the season series against Sycamore this season.

Standings as of Tuesday, Feb 10th

1. Cheatham (10-3)

2. Creek Wood (8-5)

2. Harpeth (8-5)

2. Waverly (8-5)

5. Sycamore (7-6)

6. Mont Central (6-8)

7. Stewart Co. (4-10)

8. Fairview (2-11)

Friday's Games: Predictions

Sycamore @ Cheatham Cheatham by 7

Creek Wood @ Harpeth Harpeth by 8

Waverly @ Fairview Waverly by 13

If Waverly wins they will be tied for the 2 seed with either Creek Wood or Harpeth. If Harpeth defeats Creek Wood, which is likely they will get the 2 seed because they swept Waverly. Right? If Creek Wood Beats Harpeth there will be a coin toss between Creek Wood and Waverly for the 2 seed, because they split and they each beat Cheatham once.

If Waverly loses, the winner of the Creek Wood/Harpeth game takes the 2 seed. And then same scenario as above for a tie for the third seed.

If Sycamore beats Cheatham there could be a three-way tie for 3 seed if Waverly loses. If Waverly wins and Sycamore wins...Sycamore would be tied for the 4 seed (And this would get into a tie break for home court advantage /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> . If Sycamore loses they are 5 seed. Loser of Creek Wood/Harpeth will likely play Sycamore in 1st round.

My earlier prediction may be going to pan out.