11AA

utvols04

Agree that Harpeth and Waverly may be playing the best ball at this time. I really think the winner of this game wins the championship with the loser getting 3rd. Although the Lady Indians have won both meetings easily this game is a definite trap game and I'm afraid after talking with some people tonight the girls may be overlooking Waverly. As for the earlier post I don't think I would say Waverly is playing lucky ball. They are finding ways to win. I know the girls program has been way down for a long time there so its nice that they are having a little success finally. Our family knows several people from there so we're happy for them and look forward to a good game tomorrow night. Does anyone know anything about any of the teams from district 12?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that Harpeth and Waverly may be playing the best ball at this time. I really think the winner of this game wins the championship with the loser getting 3rd. Although the Lady Indians have won both meetings easily this game is a definite trap game and I'm afraid after talking with some people tonight the girls may be overlooking Waverly. As for the earlier post I don't think I would say Waverly is playing lucky ball. They are finding ways to win. I know the girls program has been way down for a long time there so its nice that they are having a little success finally. Our family knows several people from there so we're happy for them and look forward to a good game tomorrow night. Does anyone know anything about any of the teams from district 12?

Good post. Winning down the stretch and closing out a game is something Waverly has struggled with as long as I can remember. This team has a different mindset and like you said philmeyer, they find ways to win. I am very pumped about the games tonight.

Cheatham County advances to face Harpeth in the finals for the third straight year. 50-48 Harpeth in 2007, 53-52 Cheatham County in 2008, who wins in 2009?

Cheatham by 5

I see Waverlys luck ran out.

Game was tight the whole way. Harpeth is a good team and will go far in the region tournament. They will beat Cheatham in the final.

Harpeth should get the win. I mean honestly, Cheatham had a lot of issues beating Sycamore tonight.

Does anyone know the deal with Coach Carr? I recall noticing when Sycamore beat Cheatham earlier this year he did not shake the girls hands, and I attributed it to sour losing grapes but I noticed tonite when Cheatham won he didn't shake hands either?

clueless?? LOL I was right about Waverly, now wasn't I?? I have every confidence about Cheatham. If they lose, so be it. But I don't think they will. Cheatham by 5

If winning five games in a row, beating two of the top four in your district (including your beloved Cheatham Co.), finishing tied for second in the district (when most felt they would do good to finish seventh), and play Harpeth to an even score with four minutes to go is luck then so be it. For whatever reason you feel the need to insult the young ladies from Waverly. If you had a clue you would know that this is a team with almost no experience (13 of the 16 players are 10th or 9th graders) including 9 freshmen. It would appear to me we are talking about a team that has worked for what it has gotten like all other successful teams. It is fine to feel one team is better than another but to fail to give credit where credit is due shame on you. One who is not clueless recognizes their own teams success and the success of your opponent. You should try it sometime. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If winning five games in a row, beating two of the top four in your district (including your beloved Cheatham Co.), finishing tied for second in the district (when most felt they would do good to finish seventh), and play Harpeth to an even score with four minutes to go is luck then so be it. For whatever reason you feel the need to insult the young ladies from Waverly. If you had a clue you would know that this is a team with almost no experience (13 of the 16 players are 10th or 9th graders) including 9 freshmen. It would appear to me we are talking about a team that has worked for what it has gotten like all other successful teams. It is fine to feel one team is better than another but to fail to give credit where credit is due shame on you. One who is not clueless recognizes their own teams success and the success of you opponent. You should try it sometime. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Excellent post. This team has done far better than expected and I would not count them out yet.