2009 Watauga Conference (1AA) Forecast......

6-4-3dplay

Whats up with Unicoi loosing 2 in a row in Loudon. How is the Whitson kid looking. Been hearing mixed reports. Does Unicoi played any tough non-district games. I know they have 1 against DB, any others to speak of. Will they be able to compete against the teams from Region 2 this year. I know they got it handed to them last year by Gibbs (I think). Just curious. Unicoi has always been a great program with great tradition under Coach Baxter. I do have one more question however, what happened to everyone parking their cars and trucks around the outfield fences, and blowing their horns and ringing the cowbells, and such. I know in the 80's that was one tough place to play.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with Unicoi loosing 2 in a row in Loudon. How is the Whitson kid looking. Been hearing mixed reports. Does Unicoi played any tough non-district games. I know they have 1 against DB, any others to speak of. Will they be able to compete against the teams from Region 2 this year. I know they got it handed to them last year by Gibbs (I think). Just curious. Unicoi has always been a great program with great tradition under Coach Baxter. I do have one more question however, what happened to everyone parking their cars and trucks around the outfield fences, and blowing their horns and ringing the cowbells, and such. I know in the 80's that was one tough place to play.

Unicoi played like crap down there and the teams they played are really good baseball programs and im not sure about there non district games but im pretty sure we play DB twice at least and i think they will be able to compete pretty good with Region 2 and as far as the Whitson kid he was in a car wreck and hurt his back so he really isnt playin much right now but he will be just as good when he gets back as he was before and we have started the trucks in the outfield again this year!!

Unicoi played like crap down there and the teams they played are really good baseball programs and im not sure about there non district games but im pretty sure we play DB twice at least and i think they will be able to compete pretty good with Region 2 and as far as the Whitson kid he was in a car wreck and hurt his back so he really isnt playin much right now but he will be just as good when he gets back as he was before and we have started the trucks in the outfield again this year!!

Hey ryne_black, what happened up at Unicoi vs. Seymour. I noticed Whitson started and Seymour threw probably#3 or #4. Not trying to flame, just wondering did they pull Whitson before Seymour started scoring or did Seymour get to him. I know anything can happen, but that is an awful big # of runs to give up to Seymour even if you guys did throw a pitcher down the line. By the way, Thanks for the above update last week! Good Luck!