What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

AC is fine....They are #1 in the district as of now. They lost to a big rival..ok it happens..Losing to a big rival stinks alot...but winning district titles is more important while getting a shot at the region. Me personally I will lose to a rival as long as I keep getting my chance at hopefully getting to a state tournament.. Everyone has to remember that we are talking about high school kids....Nomatter how good the coaches are or are not..they are kids. some nights they will look amazing and put on a show.. others they will look like selfish little brats..Just hope for the best for whoever you are cheering on and enjoy a good basketball game. Just think it could always be worse..Your kid could be playing Soccer.......

Good Luck to All,

Dr. Phil

I got the WILLIES just reading that last line

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walden was very good and So is Rorex..Both also knew when stepping onto the court for a High School basketball game they were going to get the other teams best defenders.. ITs a good thing basketball is a TEAM sport... So the talk should be who stepped up when those two where getting all the attention.

THat is a very good point they both do know they are or well were going to get the best defenders from the other team and it is a TEAM sport. Thats one thing that makes this sport of basketball so great. And AC has had some players step up at some time or another whether it was scoring or it was just making plays on offense.

this is a very interesting thread. AC sounds like a good enough team and tradition to get this attention. As a friend to many coaches it sounds like ac has same problems most teams do. talent and little teamwork leads to frustration. If all teams with talent played as teams we would have a lot more competition in high school basketball and different teams winning championships. If someone figures how to cure it besides getting on here and pointing out the obvious they could sell it and make a lot of money. bruce pearl hasn't figured it out yet with talent only with players like lofton, j. smith, and bradshaw that nobody else wanted.

AC is fine....They are #1 in the district as of now. They lost to a big rival..ok it happens..Losing to a big rival stinks alot...but winning district titles is more important while getting a shot at the region. Me personally I will lose to a rival as long as I keep getting my chance at hopefully getting to a state tournament.. Everyone has to remember that we are talking about high school kids....Nomatter how good the coaches are or are not..they are kids. some nights they will look amazing and put on a show.. others they will look like selfish little brats..Just hope for the best for whoever you are cheering on and enjoy a good basketball game. Just think it could always be worse..Your kid could be playing Soccer.......

Good Luck to All,

Dr. Phil

I agree with you. When a team plays their rival, throw out the records. Emotions run high and anything can happen.

I agree with you. When a team plays their rival, throw out the records. Emotions run high and anything can happen.

I see what you are saying, but there is no way anderson co. should be losing to clinton two times this year. This is as down as the clinton program has every been in the last ten years. Unless you are close to the program i would say most would struggle to name their starting five. They have no more big names like Dye, Dixon, or Morris leading them.

I see what you are saying, but there is no way anderson co. should be losing to clinton two times this year. This is as down as the clinton program has every been in the last ten years. Unless you are close to the program i would say most would struggle to name their starting five. They have no more big names like Dye, Dixon, or Morris leading them.

Same thing could be said of Catholic and Webb. I think the Mavericks and the Irish are focusing on their district rather than their non-district rivals. Lol

I agree with much of what you said. They do not have any big names on their roster. However, they do have a lot of talent. The problem is everyone in their district seems to have more right now. Coach Lockard has always done a nice job at CHS. His kids are usually hardworking and coachable. I think that is where this group is different. They have not bought into the team first mentallity. I watchd them play Knox Central a week or two ago and the look on Coach Lockard's face said it all. That is the first time I have ever seen him truly frustrated. If you are a player and you are reading this. . .BUY IN ALREADY!

The Mavs will be just fine come tournament time. Coach Wallace and Lollar will have the boys peaking at the end of the season. Word has it that AC JV team in undefeated. That is impressive!!! Looks like good coaching to me....or great talent!!!! I think the Mavs will be ready to fet Fired Up come district time at Catholic. I love having it played in West Knoxville....only a 5 minute drive for this guy and only 5 minutes away from a postgame celebration at Hooters!!!!

ps....anyone got a lob wedge I can borrow?

Next year the Mavs will have a chance to travel less playing in the new AAA district they will be in. So it is good they have a great JV this year to move up a notch. They will join Clinton, Campbell County, Oak Ridge, Karns, Central, HV, Karns, Powell, and Halls. They should be competitive and have some strong rivalries. They want have to go to Crossville, Loudon, Kingston or Loudon.

The Mavs will be just fine come tournament time. Coach Wallace and Lollar will have the boys peaking at the end of the season. Word has it that AC JV team in undefeated. That is impressive!!! Looks like good coaching to me....or great talent!!!! I think the Mavs will be ready to fet Fired Up come district time at Catholic. I love having it played in West Knoxville....only a 5 minute drive for this guy and only 5 minutes away from a postgame celebration at Hooters!!!!

ps....anyone got a lob wedge I can borrow?

Going undefeated is impressive but that doesn't always carry over to varsity success. Different level of competition going from jv to varsity. Catholic's jv team went undefeated last year playing mostly freshmen.

I agree with you about JV vs. Varsity. IN fact I think the kids have to practice with the upper classmen and then there is the chemistry of the new group.

That is very true kids do need to practice with the upper classmen so they can mature their playing styles. I think having the kids in the program with the older kids will help out alot. I also think that you can't base a whole lot off of a jv schedule because you got to think how many other schools have kids that will be playin in the varsity game that night that aren't playing in the jv game. But that is good news to know that some talent is coming up at ac in the next few years.