What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not go as far as to say catholic is a "pretty darn good". I would say average at best. They have a pretty good big but not too much in the back court with Walden gone. I think that you would agree at the Catholic is down compared to years past. It just seems Wallace has very little respect from his players, you can often times see players roll their eyes in the huddle and just bad body language from them.

First of all to say that Catholic is average is giving them way to much respect. They do have a good big, but you can't really believe they are missing that Walden kid. He may be better than what they have right now, but Rorex owned him. Having known Wallace for a number of years I can assure you that he has the respect from his players. He would not keep them around if he thought otherwise.

First of all to say that Catholic is average is giving them way to much respect. They do have a good big, but you can't really believe they are missing that Walden kid. He may be better than what they have right now, but Rorex owned him. Having known Wallace for a number of years I can assure you that he has the respect from his players. He would not keep them around if he thought otherwise.

That's just funny. If Rorex really "owned" Walden, you would have thought his record vs. The Irish would have been better than 3-6.

Well you can't really say that AC has owned Catholic considering what all has happened in the past few years between these two teams. There have been some close games by both teams and there have been some blowouts by both teams but there have been many great games between these two teams. And you can't really point Rorex out on that saying that his record would be better than 3-6. It does take 5 players on the court at the same time because I don't believe either one of these teams have been beating by one individual player. But I do give Catholic some respect that have had some good teams over the past 3 or 4 seasons since joining this district but it will be an interesting district tourney i guess...

Some people on here have talked about Catholic being better without Walden and Conaty. Well just maybe the Mavs will be a better TEAM without Rorex and Longmire. Both have played since their freshman year and have made some pretty big plays over that time. Its hard to count the times that Rorex has taken over and carried this team to victory. Longmire has also stepped of in huge games to carry the Mavs also like A.E. and Fulton of his Jr. year. But over the past four years the two have them have made their fair share of mistakes and forced some terrible shots. So who is to say after these two are gone this team will come together as a team?

Last night the team sure played better without Longmire and Rorex in the game. When they are in everyone starts playing selfish ball. When they sat out the team moved the ball around and got some great looks at the basket. The rest of the team feeds off what those two do, if they play selfish then everyone plays selfish, if they play team ball everyone will play team ball. They need to play as a team and they will be fine.

Last night the team sure played better without Longmire and Rorex in the game. When they are in everyone starts playing selfish ball. When they sat out the team moved the ball around and got some great looks at the basket. The rest of the team feeds off what those two do, if they play selfish then everyone plays selfish, if they play team ball everyone will play team ball. They need to play as a team and they will be fine.

Insideout,

YOu make some good points with both of these kids that have been playing since their freshman year they both have showed the positive and negative sides of their games. I think that it is expected for some high school athletes to show a little selfishness but its only something that will go away when they realize it. But AC might have played better last night when they weren't in but I don't know I wasn't there to make that call. I think Coach Wallace might just be trying to get these two athletes to understand what they have to do to have a complete team. I think that with these two out on the bench that AC can't have the greatest team on the floor representing their school. But I hope things get to where it takeks 5 men up at AC to win

That's just funny. If Rorex really "owned" Walden, you would have thought his record vs. The Irish would have been better than 3-6.

Keep in mind that atleast two of those games took place when Rorex was a freshman. Most freshmen are role players, not difference makers. I was at the district tournament last year when Rorex went for over 20 and Walden went for less than 5. I think that says a lot about a player when they step up and play on the big stage like Rorex did, and unlike Walden.

Keep in mind that atleast two of those games took place when Rorex was a freshman. Most freshmen are role players, not difference makers. I was at the district tournament last year when Rorex went for over 20 and Walden went for less than 5. I think that says a lot about a player when they step up and play on the big stage like Rorex did, and unlike Walden.

Walden was also double-teamed for the entire game after lighting them up at AC. Rorex was a starter as a freshman so I wouldn't say being a starter is insignificant. I would also say that Rorex was surrounded with a little more talent when you look at White, Sharpe, Gouldie, Longmire and Cross which would have all started had they been at Catholic. Rorex is a great player. I've never said otherwise. I'm good friends with his dad(sat with him Friday night). Rorex and Walden have played against each other since they were around 8 and certainly respect each other. I think some of those players come across as selfish when in actuality their team mates tend to watch them and count on them to make the plays which Jordan did Friday night.

Better check your stats a little closer. I doubt their accuracy. The ones I saw were a little different than what you obviously saw. Can't base everything off the PrepXtra stats if that's your refence point.

shoot you cant base nothing on prep xtra stats theyre stats are rarely ever right! messed mine up by 7 points my senior year haha