What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how has ac done since this post was started.

I know that they have faced back to back big time district losses to Scott and Catholic which took them from from first in the district to third. hopefully the mavs can get everything together since tourney is starting soon it would be a disappointment if they didn't make the region. So AC needs to come to play every time out now. I think their senior night is tonight and the regular season will be over for them. So they need to get the mentality that they are 0-0 because nothing really matters now that the season is completely over except for the tourney.

Beat Grace on senior night in OT. Grace is ranked 4th in prepxtra poll behind only Bearden, AE, and Fulton. They are 5th in state in single A and will probably get back to the state again. AC's manager played the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game and ran to the locker room when coach finally took him out. Pretty funny stuff. Rorex hit a shot at the buzzer to win.

Beat Grace on senior night in OT. Grace is ranked 4th in prepxtra poll behind only Bearden, AE, and Fulton. They are 5th in state in single A and will probably get back to the state again. AC's manager played the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game and ran to the locker room when coach finally took him out. Pretty funny stuff. Rorex hit a shot at the buzzer to win.

i heard that the manager got two good looks from three but both attempmts rimmed out. DW court at Eldridge Gymnasium may have had its roof blown off if he had connected. he actually shoots the ball very well. i saw him in a JV game hit three 3's in a row! i think that it is awesome that coach wallace gave the kid this opporunity. great story and great win for AC!

i heard that the manager got two good looks from three but both attempmts rimmed out. DW court at Eldridge Gymnasium may have had its roof blown off if he had connected. he actually shoots the ball very well. i saw him in a JV game hit three 3's in a row! i think that it is awesome that coach wallace gave the kid this opporunity. great story and great win for AC!

That was pretty cool of Coach Wallace to do that. Great way to show your appreciation for a kid that works hard and he obviously loves Anderson County basketball. Good luck in the tournament.

It was good to see the Manager get to play on Senior night. I think both sides of the gym loved that. It's a shame that the refs were so bad at this game. In OT with the game tied and Grace with the ball, the officials made an unbelievable call..Rorex was pulling Pridemores jersery so hard that it caused him to almost fall and the refs called a walk on Pridemore....Just a sad sad thing to do to these kids who played so hard. Let the play decide the outcome, not a terrible call. Congrats Grace for overcoming an 11 point deficit to take the game into OT. You played hard and with great character and class. Hopefully, these officials will be reprimanded for their poor officiating. Looks like all 3 of the refs have seen their better days.....Best of Luck to the Rams in the upcoming tournaments...Hope this game got you players fired up and mad!!!

It was good to see the Manager get to play on Senior night. I think both sides of the gym loved that. It's a shame that the refs were so bad at this game. In OT with the game tied and Grace with the ball, the officials made an unbelievable call..Rorex was pulling Pridemores jersery so hard that it caused him to almost fall and the refs called a walk on Pridemore....Just a sad sad thing to do to these kids who played so hard. Let the play decide the outcome, not a terrible call. Congrats Grace for overcoming an 11 point deficit to take the game into OT. You played hard and with great character and class. Hopefully, these officials will be reprimanded for their poor officiating. Looks like all 3 of the refs have seen their better days.....Best of Luck to the Rams in the upcoming tournaments...Hope this game got you players fired up and mad!!!

Just like the refs at Grace calling a charge on a player that clearly spun off the defender to avoid charging huh?

You got beat! Your not going to get any calls on the road, that's just how it is. I guess it was the ref's fault that Rorex hit the game winning shot in overtime.. Good Job AC, from a Catholic fan.

Is kind of funny on these whinning about the ref posts. I rarely see anything, if ever, from a team, coach or supporter that says "yea, we got a ton of calls that helped us win." I am sure that the Grace Rams have had some close games over the years that they were the benificiary of some favorable calls. Sad thing is the kids read these posts (I am sure by parents of players at times) and feel they have validated excuses. Bad calls happen in all sports....everywhere. Grace should not have been down by 11!

Is kind of funny on these whinning about the ref posts. I rarely see anything, if ever, from a team, coach or supporter that says "yea, we got a ton of calls that helped us win." I am sure that the Grace Rams have had some close games over the years that they were the benificiary of some favorable calls. Sad thing is the kids read these posts (I am sure by parents of players at times) and feel they have validated excuses. Bad calls happen in all sports....everywhere. Grace should not have been down by 11!

You are right, we had an off night for sure...should have won by 20..

I don't think a ref goes into a game thinking I'm going to screw this kid or a team. Take the good with the bad. I think your better refs are the ones who've played the game at some level.

I don't think a ref goes into a game thinking I'm going to screw this kid or a team. Take the good with the bad. I think your better refs are the ones who've played the game at some level.

You do make a good point the majority of the better officials in high school basketball have played the sport to atleast a certain level. But you cant just blame the officials for losing a game for you. I dont think anyone can find an official at any level that would really want to just give the game to another team. But I would llike to say congratulations to AC and the manager from AC. Good luck to both teams throughout the tourney and hopefully bot teams will have plenty of games left.