Sectionals

SequatchieBowler17

Good luck to all teams who've proceeded to the sectional matches! Our sectional is tomorrow at Holiday Bowl Hixson at 2:00 P.M. and we're bowling Smyrna. I hope everyone who has to drive gets to their destinations safely, and I hope that everyone bowls well! And please wish us good luck... We'll need it against this top-notch Smyrna team. Give us updates and info on your sectional matches too!

Good luck everyone! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all teams who've proceeded to the sectional matches! Our sectional is tomorrow at Holiday Bowl Hixson at 2:00 P.M. and we're bowling Smyrna. I hope everyone who has to drive gets to their destinations safely, and I hope that everyone bowls well! And please wish us good luck... We'll need it against this top-notch Smyrna team. Give us updates and info on your sectional matches too!

Good luck everyone! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lawrence County girls def Walker-Valley Saturday 17-10. That was a fun match to watch and hard fought. My hats off to the girls, coaches and parents at Walker-Valley. They were excellent hosts and showed excellent sportsmanship. Their girls team is very talented. This is our first visit to the State Tournament. Good luck in Smyrna all!

Columbia Central girls def Bradley-Central girls Sat. 22-5. Central shot 3096...I think.

I'd like to tip my hat to Smyrna, who defeated Soddy today by the score of 15.5 - 11.5. This was the most intense and by far the all around best match of our season, and I'm proud of the work they've done to be as good as they are. This was Soddy's best match of the season scoring-wise, and Smyrna simply bowled better than we did.

SCORES:

Smyrna: Brandon Barnes 266, 248, 227 (741), Eric Anderson 266, 213, 184 (663), Johnny Gillis 201, 200, 192 (593), Chris Gillis 233, 214, 208 (655), Steven Witherspoon 216, 213 (429), Josh Newell 185, John Collier 193 258, 205 (656). Team scores: 1356, 1343, 1223 for 3922. I'd like to thank Johnathan Collier for almost supplying us with a 7-10 conversion in the 5th frame of Game 3, too. He smacked the 10 out of the curtain and rolled it right in front of the 7 pin. I'd have rather seen him make it! haha /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Soddy: Matt Lyon 256, 258, 197 (711), Cody Hunter 238, 217, 225 (680), Kaleb Langston 255, 194, 215 (664), Allyn Pickett 182, 200, 225 (607), Scott Demirjian 192, 202, 201 (595) Joseph Leffew 227, and Wesley Williams with 189 and 145. Team scores: 1312, 1216, 1290 for 3818. I'll mention that Matt Lyon and Johnathan Collier tied the 2nd game at 258, for those wondering where the half point came from. Overall, Soddy just got beat, but at least we put up a fight. Congrats Smyrna, and good luck.

P.S. This is a good example of why complaining about "house advantage" is no arguement at all. Smyrna came to our house and bowled better than we did, so if someone's going to beat them for state, you've gotta beat them at their house.

OTHER STATS:

Smyrna: 33/40 single pins (82.5%)

12/18 Multi-pins (66.67%)

2/15 splits (13.33%)

131/206 strike possibilities (63.59%)

Soddy: 25/30 single pins (83.33%)

22/26 multi-pins (84.62%)

0/22 splits (do I really need to put a 0% here??)

123/204 strike possibilities (60.29%)

I would also like to congratulate smyrna for defeating soddy daisy today at sectionals. smyrna and soddy both came to bowl today. I bowled against Brandon Barnes today and he did excelent. He bowled a 741 series which consisted of a 266, a 248, and a 227. I bowled a 680 series which consisted of a 238, a 217, and a 225. also bowling well was Allyn Pickett (607), Scott Demirjian (595) (who also had the flu), Matt Lyon (711), Kaleb Langston (664), and Joseph Leffew (227).

Congratulations to Eric Anderson 266, 213, 184 (663), Johnny Gillis 201, 200, 192 (593), Chris Gillis 233, 214, 208 (655), Steven Witherspoon 216, 213 (429), Josh Newell 185, John Collier 193 258, 205 (656). And as I already mentioned Brandon Barnes shot a 266, 248, 227 (741).

Great job to all the bowlers, and good luck at state smyrna. I'm rootin for ya'll.

LCHS 22 - Bradley Central 5 (3641-3356)

Hats off to Bradley Central. They are a solid team and great sportsmen as well. Good luck in the future!

yeah, Bradley Central is a great team, talent-wise and sportsmanship-wise. Congrats on your win LCHS! But I'm gonna warn you, Smyrna is the top contendor. Defeating a team who shot 3818 today is no small achievement, so be ready for them.

Good luck to you guys!

yeah, Bradley Central is a great team, talent-wise and sportsmanship-wise. Congrats on your win LCHS! But I'm gonna warn you, Smyrna is the top contendor. Defeating a team who shot 3818 today is no small achievement, so be ready for them.

Good luck to you guys!

Yea, they all throw the ball very good. Im sending congrats out to Cody Hunter on Soddy's team for shooting a high series and showing up to bowl with a strong mentality, watch out for this kid next year, he's just a freshmen. Also congrats on Smyrna's win, good luck in the state tournament.

Overall, I'm proud of my whole team. Shooting a 3818 with 3 freshmen, 2 sophmores, and 1 senior is good for such a young team.

Wilson Central's girls & boys are headed to STATE! On Saturday, our girls defeated a very good Gallatin girls team 19-8, with pinfall totals at 3259-3058. Today in Gallatin, our boys won the closest match they've ever had, prevailing over Station Camp HS by total pins in a 13.5 - 13.5 tie! Our boys won pinfall 3475-3434. Major "hats off" to the Station Camp boys - they were fierce competitors, and stormed back into the match after being down by 196 pins the first game! It is a shame anyone had to lose this match!!

This will be the WC girls 3rd straight appearance at State, and our boys FIRST time! Congrats to our teams, and good luck to all at the State Championships!!

I would like to congatulate Mr. Matt Lyon who bowled an excellent 711 series. Everyone on the Soddy team did great, but Smyrna did a little bit better. Great job Smyrna and good luck in state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Considering my last 3 series were 719, 672, and 742, I feel as though, if I hadn't gotten the FLU the morning of the sectional, I would have bowled higher than a 595, way higher to be honest... As a matter of fact, if I'd bowled a 237 the first game I'd have beaten Johnny Gillis for a point and our team would have won the total pins for game 1 (making the final score 14.5-12.5 Soddy). However, these things do happen, and Smyrna was lucky that I caught the flu... I'm not going to take away from what Smyrna did to us, because bowling a 3922 is an incredible feat. But if we're honest with each other then we can agree that things could have been different if I was bowling at top condition (or even close to it).

Again, congratulations Smyrna. I just felt the need to voice my opinion...

As you can tell by my Avatar, I am from Soddy-Daisy. With that being said I wanted to thank the all the posters and bowlers from SD. It might not have been the finish that you wanted, but certainly a great year. And I might not post on the bowling thread very often, but I have been keeping up with your progress through out the year.

The thing that has impressed me most is the way you guys have conducted your selves with your posts. There was no trash talking, no bad mouthing other bowlers or teams, only facts and sportsmanship. Truly respectable young men.....I wish you well in your future endeavors.

MVM