Congratulations- 2009 Dream Team

coachmick

The way the selection works is that if you are the wrestler of the year, you are not placed on the dream team. IF you make the dream team then you are presented a plaque at a banquet in March. If you were not on the dream team you are eligible for the 1st Large school or the 1st team small school team. They are three seperate teams and you can't be on 1st team and dream team. I didn't make up the criteria I just attend the meeting.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the selection works is that if you are the wrestler of the year, you are not placed on the dream team. IF you make the dream team then you are presented a plaque at a banquet in March. If you were not on the dream team you are eligible for the 1st Large school or the 1st team small school team. They are three seperate teams and you can't be on 1st team and dream team. I didn't make up the criteria I just attend the meeting.

Okay, that makes sense.

I bet it wasn't a hard choice who the wrestler of the year was.

But, regardless, congrats to all who made the dream team.

My Bradley County & Hamilton County D-I Dream Teams

Bryan Alvarado (Cleveland)

Madison Martin (Red Bank)

Ethan Hames (Bradley Central)

Jack Boone (Notre Dame)

Logan Biddy (Bradley Central)

Dustin Stewart (Soddy Daisy)

Tee Boone (Notre Dame)

Vince Aguilar (Bradley Central) def Oakes 14-12 OT

Cody Hood (Ooltewah)

Bradley Colbaugh (Bradley Central)

David Graham (Bradley Central)

Jake Gamble (Soddy Daisy)

Tony Tolbert (Red Bank)

Randall Taylor (Bradley Central)

Jonathan Taylor (Red Bank)

Lindsey Aragon (Walker Valley)

Jamarcus Mobley (Red Bank)

Gabe Murphy (Bradley Central)

Eric Henley (Red Bank)

Omar Garcia (Cleveland) ??“ defeated Disney 5-4

Jake Young (Ooltewah)

Jesse Jones (Cleveland)

Brenden Dusevic (Notre Dame)

Tucker Bolton (Bradley Central)

Max Ofori (Cleveland)

Todd Worley (Hixson)

Adam Peters (Cleveland)

????

Your list looks pretty good. However, you must be uaware that Chris Aguilar (Bradley Central) has defeated both Taylor (ot) and Aragon (quite handily). Pitts (Bradley Central) also defeated Martin.

My Bradley County & Hamilton County D-I Dream Teams

Bryan Alvarado (Cleveland)

Madison Martin (Red Bank)

Ethan Hames (Bradley Central)

Jack Boone (Notre Dame)

Logan Biddy (Bradley Central)

Dustin Stewart (Soddy Daisy)

Tee Boone (Notre Dame)

Vince Aguilar (Bradley Central) def Oakes 14-12 OT

Cody Hood (Ooltewah)

Bradley Colbaugh (Bradley Central)

David Graham (Bradley Central)

Jake Gamble (Soddy Daisy)

Tony Tolbert (Red Bank)

Randall Taylor (Bradley Central)

Jonathan Taylor (Red Bank)

Lindsey Aragon (Walker Valley)

Jamarcus Mobley (Red Bank)

Gabe Murphy (Bradley Central)

Eric Henley (Red Bank)

Omar Garcia (Cleveland) ??“ defeated Disney 5-4

Jake Young (Ooltewah)

Jesse Jones (Cleveland)

Brenden Dusevic (Notre Dame)

Tucker Bolton (Bradley Central)

Max Ofori (Cleveland)

Todd Worley (Hixson)

Adam Peters (Cleveland)

????

I would like to add that joe proctor from cookeville has not lost to anyone at 160 in tenn and the only lost in tenn at 171, when are 171 was injured he lost to jake young. He has pinned disney and defeated or placed ahead of eveybody that is ranked in his weight class, i think most of tenn remembers that he has wrestled natioal and localy against some of the best wrestlers in these rankings dream team and defeated most of if not all of them, wrestling and those who wrestle in spring, summer know him

Yesterday, coaches from the mid state met at MBA for the nominations of the 2009 Dream Team. Unfortunately I didn't write down all of DI, DII, large school and small school group teams but here are the the combined 1st teamers. Maybe someone else can help with the others.

Cheerleaders of the Year- Independence

Referree of the Year- Tim Abel

Johnny Drennan Award-(Best wrestler in the mid state)- Cameron Croy- Brentwood High School

GP West Award- (Wrestling, community, church, grades, leadership, etc.)- Ryan Treloar- Hendersonville High School

Coach of the Year- Mattingly- Mt Juliet High School

103- Cole Moseley- Father Ryan

112- Blake Thomas- Brentwood High

119- Thomas Garbarino- John Paul II

125- Chase Beazley- Independence

130- Drake Townsend- Hendersonville

135- Cody Austell- Father Ryan

140- Johnny Kleinert- Beech

145- Anthony Grady- Clarksville

152- (Tie) Patrick Marchetti- Father Ryan

Justin Cash- Brentwood Academy

160- Daniel Todd- MBA

171- Wes Wesley- Father Ryan

189- (Tie) Michael Kennedy- Blackman

Max Jarrell- MBA

215- Josh Patton- Blackman

285- Ryan Carruthers- Brentwood Academy

Congratulations, and good luck in the next few weeks of the season.

see reply on joe proctor in next post says it all

StarRaider as much as everyone would love to here your opinion on the best in Chattanooga I think that the thread title is, "Congratulations- 2009 Dream Team" which is a middle TN team. You are taking away from these wrestlers acomplishments, which this thread is about recognizing the wrestlers of MIDDLE TN, by trying to turn this into a thread about chattanooga wrestling (which I have the utmost respect for).

StarRaider as much as everyone would love to here your opinion on the best in Chattanooga I think that the thread title is, "Congratulations- 2009 Dream Team" which is a middle TN team. You are taking away from these wrestlers acomplishments, which this thread is about recognizing the wrestlers of MIDDLE TN, by trying to turn this into a thread about chattanooga wrestling (which I have the utmost respect for).

Good Point!

in hoc, you might want to look back at the thread. Sommers (a middle Tennessean) asked what the East version of this type of list might look like. StarRaider was just responding. He never was disrespectful towards the talented group of middle TN kids.

just making another list per this post:

How does this area team compare to the East (Chatt-town area/Bradley-Baylor-McCallie with NO GA. wrestlers included - RMC will keep us honest on that one /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) and the West of course?

Anyone want to take a stab at that one?

Not trying to take anything away from the Middle Tenn guys. Thanks for policing the forum though.

edit: opps jakesdad beat me to the punch.

I would like to add that joe proctor from cookeville has not lost to anyone at 160 in tenn and the only lost in tenn at 171, when are 171 was injured he lost to jake young. He has pinned disney and defeated or placed ahead of eveybody that is ranked in his weight class, i think most of tenn remembers that he has wrestled natioal and localy against some of the best wrestlers in these rankings dream team and defeated most of if not all of them, wrestling and those who wrestle in spring, summer know him

Proctor is having an outstanding season. I don't know if the dream team pickers consider Cookeville in Middle Tenn since they are in Region 3..... (oh no I mentioned a taboo subject again).