South Pittsburg @ Marion County

hoopitup10

the whole wide world is just holding its breath in anticipation of the rematch betwixt these 2 well known state powerhouses.lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Nice topper, Old Pirate says them boys from the valley may take offense and take out some frustration come fall.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be Nice topper, Old Pirate says them boys from the valley may take offense and take out some frustration come fall.

Isn't it funny OP, how during basketball season its Chattanooga this and Chattanooga that by some of these fans, but come fall Chattanooga's boundries go from North Jackson to dang near Sweetwater looking for a team to root for because all of theirs are at home watching the rest of us play.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Isn't it funny OP, how during basketball season its Chattanooga this and Chattanooga that by some of these fans, but come fall Chattanooga's boundries go from North Jackson to dang near Sweetwater looking for a team to root for because all of theirs are at home watching the rest of us play.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says them there fellers just like to talk a tad when they get a chance. BUT BigJ YOU ARE RIGHT.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What a way to finish the regular season. It a shame ether team had to lose. Both teams played hard! Congrats to all those Fence Jumpers. Even though you all started at different schools, (Guyear - Grundy, Martin - Sequatchie County, Hargis, Brocks, and Henagar - South Pittsburg, Bailey - Whitwell, and Casaday - Lookout Valley), Its good to know you all wanted to finish at Marion! Congrats Warriors! 1-0 in the Pitt. Now lets focus on the District.

What a way to finish the regular season. It a shame ether team had to lose. Both teams played hard! Congrats to all those Fence Jumpers. Even though you all started at different schools, (Guyear - Grundy, Martin - Sequatchie County, Hargis, Brocks, and Henagar - South Pittsburg, Bailey - Whitwell, and Casaday - Lookout Valley), Its good to know you all wanted to finish at Marion! Congrats Warriors! 1-0 in the Pitt. Now lets focus on the District.

What was the score /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said MCRoadWarrior. My first visit to the Pitt; couldn't have asked for a better game. Gotta admire all players from both teams for their efforts tonight. I thought both teams played well start to finish. I did feel a little sorry for Cody; seemed he was getting knocked around pretty good all night with few calls to show for it. The Warrior's No. 1 fan got so disgusted about the lack of calls he left just before the game turned in Marion's favor. Pity, the ref he was disgusted with should have been the one to leave. Other than that little distraction tonight was well worth the admission. An earlier poster commented.....sarcastically......that everyone was holding their breath to see the rematch between these two teams. I think he was right. I got there late and had to park in the graveyard up the street. Looked like a Friday night football game outside the gym. Thanks to players and coaches on both teams for an entertaining game. The gym is impressive.

Ok, so we pulled one out but all isn't as sweet as it seems. Our boys need to realize that playing as sloppy as we did at times would have cost us had Malcolm been there or if SP had just hit there free throws (12-26 from the line). I have to give credit where credit is due though and Fennell played one heck of a game for the first three quarters. He practically carried SP during that time. However, come crunch time he seemed a little timid after BC blocked two or three of his shots in a row. Some of that could be attributed to the four fouls he had also, but he still played a good game. And man, Torrey Chubb lit it up again. SP would have won at least a few more games had he not been hurt. And yes, Montrell did play some excellent defense during his action tonight. So with that being said, congrats to the Pirates on a hard fought game and good luck in district play.

Now for our boys, Teddy simply carried us down the stretch. No one was able to keep up with him tonight. I think resting that ankle against Howard was a very smart move by CK. You could tell he was still fresh late in the game and it showed on the court. He was able to get to the rim any time he wanted to. Corpeio always plays inspired against SP and had some good moments in the third when we needed some baskets. And Hargis, he was open everytime I turned around and could have had at least 20 if we had got him the ball or if he had made some of those layups..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And BC, while he couldn't buy a bucket in the first half, he did play better late in the game. I still think that JuJuan's physical presence was a problem for him early. Once he realized that the refs were going to let em play, he start to play more aggressively himself and helped us down the stretch.

All in all it was a great game and could have gone either way. The officiating was terrible, but it was terrible both ways. And Darrell (Ref), you should hang em up, and stick to rec league softball at Tyner cause you were awful tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great game boys, but its over now so lets get ready for the district tourney.

And I applaud Mrs. Prince for stepping in and making sure our student section didn't get out of line unlike some of the comments that came from the other side during the girls game. Totally uncalled for and inexcusable. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Real Classy!

Old Pirate asks......where is the shuttle when us elderly need it? Dad burnit...OP says parking was a major handicap but OP found plenty of parking just beyond Billy Goat Hill and the boat dock. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The crowd was rowdy and set a great atmosphere for what was an exciting game. OP was shocked to find out Malcolm would not play. An applause is given to Warden Pratt's sterness on rules and the consequences to violators. Can't say that is the norm round the area and it's great to see a messge sent to our youngons in SP. EVEN.....thou OP thought we should have post poned the game due to.....the threat...... of...say... cloudy skies. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP says them there Jasper boys would have been in a mess of trouble "IF" all the SP's fire power had been available. Anyhow.....Congrats to the boys from JASPER for a hard fought game and the SP boys for going to battle short handed and making the best of the situation. OP really thought the Pirates would win but late the warriors took advantage of Pirate mistakes. 1 thing OP noticed was the lack of hustle on both teams by the big youngons at times. The Pirates are obviously playing much better and should they get more help from the bench could make a little noise.

MCRoadWarrior, OP was even more surprised by the number of your noted fence jumpers. OP's Stud Maker Video is close... to being put into mass production. The wife don't KNOW....she's soon to become a movie star. OP is still attempting to persaude the skillet slinger to join OP in wearing a disguise. This witness protection program is tuff: /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im here OP like i said in an eariler post we just got beat plain and simple nothing else i can say but remeber we play 1 more time.

Im here OP like i said in an eariler post we just got beat plain and simple nothing else i can say but remeber we play 1 more time.

Old Pirate hasn't seen hoop's take on the game. OP thought them Jasper folks would have a little more to say. Guess they are too tuckered out from all that yelling at the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate hasn't seen hoop's take on the game. OP thought them Jasper folks would have a little more to say. Guess they are too tuckered out from all that yelling at the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You know what they say, "Act like you've been there before." This game is over and now we have the district to worry about. Good Luck to the Pirates as well...Go Warriors!

What can i say more than it was a great game wish that youngon would have shot a little better in the first half. Dont think So Pitt had a answer fot Teddy late in the game But good luck to Marion and So Pitt down the stretch. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />