District 11A

always a dawg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

containing to the topic,,i wondered off about the ptciher,,but i think CA is the best overall on paper..alot of young talent comin up for alot of teams. good luck to all

I think that MIGHT be true but behind Workman who is going to pitch? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I think that could be a weak spot and any team that could put up runs would give CA fits. I could be wrong tho, but i'm not hopping on that bandwagon just yet.

looks like its gonna be a competitive year..everyone looks pretty equal..i knoe c'ville and huntland lost the aces on the mound last year but word is the new ace for Huntland is verbally committed at Alabama A&M..he's the lefty and they have a good sophomore who threw alot last year..c'ville has goot talent with Bassham missin maybe the 1st week for his knee and several good pitchers and i heard a rumor of a freshman from Richland last year hittin the 90's and they have Parsons..and Workman for CA who is committed to Columbia State..looks to be a good year

A freshman rumored to hit the 90's last year... really... I don't believe it.

yeah it was unbelievable to me too..i havent seen it..its just what i heard so im not sure...but dawgpride is right too..i think the only guy i seen throw for CA other than Workman was a lefty and he wasnt anywhere near the talent level as workman,,but there are only a handful of people in the district that have an impact on a team like he does

yeah it was unbelievable to me too..i havent seen it..its just what i heard so im not sure...but dawgpride is right too..i think the only guy i seen throw for CA other than Workman was a lefty and he wasnt anywhere near the talent level as workman,,but there are only a handful of people in the district that have an impact on a team like he does

Thats true too... Cornersville should be ok, we have some good young pitchers to back bassham. Pretty good bats through the middle of the lineup, but gonna have to have younger guys step up and produce as well.

Huntland is definately in the same boat. with only 4 returning starters there are alot of questions yet to be answered. Only 3 seniors..Huntland always lacks a leader and intensity. their basketball team has much improved on those 2 game changing factors so maybe their baseball team will too. Cully lost their ace and most of their heavy hitters and so did Richland. I talked to a guy from Moore County and he tells me they're excited about their new coach but they're short on talent. Cornersville has a leader in Bassham and im sure their talent will come in. A good year for district 11. see ya'll at the ballpark and good luck to all

CA's pitchers:

Workman - Sr

Ayers - Sr

Taylor (lefty) - Sr

True (lefty) - Soph (I think)

Williams - Jr

Horne - Soph

That is all I know off the top of my head. I know CA has a few more but I'm not sure of names. Workman and Ayers threw a majority of the district games last season. Taylor may have thrown a game in the district tournament. He had a pretty good summer with the Post 19 Jr team. Williams threw against Mt. Pleasant I know and maybe some relief work last season. He also threw some during the summer for Post 19 Jr's. True has come a long way. He may surprise some teams. Know by me listing this does not mean that I am saying CA will win the district. I'm just throwing the some names out there.

Huntland is definately in the same boat. with only 4 returning starters there are alot of questions yet to be answered. Only 3 seniors..Huntland always lacks a leader and intensity. their basketball team has much improved on those 2 game changing factors so maybe their baseball team will too. Cully lost their ace and most of their heavy hitters and so did Richland. I talked to a guy from Moore County and he tells me they're excited about their new coach but they're short on talent. Cornersville has a leader in Bassham and im sure their talent will come in. A good year for district 11. see ya'll at the ballpark and good luck to all

Oh yeah I meant to ask you 27 in a previous statement you made, where did you get the info Bassham is missing a week? I've talked to him personally a few times and he insists he's not missing time? So where did you get that /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

CA's pitchers:

Workman - Sr

Ayers - Sr

Taylor (lefty) - Sr

True (lefty) - Soph (I think)

Williams - Jr

Horne - Soph

That is all I know off the top of my head. I know CA has a few more but I'm not sure of names. Workman and Ayers threw a majority of the district games last season. Taylor may have thrown a game in the district tournament. He had a pretty good summer with the Post 19 Jr team. Williams threw against Mt. Pleasant I know and maybe some relief work last season. He also threw some during the summer for Post 19 Jr's. True has come a long way. He may surprise some teams. Know by me listing this does not mean that I am saying CA will win the district. I'm just throwing the some names out there.

Clark Ayers, and Doug Taylor didnt become eligible till late in the season last year because they transfered from Central.