Riverdale hoops coach suspended

chs4life

I had the opportunity to have Coach Maxwell as an assistant coach on my AAU middle school squad. I am now playing college ball. If I could re-do highschool I would have followed Coach Maxwell anywhere, just to have the opportunity to play for her. She is an awesome role model and great woman, not to mention a great coach!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to have Coach Maxwell as an assistant coach on my AAU middle school squad. I am now playing college ball. If I could re-do highschool I would have followed Coach Maxwell anywhere, just to have the opportunity to play for her. She is an awesome role model and great woman, not to mention a great coach!

No one is arguing about being a great coach or a great lady as I assume she is but we are talkin bout her being busted for violating a tssaa rule accident ,typo or not shw violated a rule. So hence as she did innocent or not she accepted wrong doing ans was slapt on the wrist by ronnie and the boys at tssaa.since she violated this rule it is fair for anyone to ask did she plan on recruiting out of zone players.look don't start pointin fingers at us , callin us names,saying this and that acting like ur johnny cochran or bart durham we never said she was evil just violated a rule mistake (typo or not) she made her bad she needs to sleep in it she's a big girl she can speak on her own

I have been a member of this fine board for almost a year now, but just recently find reason to express my opinion. I have been reading this daily since this situation arose. Someone please explain to me how 1 set of parents, who actually MOVED to Murfreesboro so their child could play for Coach Maxwell, have managed to discredit a coach (who everyone on this sight praised gloriously when she was hired) because they haven't gotten their way? Granted the middle school night indeed was a mistake, but it seems rather petty after the other allegations were disproven. How many coaches have made a minor mistake like this and have gone unpunished? I am not condoning what happened, but does the Riverdale program really look like it has to "recruit" a couple of middle school girls to be competitive? It just seems like some people are smelling blood in the water and are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is. I hope they don't succeed because I have watched this lady coach on several occasions and she has "it". "It" is the ability to get the best out of the young ladies she teaches (TEACHES not coaches-there is a difference). To me, this is a reflection of what our society has become, the "me-first" generation has become the "my child first" generation.

Its a LONG story between R'dale and Blackman that started with football and players from Blackman finding their way to R'dale when we were winning everything in football. Thusly this is not the first problem, but hopefully it will be the LAST!

No one is arguing about being a great coach or a great lady as I assume she is but we are talkin bout her being busted for violating a tssaa rule accident ,typo or not shw violated a rule. So hence as she did innocent or not she accepted wrong doing ans was slapt on the wrist by ronnie and the boys at tssaa.since she violated this rule it is fair for anyone to ask did she plan on recruiting out of zone players.look don't start pointin fingers at us , callin us names,saying this and that acting like ur johnny cochran or bart durham we never said she was evil just violated a rule mistake (typo or not) she made her bad she needs to sleep in it she's a big girl she can speak on her own

I believe she already is doing her punishment. Sounds like she will be just fine. But to an outsider, it sounds like the end of a witch hunt. Where they looked under every stone to find something and this was the only way they could say, "I told you so". I know of a lot worse things that has happened and were not even investigated. Did she break the rules? Sure she did, doesn't sound like much. I don't believe that this will even come close to defining her. I also think the hunters look more like the fools. You can already tell what kind of coach she is by the testimonies on here. I have not heard any of the testimonies for the accusers. Lets hear how they have affected the lives of young people positively...I doubt you will find more than egos.

I believe she already is doing her punishment. Sounds like she will be just fine. But to an outsider, it sounds like the end of a witch hunt. Where they looked under every stone to find something and this was the only way they could say, "I told you so". I know of a lot worse things that has happened and were not even investigated. Did she break the rules? Sure she did, doesn't sound like much. I don't believe that this will even come close to defining her. I also think the hunters look more like the fools. You can already tell what kind of coach she is by the testimonies on here. I have not heard any of the testimonies for the accusers. Lets hear how they have affected the lives of young people positively...I doubt you will find more than egos.

Again I have no horse in the race I am in outsider and I do know of coach M and have taled to her a few times while she coached at Indy-yes great coach and I'm sure a super person but regardless of turnin over stones or what not she is guilty ( look its like arguing with some brentwood academy or ensworth parents about them recruitin football players and like they tell all when accused of recruiting prove it)

Again I have no horse in the race I am in outsider and I do know of coach M and have taled to her a few times while she coached at Indy-yes great coach and I'm sure a super person but regardless of turnin over stones or what not she is guilty ( look its like arguing with some brentwood academy or ensworth parents about them recruitin football players and like they tell all when accused of recruiting prove it)

Why so argumentative with your responses if you have not horse in this race? We get it she is guilty under TSSAA for inviting middle school players to her game, and thank goodness you were not handing down her sentence or we would be getting the electric chair ready. I think all that know her, know what a fine lady she is and for all those that show their support I know that she appreciates it. For all those that don't support her - she is doing her punishment and now it needs to rest, move on and take your witch hunt somewhere else. Good Luck in the remainder of this season Coach Maxwell and GO LADY WARRIORS!!!

Why so argumentative with your responses if you have not horse in this race? We get it she is guilty under TSSAA for inviting middle school players to her game, and thank goodness you were not handing down her sentence or we would be getting the electric chair ready. I think all that know her, know what a fine lady she is and for all those that show their support I know that she appreciates it. For all those that don't support her - she is doing her punishment and now it needs to rest, move on and take your witch hunt somewhere else. Good Luck in the remainder of this season Coach Maxwell and GO LADY WARRIORS!!!

Now this is a good from a knowledgable poster. Pretty Soon those schools will be on here wondering why you don't schedule them to play you. Just watch whose posting and you will see. Horses come in different colors.

Not argumentive just sick of you and another acting like johnny cochran representing her- gosh yougive it a break she violated the rules we pointed that out and you have to come on her needing to portey her like mary poppins when no one accused her of stealin or beatin kids -hey stop with ur which hunt its old and like I said the private schools brentwood academy,ensworth are always being in a which hunt

Not argumentive just sick of you and another acting like johnny cochran representing her- gosh yougive it a break she violated the rules we pointed that out and you have to come on her needing to portey her like mary poppins when no one accused her of stealin or beatin kids -hey stop with ur which hunt its old and like I said the private schools brentwood academy,ensworth are always being in a which hunt

Your right,but this is the first time in a long time for RD and then after all of the Tk hype of selling newspapers (We sure liked the previous one), and the inslaught of DII writers trying to make up for their own misgivings, we're down to not portreying her as someone who beat kids. Palin, I follow Indy and appreciate the guts they are exhibiting this year. Blackman and RD will fight on and off the court but their battles are not even close to BA and ENS. At least they are two top notch Schools but should be charged for the marketing effort they and some other posters put forth for their private schools, all which are good. Academics is not the problem but when some blatently look for athletes under the guise of aid it gets a little more than one can take. But, in defense of them and they need none, until public schools get things right, they will be there.

t