Riverdale hoops coach suspended

chs4life

It is noyt slander when guilty as charged typo or not she broke tssaa rules and hence an asterik* now appears next to er name so to call this slander go to websters dictionary to see the meaning of slander.

You don't now me so to say I never had a role model I'm my life is judgemental and elitist on your part- my friend I played for Lou Holtz and Notre Dame (altough not much playing time) he was a leader,role model and I was blessed to have learned from MY ROLE MODEL- Lou Holtz.

Went on to grad assistant, was offensive cord for over 15 yrs at major illinois catholic private school that was powerhouse,coached the united kingdom american national football team for 2 yrs and I assist in evaluating high school talent for a big 10 team and yes to break your bubble I was a role model to some in fact one would be my son a football player at northwestern in evanston .

But I'm more proud of him getting into Northwestern then his scholarship.so am I impressed your spouse is a coach and your such a talent to deem 2 of ur kids gifted with sports, so carry on guilty as charged and remember some on here have some sense ,know what they are talking about and ....

No asterik will appear beside her name in regards to this situation.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QAPET: YOU GO GIRL. If I had been in the financial situation to do it, I would have followed both of the Williamson county coaches to Rutherford County. Neither of them asked. My kid might not have played as much there. But, as an ex-coach, I could see the loss to Williamson County and the gain to Rutherford. As a parent, I wanted to follow. As a player, my child wanted to follow. Unfortunately, we had a house to sell and aren't loaded like certain eatery execs (closing and moving costs were prohibitive to US). If I had been in an apartment, with the lease expiring anyway, YOU BETCHA I would have followed a coach under whose teaching that I had improved tremendously and loved playing for. Good players and their parents want to be a part of a good program and be taught by good coaches. The performance of those good coaches speak for itself. Especially if those good coaches are not willing to play politics, sometimes even if it means they lose their jobs because of it. ANYWAY, my point is... I had several coaches in my time that I would have followed to the ends of the earth because they taught me about life and about the sport. As an adult, I am amazed by how things have changed. I am amazed at the sense of entitlement that people think their children have just because they come to practice or pay their "player fees". Guys, this isn't rec ball. If you want equal playing time, go play at the Y or the rec center. High school ball is about who is the best. Period. Not what grade you are. Not how much money your parents can raise for the school. Not how buddy buddy your daddy can get with the coach. I had a friend once tell me that FAIR is relative. What's FAIR to the kids who have the talent and work hard is that they play and that the best players are on the floor with them so that their team will be competitive. Anything less, is not FAIR to those kids. That's the way high school ball used to be. You get a coach that operates that way now, and THE WITCH HUNT BEGINS. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of seeing good people being done wrong in the name of keeping whiners happy.

About the best player thing, I agree as long as you don't send out letters to unzoned children in an attempt to get them to go to your school, would you not agree. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

About the best player thing, I agree as long as you don't send out letters to unzoned children in an attempt to get them to go to your school, would you not agree. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The flyer was a mistake and she has been reprimanded for it. Two game suspension, which includes the game against the school that WAS MANIPULATED INTO BEING THE MOUTHPIECE FOR THE ORIGINAL WHINERS. Blackman should be happy although much to their dismay, they don't get to face a 23 year old, fresh out of college assistant coach that is scared to death and has no experience. They get to face an ex-head coach with 20 something years of experience instead. Interesting that all this arose just before Riverdale's first game against Blackman and certain Riverdale parents were seen sitting on the Blackman side during the basketball game.

Oh yea, and I know way too much about the way the Blackman softball program operates. Better watch what kind of fuel you throw into the BLAZE... it could wind up burning in your own backyard.

The flyer was a mistake and she has been reprimanded for it. Two game suspension, which includes the game against the school that WAS MANIPULATED INTO BEING THE MOUTHPIECE FOR THE ORIGINAL WHINERS. Blackman should be happy although much to their dismay, they don't get to face a 23 year old, fresh out of college assistant coach that is scared to death and has no experience. They get to face an ex-head coach with 20 something years of experience instead. Interesting that all this arose just before Riverdale's first game against Blackman and certain Riverdale parents were seen sitting on the Blackman side during the basketball game.

Oh yea, and I know way too much about the way the Blackman softball program operates. Better watch what kind of fuel you throw into the BLAZE... it could wind up buring in your own backyard.

Bet it won't take long to get this thing locked now! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh yea, and I know way too much about the way the Blackman softball program operates. Better watch what kind of fuel you throw into the BLAZE... it could wind up burning in your own backyard.

You don't have ANY idea what you're talking about...

As she mentioned, and it has been quoted, it was an oversight. That's good enough for most people. However even if was an oversight, it was wrong. What is now being lost is that the orginal things mentioned were found to not be the case. This was found as a result of that inquiry. It was found to be wrong. What can be implied by the allegation that this was brought up by a Blackman AD, which has not been substantiated, is that ALL schools in Rutherford are on guard for schools, in Rutherford and out, who violate the rules and try to recruit in the County are being watched for violations. These are athletes, not students. It also seems to mean that AD's in the County need to get their act together to see it doesn't happen again.

STU, I can't blame you and the other DII posters jumping on this bandwagon but wrong is wrong. The schools in Rutherford have been cooperative in most all ways, not agreeable it seems, but very cooperative. They will continue to be I am sure and with the TSSAA final ruling it will be finished.

so a wording issue ina letter to middle school coaches to all of their players instead of zoned players in your opinion merits more than a 2 game suspension in district games...why is that...

its funny on the boys side we lose players all the time to other schools in fact we lost 2 this year and no one says anything about it and yet our coaches send out a letter and put the word "all" in there instead of zoned and we want to make an example out of a coach saying 2 games isnt enough...i respectfully disagree with your opinion

RD, while unexpected, it happened and Blackman challenged and were right. Things happen. What you posted in addition is correct. Rutherford is a mobile community with huge schools, but with rules, and things happen all of the time without explanation. Maybe the thing to learn out of this is when these odd things happen, communications as to why they happen need to be told. Sure leads to a lot of rumors. Students changing schools due to waivers on subject matter taught is done and rightfully so. Waivers are a way of life. Not sure what all of these other things are about.

RD, while unexpected, it happened and Blackman challenged and were right. Things happen. What you posted in addition is correct. Rutherford is a mobile community with huge schools, but with rules, and things happen all of the time without explanation. Maybe the thing to learn out of this is when these odd things happen, communications as to why they happen need to be told. Sure leads to a lot of rumors. Students changing schools due to waivers on subject matter taught is done and rightfully so. Waivers are a way of life. Not sure what all of these other things are about.

I have been a member of this fine board for almost a year now, but just recently find reason to express my opinion. I have been reading this daily since this situation arose. Someone please explain to me how 1 set of parents, who actually MOVED to Murfreesboro so their child could play for Coach Maxwell, have managed to discredit a coach (who everyone on this sight praised gloriously when she was hired) because they haven't gotten their way? Granted the middle school night indeed was a mistake, but it seems rather petty after the other allegations were disproven. How many coaches have made a minor mistake like this and have gone unpunished? I am not condoning what happened, but does the Riverdale program really look like it has to "recruit" a couple of middle school girls to be competitive? It just seems like some people are smelling blood in the water and are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is. I hope they don't succeed because I have watched this lady coach on several occasions and she has "it". "It" is the ability to get the best out of the young ladies she teaches (TEACHES not coaches-there is a difference). To me, this is a reflection of what our society has become, the "me-first" generation has become the "my child first" generation.