College Guys

Guest toughasnails

Guest toughasnails

This year will be a good year for the college guys from Tennessee. The Simpson brothers at West Point, Pat at 133 and Phil at 141 is in the top 10. Phil should have a good season like last year. Casey Brewster at West Virginia will be going 125 and his in the top 25. West Virginia is ranked in the top 10. Darre McKnight should have a good season as well at Michigan State, and Matt Keller at Nebraska.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be from the same state, a lot of people on this message board tend to forget about the guys wrestling at UTC that are from TN. Craig Johnson, Quantal Langford, Chris Bird, Jake Yost, Ben Smith, Hank Raines, Josh Ward, Brandon Artiles, Alan Morris, etc. just to name a few. With Coaches Brands, Fullhart, and Eslinger in and a lot of hard work (which will be done), UTC will eventually be a program to watch just as much as the Okie States, Mich. States, Westpoints, etc. Just something to think about.

Posted by dabears:

To be from the same state, a lot of people on this message board tend to forget about the guys wrestling at UTC that are from TN. Craig Johnson, Quantal Langford, Chris Bird, Jake Yost, Ben Smith, Hank Raines, Josh Ward, Brandon Artiles, Alan Morris, etc. just to name a few. With Coaches Brands, Fullhart, and Eslinger in and a lot of hard work (which will be done), UTC will eventually be a program to watch just as much as the Okie States, Mich. States, Westpoints, etc. Just something to think about.

daBear...why cant someone keep the MOCs wrestling part of their website with someone beyond last years NCAAs?

I am glad to see Brands taking part in wrestling things (such as the coaches clinic at Franklin High here). But we get ALMOST NO press in the local paper here, though the CITY PAPER here last year did the best of any paper since 1906. Keep posting to this board, let us know things.

reftn

It sure would be nice if UTC would get a wrestling web page started so we could keep up with what is happening there. Does anyone have the UTC schedule for this season? It would be nice to take some youth & high schoolers to a UTC home match.

Are any of the Tennesse boys coming back to UTC to wrestle for Brands?

Will Brands be involved in Tennessee Wrestling or will he be looking for recruits from other states? Is he going to support AAU or USA Wrestling or both? Does he have any kind of relationship with these organizations? Has he started talking to TSSAA or is that irrelevant?

It will be interesting to see how he changes UTC and hopefully the state of wrestling in Tennessee. Rumor has it that he plans to bring back the Southern Open.

:confused:

If UTC wants to become a major player in college wrestling they need to become a pr machine for their program. Running a college wrestling program is just like running a business, you need everything to be done in a very professional way. A big time web site would be a start but other things must be done also.

[Edited by cbg on 8-31-02 8:37A]

cbq...I agree with you on this. I have emailed the web master at UTC and asked him to keep the wrestling part of the website with up to date information. It may help if others would do the same. You can go to www.utc.edu then to athletics. Thanks

Posted by cbg:

If UTC wants to become a major player in college wrestling they need to become a pr machine for their program. Running a college wrestling program is just like running a business, you need everything to be done in a very professional way. A big time web site would be a start but other things must be done also.

Posted by sly:

cbq...I agree with you on this. I have emailed the web master at UTC and asked him to keep the wrestling part of the website with up to date information. It may help if others would do the same. You can go to www.utc.edu then to athletics. Thanks

Posted by cbg:

I have been checking the UTC webpage from before summer, no changes. Without a doubt, several road trips from Nashville would be in the future.

Promotion: I wish UTC would have done a season ticket sale for wrestling in the name of PROGRAM DONATION (unless they have all the cash they need). There are alot of wrestling alum across the state that would likely be willing to buy season tickets regardless of whether they would ever be able to attend a match, all for donating to the program. I am afraid the powers that be at UTC are going to lose the momentum that comes with hiring TBrands. By now there should have been a regional wide groundswell anticitpating the first dual with Brands as coach. Pack the arena nite? High school and Junior High wrestlers get in free or half price? PSLs!? hahaha...if you're going to dream.....

Its hard to show support when you dont know when and where. I like revolution better than evolution.

As for me, I want to be there for opening nite. How about encouraging Bradly and McCallie doing a dual warm up before the main event? Or at least maybe Connell and Lodgson go

1-2-2? Talk about a money maker. The winner gets to decide whether the split stays in tact....wow, I am really losing it here.

reftn

FYI...instead of going to (utc.edu) you can get there quicker by going to www.gomocs.com.....

Posted by reftn:
Posted by sly:

Posted by cbg:

I have been checking the UTC webpage from before summer, no changes. Without a doubt, several road trips from Nashville would be in the future.

Promotion: I wish UTC would have done a season ticket sale for wrestling in the name of PROGRAM DONATION (unless they have all the cash they need). There are alot of wrestling alum across the state that would likely be willing to buy season tickets regardless of whether they would ever be able to attend a match, all for donating to the program. I am afraid the powers that be at UTC are going to lose the momentum that comes with hiring TBrands. By now there should have been a regional wide groundswell anticitpating the first dual with Brands as coach. Pack the arena nite? High school and Junior High wrestlers get in free or half price? PSLs!? hahaha...if you're going to dream.....

Its hard to show support when you dont know when and where. I like revolution better than evolution.

As for me, I want to be there for opening nite. How about encouraging Bradly and McCallie doing a dual warm up before the main event? Or at least maybe Connell and Lodgson go

1-2-2? Talk about a money maker. The winner gets to decide whether the split stays in tact....wow, I am really losing it here.

reftn

reftn

EXCELLENT Idea........on the Dual meet, that is. and Don't underestimate UTC Students ( or Knoxville or Tech, for that matter) Get a National Level Program and Promote it, and Not only will you Bring ALL the former Wrestlers that will support it, you'll draw a few other Fans as well.....(think UTC's Run to the Sweet 16 in 97, to a lesser extent)

• 2 months later...