D-II AA

wildcatfan

well, i'd just like to start off by wishing D-II AA good luck.

I think, of course, that BGA is, and rightfully should be, the favorite this season since they beat BCS and Webb last year. Having said that much, I also want to add that BCS is due a Clinic Bowl sooner or later. They have been the Buffalo Bills of D-II for the last four years. I think overall that BCS has been the MOST solid team over the last few years, they just haven't been able to winthe one game at Vandy. ECS beat BGA last season in a close game- leaving me to believe that this year's matchup will not dissappoint BGA or ECS fans. Also, Webb beat BCS in the regular season, and if I'm not mistaken BCS was able to split with them by winning in the playoffs.

Bottomline, just like every year, there are only four teams, that have a shot this season at the title. BGA, BCS, HA, and Webb.

Anyway, good luck to all of the II-AA teams- ARE WE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to break down the top 4 d2-AA teams

BGA Key returners...

Bickley Qb, Karl Rb, Hickerson Rb

I believe BGA has a few offensive and defensive lineman back.

Key losses would definitely be Johnson MLB and TE, Soderquist K, WR, DB, and I think a few OL

ECS...Key returnees are Braswell QB, Self WR, H.Simmons RB and the Middle Linebacker 78

Losses...W. Simmons P,K, KR, WR, DB

McPhail...KR, PR, RB, DB

Bailey and Blackwell OL and DL

Webb...Key returnees #4 Rhalston Baker RB, John Inman OL DL, Brandon Berry WR, and I think their qb is back

Key losses are Steve Strock OL, Tyler Smith RB, and another RB

Briarcrest...Key returnees Robert Towns RB, Melvin Cole RB, Josh Fletcher QB, Justin Currie OL, Micheal Helman LB

Key losses...Olsen Qb, Verhine OL, Quinn WR, Velasco RB, Cowen K, Mayhew Wr

I will leave my high school out (Harding) just so I won't embarrass anyone

I think its BGA/ Harding, Briarcrest, Webb in that order

BGA- Cus they are the state champs

Harding-Cus they return the most

Briarcrest-Towns, Cole, Currie (probably 3 best in the league)

Webb-Consistently great, and have one of the best OL's and the best Fb in the league! :)

All four have outstanding, outstanding coaches...Webb runs the well all the time, Harding has the best defensive coaches, BGA has solid solid players that execute, and Briarcrest has a great offensive scheme every year regardless of personel.

I think the team to be scared of is ECS! I mean the guys played with so much intensity against a much better opponent last week, i thought it was amazing! But my picks are as follows:

Briarcrest/Harding

Briarcrest/Harding

ECS

St. Benedict

BGA

Webb

Norte Dame

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

I think the game of the year will be the Harding/Briarcrest game Nov. 1!

BGA has the best running back in the league(i know towns/cole) but i think Ryan Karl is a hoss!

Best Defense has to be Harding!

Best Offense, probably , Briarcrest, but needs to improve before BA next week!

Best Player, is most likely Bowman, but Todd Cox is probably the best player if all these guys where Seniors!

Should be a fun year and it all starts tomorrow!

I played against Karl and I played against Towns...Towns will stop and change direction on a dime...Karl is more hard nosed but Towns is faster and a lot more dangerous...Towns was a great player as a sophomore just like Karl was, Towns is more shifty and will make the big play on you, He probably had around 170 all purpose yards against us...Karl might have gotten 70, maybe. Both are good...

Guest Crest20

This is Justin Currie, I am posting under a friends name. I would like to ask you Harding guys this..with all due respect, I mean honestly, I mean no harm by this, but do you think that you played a schedule as intense as one of BGA or ourselves, you guys' defense would've led the Shelby-Metro area in rush defense?? Please answer maturely, as for the picks, coach said keep my mouth shut, so thats hush.

This is Trey Lampkin a olb for b-crest. We will win the state championship this year. We have robert towns how has speed to turn the corner on you. Then did you see melvin cole put on a show at the rigdeway game. On the line we have justin currie and michel helman. We will have the most productive team. We also have josh as are qb. And speaking of harding the will not gain a yard on us that goes to Todd cox. He will be my lunch meat. Getting boy

Offensively Briarcrest is dangerous with Towns and Cole, and they have the best lineman in Justin Currie...but this is the first time in a long time they are not deep at all on the offensive or defensive lines. They don't have a big bruising fullback, or a big time middle linebacker like Cotton...they don't have a real dangerous receiver like years past when they had Schneider. Even their kicking game is new. Towns, Cole, and Currie are as good as anyone...but from there it is rather suspect. Helman is a really good player and so is #6 I believe at LB, but the team depth is not as strong as Hardings, and ECS is never a pushover. ECS and MHA probably have better defensive lines then BCS because they are returning more kids. ECS beat a pretty good SBEC team who only lost to BCS I think 21-0 in the scrimmage that I saw. For the first time in a long time, there is no clear cut winner here, and I believe anyone that is not attached to a particular program, will concede that.