Catholic @ Stone Memorial

stonefox

The last time that selfish Irish team played the improving Warriors they won 77 to 40. Must have been a fluke that the Irish had 24 assist that night. As for the Stone game, it was a really good game that went back and forth. Catholic had an opportunity to put the game away as well, but missed 2 layups, a couple of put backs, and multiple freethrows. Both teams played hard it should be a great district tournament. It's a shame the T$$AA is breaking up this league. If you could leave Catholic and Anderson Co. then add a team like Alcoa, it would have been amazing next year. Oh well, good luck to Stone and the rest of the district teams this week.

Hey ScottA11, I did say from what I've seen of Catholic this year that they seem ALOT less selfish than the last couple of years. They dont seem to have that one player this year who thinks he's the star and has to shoot everytime he gets the ball. From what I've seem the scoring looks pretty even throughout the lineup. Do you know what the outcome of the district will be if Catholic beats AC? If I'm not mistaken, did AC beat Catholic first time around. If there is a tie for first place in district play,how does the tiebreaker work?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ScottA11, I did say from what I've seen of Catholic this year that they seem ALOT less selfish than the last couple of years. They dont seem to have that one player this year who thinks he's the star and has to shoot everytime he gets the ball. From what I've seem the scoring looks pretty even throughout the lineup. Do you know what the outcome of the district will be if Catholic beats AC? If I'm not mistaken, did AC beat Catholic first time around. If there is a tie for first place in district play,how does the tiebreaker work?

To break a tiebreaker, they drew numbers out of a hat and whoever has the lowest number wins the tiebreaker and Catholic drew #1 so in this case Catholic would be the number one seed in the tournament and AC number two seed.

Go Stone!!!

To break a tiebreaker, they drew numbers out of a hat and whoever has the lowest number wins the tiebreaker and Catholic drew #1 so in this case Catholic would be the number one seed in the tournament and AC number two seed.

Go Stone!!!

Thanks HelloMan909, this makes for an interesting week.

Go Stone!!!

If I am not mistaken, Stone drew higher than both AC an KC. Because the way it was explained to me, if Catholic wins the game against AC, then Stone would still get the number one seed. But I'm not for sure. Can someone try to find out for sure?

HMMMM... maybe that's what's missing at Stone. Maybe those boys need to be believed in. Maybe their coaches need to believe in them, maybe the boys need to believe in themselves. Maybe that's the one little thing those boys need to get them to the top. Come on folks, I would have believed in any one of those boys had they been placed on that line.

Name one?

The last time that selfish Irish team played the improving Warriors they won 77 to 40. Must have been a fluke that the Irish had 24 assist that night. As for the Stone game, it was a really good game that went back and forth. Catholic had an opportunity to put the game away as well, but missed 2 layups, a couple of put backs, and multiple freethrows. Both teams played hard it should be a great district tournament. It's a shame the T$$AA is breaking up this league. If you could leave Catholic and Anderson Co. then add a team like Alcoa, it would have been amazing next year. Oh well, good luck to Stone and the rest of the district teams this week.

ScottA11.....I do not believe anyone has said KC is selfish this year.....on the contrary they probably have more assists than at anytime in years. At the risk of reigniting the ire of HappyHour22......I mentioned past years. Nick Williams, Tony Fox, Parton, Conaty, et al....all good players but had a propensity to shoot their teamates right out of games at times

On CAK.....loss to KC was worst of year so i expect improvement from them this week. Talent level is rarely what KC has but Coach Darden always has them playing hard.....almost upset KC last year.

How was officiating overall up on the Plateau??

Stone failed to play hard in the second half. Catholic is better than Anderson County. CAK, their record speaks for itself.

I would not say Catholic is better then AC. I would say they are more consistent, but if AC is healthy and playing together they are the best team in the district. Stone is also very good, and they are just on the brink of being at the top, but they need to learn to close out close games for this to happen.

Now for CAK, I don't intend to be mean, but until you actually beat somebody you really don't have a dog in this fight.

ScottA11.....I do not believe anyone has said KC is selfish this year.....on the contrary they probably have more assists than at anytime in years. At the risk of reigniting the ire of HappyHour22......I mentioned past years. Nick Williams, Tony Fox, Parton, Conaty, et al....all good players but had a propensity to shoot their teamates right out of games at times

On CAK.....loss to KC was worst of year so i expect improvement from them this week. Talent level is rarely what KC has but Coach Darden always has them playing hard.....almost upset KC last year.

Fox, Conaty, and Parton all went to state tournaments and all won district championships. Parton led the Irish to 3 straight state tournaments. His senior year he needed to shoot. Fox and Conaty were shooting guards, their job was to shoot. As far as selfish comment, I was taking a jab it was meant in humor. The officiating was fair, both teams got some bad calls.

If I am not mistaken, Stone drew higher than both AC an KC. Because the way it was explained to me, if Catholic wins the game against AC, then Stone would still get the number one seed. But I'm not for sure. Can someone try to find out for sure?

Catholic drew#1 out of the hat, but it doesn't matter if they don't win out. 3 district road games in the next 8 days.

Fox went to 1 state tourney. Parton went to 3 straight state tourneys. I don't see how you could say Parton shot Catholic out of any games in 4 years as a starter. Fox may have done it occassionaly but he sure shot us into a lot more than he lost. Don't think Williams or Conaty made a state tourney appearance but played on pretty good teams.

If all 3 teams finished tied at 10-2, I was told that Catholic drew a 1, Stone a 2 and Anderson a 3. That would be the order. Unless I got Anderson and Stone's numbers mixed up. Besides, Catholic still has to play three district road games in an eight day period. So it's a moot point if they lose anyone of the three. If I'm not mistaken when Fox was at Catholic the Irish were 21-7 his junior year and 28-3 as a senior. He transferred into KCHS in January of his junior year and hit a 30 foot three point shot to beat Baylor, of those 7 losses, he was on the team for 3 of them. His senior year they lost to Brentwood Academy, Baylor, and Briarcrest. 3 really good teams. I wish Catholic had someone today who would shoot them out of games like he did six losses in 2 years. As a senior, Parton led his team to a 25-7 record and hit 7 game winning shots how is that shooting someone out of a game.