East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

, But East Coach started taking shots and trying to impose his will on Coach Harris program....

Did the coach try to get the middle school to run the same type of offense and defense that he was running at the high school? Is that how he tried to impose his will on the middle school coach?

I am sure all coaches want the middle school program running the same system they are running in high school that way they at least have an idea of what they are doing when they get up there. If they don't then you spend basically all of 9th and 10th grade years learning the system.

In most good high school programs that is what happens down in the middle school. They have the same system, same terminology.

I don't really know the situation but I am just trying to figure out how he was trying to impose his will on the middle school coach.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Coach Swenson was at the Hickman County High School in Centerville....East is the new high school in the county....we don't have all this drama in Centerville....lol

A wise man once told me in the way of Hickman County as a whole: "There are 94 counties in the state of TN, then there is Hickman County." Both ends of the county have had there share of drama since I can remember, which is a long time. Although there seems to be some fine folk in Hickman County, a lot more good than bad, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that it is a coaches graveyard. Groups of parents on both sides of the county try to "run" things, especially in the schools. My advice to all of Hickman County: Parents, you do the parenting. Let the coaches and teachers do the coaching and teaching. ALL ADMINISTRATERS & SCHOOL BOARD MEMEBRS: have faith in your teachers and coaches and do not let parents influence you into making decisions unless they are warranted. Do not micro manage schools. I would like to add one more thing to ALL parents of Hickman County Schools: Sometimes coaches, administrators and teachers have to make decisions that do not make everyone happy, but they are the decisions that are best for any one group or organization. Deal with it! There is a term for this: "In loco parentis". Means: in the place of parents. EVERY school in the world operates under this Latin term. When you enroll your child into a school, wether public or private, the teachers, coaches and administrators become "parents" to your child for the school day and extracurricular activities. That means children must be disciplined from time to time. If that was not the case, then the schools would be run by the kids or the insane. If my child acts a fool in class, on the field or court, my child's teacher or coach better handle it and make that environment safe for my child and others. If a child is not behaving properly, then they are not motivated to learn, they should be removed from extracurricular activities if need be. Lou Holtz said it best: "Motivation is easy, eliminate those who are not motivated." That is what coaches must do sometimes.

Boy you are so misguided. Coach Harris would not want anything more than to see the kids who he has coached thru Middle School be successful. I know that he would of liked to see the Coach of East High succeed as well. He was happy with his own program and things were fine , But East Coach started taking shots and trying to impose his will on Coach Harris program.... Anybody that has any dignity would stand up to this idiot and draw the line.......... But as for East Coach,after the first year.........everybody had some concerns and questions. Second year some bad things started happening.....and only got worse.Lots of people in East are very unhappy, and I am sure the School has been getting calls since season #1 , but then this guy starts on the Middle School program... Downing it. DUH???? what is he supposed to do? Something had to be done. The Supt. Dr. Nash is involved now so I hear. I am confident he will give this Coach a fair shake, if he gets fired........He deserved it.. Personally i think he will give this man another year to straighten his act up and start being fair to the kids as well as himself, if no improvement. He is gone. Oh and Centerville............. ha. East will beat you this year as bad as they want...........from here on out.

You sure seem to be in the know. Are you in the school system, on the booster club, a player parent, or run the local day care in lyles, work at a bank? A lot of rumors can fly at places like that. You seem to know so much about the situation. I admit, I do not know the situation BUT, I do understand the situation. I do not have a DAWG in this hunt. I agree with 1 new wildcat, the middle school coach should at least be running the same system as the high school, if not the same terminology. Apparantly, the middle school coach is going to try to go to Fairview and coach? If so, is he going to try to get some of his players to cross the county line that is only 7-8 miles away? That would not be right. If I was EHHS coach, I would try to prevent this from happening also. Sometimes words are exchanged and coversations can become heated, but this had seemed to be blown completely out of proportion. From afar, this situations seems VERY similar to the Fairview situation as far as accusations being thrown around, middle school and high school coaches angry with each other, parents getting involved when it should not have gotten to this point. Why does this seem to be so similar and going on at the same exact time? It almost seems that the 2 middle school coaches are buddies and the 2 high school coaches are buddies. Just a thought. Anyone like to comment.......? Good luck to both schools and I hope all turns out good, especially for the programs and kids.

No drama in Centerville...that is a joke..it wasn't so long ago there was a thread on here that was 20 pages long where Centerville was bashing their coach and the athlete director....so don't come on here acting holy! It's nothing to you so stay out of it!

First of all, I was only answering someone's question about Coach Swenson, never did I make any reference to the current situation at East nor will I ever, because I could care less. I was actually joking when i said "no drama in Centerville," if you will notice my "lol," genius. However, since you want to get snippy, I offer the following response: You're exactly right, it is nothing to me, I am out of it, don't want in it, don't want anywhere near the East drama. Furthermore, the thread you are referring to about the bashing of our coach and athletic director (not athlete) was in regards to not letting parents on the field after the football games, and what was so wild about that, was that the majority of the parents that were complaining (all but 1) were parents of the kids that were originally zoned for East...lol..go figure....But anyway, I am not going to make this an East/Centerville issue...so I will let you guys get back to your coach bashing session.

Boy you are so misguided. Coach Harris would not want anything more than to see the kids who he has coached thru Middle School be successful. I know that he would of liked to see the Coach of East High succeed as well. He was happy with his own program and things were fine , But East Coach started taking shots and trying to impose his will on Coach Harris program.... Anybody that has any dignity would stand up to this idiot and draw the line.......... But as for East Coach,after the first year.........everybody had some concerns and questions. Second year some bad things started happening.....and only got worse.Lots of people in East are very unhappy, and I am sure the School has been getting calls since season #1 , but then this guy starts on the Middle School program... Downing it. DUH???? what is he supposed to do? Something had to be done. The Supt. Dr. Nash is involved now so I hear. I am confident he will give this Coach a fair shake, if he gets fired........He deserved it.. Personally i think he will give this man another year to straighten his act up and start being fair to the kids as well as himself, if no improvement. He is gone. Oh and Centerville............. ha. East will beat you this year as bad as they want...........from here on out.

What shots has the high school coach taken at the middle school coach????? How did the high school coach impose his will on the middle school coach???? the devil is in the details........ what were the concerns and questions that you speak of????? What bad things started happening the second year???? what got worse???? how has he downed the middle school program???? I certainly hope that Dr.Nash gives this man a fair shake....... a lot of people in the community sure haven't!

without any details or specifics you basically sound like a whining parent whose son found that football wasn't for him, you won't convert me to believe that this is anything more than a personal vendetta

NO SPECIFIC PROOF=IT JUST ISN'T THE WAY YOU SAY IT IS! ANSWERS ANYONE?

be careful promising victories over centerville with such atrocious coaching and everybody hating the coach the season may just have to be postponed pending the outcome of your investigation

by the way did you ever find out when spring practice is or if there are any scrimmages scheduled? thanks eaglemommydearest!

What shots has the high school coach taken at the middle school coach????? How did the high school coach impose his will on the middle school coach???? the devil is in the details........ what were the concerns and questions that you speak of????? What bad things started happening the second year???? what got worse???? how has he downed the middle school program???? I certainly hope that Dr.Nash gives this man a fair shake....... a lot of people in the community sure haven't!

without any details or specifics you basically sound like a whining parent whose son found that football wasn't for him, you won't convert me to believe that this is anything more than a personal vendetta

NO SPECIFIC PROOF=IT JUST ISN'T THE WAY YOU SAY IT IS! ANSWERS ANYONE?

be careful promising victories over centerville with such atrocious coaching and everybody hating the coach the season may just have to be postponed pending the outcome of your investigation

by the way did you ever find out when spring practice is or if there are any scrimmages scheduled? thanks eaglemommydearest!

The truth will only be seen by those that are worthy..................... Are You worthy?

It seems that the Fairview Middle coach got the Fairview High School position. (which was not really a suprise to anyone) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does the middle school coach run the same offense? Confusing to follow here. How will the players respond to him. They all played for him in their middle school years, so they should be familiar with him and his style.

At least its settled now, should clear up some of the confusion.