East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

This thread has gone from "at your throat" to weird....yet amusing in a monty python sort of way. Maybe it will finally die out, but before it does will someone please.......please tell me when spring practice is and if any scrimmages are in the works. Surely someone can look into their crystal ball and answer this.

How hard can it be?

I demand a shrubbery!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Xando seems to have a certain amount of insight (who is this guy?). And...I know that if a 50 year old woman threatened bodily harm to me in a day care, in front of very young and impressionable children, I would have...well, what would any half-intelligent individual have done? I would have walked away, quietly, which was probably the hardest thing to do.

Mr. Polychronopolous,

I will tell you who Xando is...He is a man of insight and intelligence... He is a man who knows that honesty is what should abide on CoachT threads...He is a man of details...He respects integrity and abhors ignorance...He is Xando!!!! And one more thing Steve, just remember this: All you need to know about the man they called Xando is, it is Xando who is truly "in the know"!

Sincerely,

Morethanxando

EastAdvocate,

Okay, to take a break from all of the prognosticating...in talking to some of the players, I have learned that spring practice is scheduled for early to mid May (I'm not sure of the exact dates). I believe Coach Jones is trying to avoid conflicts with spring sports and, therefore, is having spring practice as late as he can. I believe that there are spring scrimmages scheduled with McEwen and Houston County. I will double check my sources and try to give an update with specific dates, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Steve P.

Thanks for the info........... it only 6 pages fo someone to be decent enough to answer a simple request........

I demand a shrubbery!

If I give you a shrubbery......then you will want another shrubbery.........and still unsatisfied you will ask me to cut down the mightiest of trees with a herring............ Ni! I wonder how many on this board will get this......... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

In all seriousness, it is time to put this one to bed....... between reading this thread and the one about Fairview, the good people must think these two communities have gone completely mad! The two are so inner-twined like some indecent relationship between close kin.

Wait...........is that dueling banjos I hear??????? Say it Aintry so.......... unfortunately I think too many people on this board get this one......... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I bet there is one thing for sure. Matt Jones won't be on that bus. Witnesses say that a fifty something year old lady scared him pale and he ducked his tail and ran. Big ole tough coach that intimidates 15,16,and 17 old boys to quit because they don't want to join the army, put his tail between his legs and ran like a sissy.... Now that is funny. I would have paid admission to have seen that.

well i didn't witness it, but i too have heard about this story. all i can say is that i am glad that my children are safe and sound at a daycare in another county! if the story that i heard was true i admire coach jones for taking the high road and doing what was in his power to spare children and others from witnessing a crazed cursing fifty something daycare administrator who was threatening assault! talk about a big old tough coach intimidating 15,16 and 17 year old boys............

let me ask you something "intheknow00"........ if you had very young children, would you them exposed to her alleged behavior? wonder how she reacts when a kid wets their nap mat?

Man o' Man.......... I just went back and read this little tidbit.......... I don't care what side of this discussion that you are on "intheknow00" you probably shouldn't have posted this little morsel. As a parent, I know that people get pretty darn protective over their children, if this went down like this says and I had a child that would have even remotely been in the vicinity, There would be BIG TIME Problems. There is emotional....and then there is downright unprofessional! Forget football for a moment, 15-17 year olds are old enough to excuse themselves from a situation where they feel intimidated...............but small children in a setting that is supposed to protective, not traumatic don't have that option. Again if I had a child there I think I might want more information about this incident......IN PERSON, not on coacht.

If Coach Jones tucked tail and ran from a situation that was not handled properly in a setting where it shouldn't have happened to begin with, THAN GOOD FOR HIM! I HAVE EVEN MORE RESPECT FOR HIS CHARACTER THAN BEFORE!

BAD CALL........ intheknow00 Maybe you are a kid that heard this from a parent and doesn't know any better, I can only hope that you are not an employee there coming on here and gloating because you felt Coach Jones was shamed by this...............HOW IRRESPONSIBLE OF YOU!

Wow, Xando seems to have a certain amount of insight (who is this guy?). And...I know that if a 50 year old woman threatened bodily harm to me in a day care, in front of very young and impressionable children, I would have...well, what would any half-intelligent individual have done? I would have walked away, quietly, which was probably the hardest thing to do.

Not me........I would have got that old haggard beotch in the COBRACLUTCH and make her scream my name like she did when she was 12 years old on her wedding night in 1937! She would have learned the meaning of the word RESPECT!! I am the Andy Kaufman of PAIN to old women! Pat Head Summitt will look like Beyonce when compared to the look of pain and agony I would inflict upon the one that goes by........"mama"

Kind of quiet on the Hwy 100, Lyles, TN front? I guess with the East Middle School coach and his mother being named assisstant coaches to Hughes at Fairview High School, the commotion at EHHS has died down a bit. That will probably serve both parties well in the long run. What needs to happen now is East Middle School administrators need to let Coach Jones find someone who will be loyal to EHHS (not that the middle school coach was not). But, this is a chance to hand pick someone and get them into the building with the kids and run what EHHS runs.

Kind of quiet on the Hwy 100, Lyles, TN front? I guess with the East Middle School coach and his mother being named assisstant coaches to Hughes at Fairview High School, the commotion at EHHS has died down a bit. That will probably serve both parties well in the long run. What needs to happen now is East Middle School administrators need to let Coach Jones find someone who will be loyal to EHHS (not that the middle school coach was not). But, this is a chance to hand pick someone and get them into the building with the kids and run what EHHS runs.

Oh yes, that is a great idea because the high school program has done such a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if we can get one of Coach Jone's guys in the middle school program everyone can go winless. That will help out the entire football program for East Hickman. Let's run all of the football kids in the ground. We might as well break the middle school kids in right.

Oh yes, that is a great idea because the high school program has done such a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if we can get one of Coach Jone's guys in the middle school program everyone can go winless. That will help out the entire football program for East Hickman. Let's run all of the football kids in the ground. We might as well break the middle school kids in right.

I can see you a loyal contributor to the EHHS program. With loyal guys like you, who needs an actual booster club?

How long has East Hickman been open?

How many years have they played football?

Just curious?

Thanks, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They will be entering their 3rd season of varsity play this fall which makes this thread even more of a joke.

I can see you a loyal contributor to the EHHS program. With loyal guys like you, who needs an actual booster club?

[/

Everyone for the most part welcomed Coach Jones and had high hopes of him being a great coach and developing our team to be a success. Coach Jones brought this upon himself. There is difference in being loyal to a program and being blind to what is going on in the program. Coach Jones has never been a head coach before, maybe he is not head coach material. There is also a time when things just don't work out and changes have to be made for the better. We are not unreasonable people we just want what is best for our kids and our school.