East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

Everyone for the most part welcomed Coach Jones and had high hopes of him being a great coach and developing our team to be a success. Coach Jones brought this upon himself. There is difference in being loyal to a program and being blind to what is going on in the program. Coach Jones has never been a head coach before, maybe he is not head coach material. There is also a time when things just don't work out and changes have to be made for the better. We are not unreasonable people we just want what is best for our kids and our school.

Easthickmanfootball,

I agree with you on the thought that sometimes changes need to be made and both parties move on. I get that part. That happens in life. What I do not understand is this: You have a program that has not completed it's second full year yet. It was thrust into having to play a VARSITY schedule from day 1, instead of a JV schedule like most schools do: ex: Station Camp, Ravenwood, Creek Wood, Stone Memorial, etc. The kids were delt a horrible blow from the beginning. That has nothing to with coaching. You can blame the powers at be of the Hickman County School system. Also, most of the good players in Hickman County chose to stay at Centerville instead of having to be made to go to East Hickman where they are bused or zoned. I'm sure Coach Jones and his staff have eliminated the unmotivated from the program as time goes on (like any good coach would do to better his/her program). For it to work, EVERYONE must be on the same page. If not, the COACH should be able to make the necessary changes to better his/her program. From an outsider, who has no DAWG in this fight, I just see a coach who is trying to do the right things to better his program, but some cry babies on the East side try to get in the way and play judge and jury. I do not recognize any thing unethical going on by the coaching staff. WHat I see is this: All of Hickman County has a history of trying to stick their noses into the athletic programs. Unless there is something unethical going on, stay out of the way. Quit trying to tell coaches how to do their jobs. I said this in an earlier post: "In loco parentis". Means: In place of parents. Understand it or take your kids else where and quit bashing coaches. Good luck Coach Jones and do what you do. Better days are ahead. Stick to your guns, work hard and you will have success, even on HWY 7 in Lyles, TN.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see you a loyal contributor to the EHHS program. With loyal guys like you, who needs an actual booster club?

Everyone for the most part welcomed Coach Jones and had high hopes of him being a great coach and developing our team to be a success. Coach Jones brought this upon himself. There is difference in being loyal to a program and being blind to what is going on in the program. Coach Jones has never been a head coach before, maybe he is not head coach material. There is also a time when things just don't work out and changes have to be made for the better. We are not unreasonable people we just want what is best for our kids and our school.

Easthickmanfootball,

With a name like easthickmanfootball you should have some inside knowledge into the Eagle football program. Many general accusations have been made on this thread with no specific information to back it up. I am going to assume (only because of your name!) you can inform the public of just what is going on in the program that Coach Jones is unaware of. You can also inform the public of what Coach Jones has brought upon himself. Please do tell! Also, because you seem to have a name that reflects your knowledge of Eagle Football, explain just what you would have done to be more successful than Coach Jones (and please do remember it has only been two years since the school has been in existence!!!!). Easthickmanfootball, I'm not a history buff but I do know Rome wasn't built in a day and it wasn't built in two years either!!!

With all that being said, please do tell us of the inside scoop of Eagle Football and just what is going on that makes Coach Jones a horrible coach.

Sincerely,

Morethanxando (remember: know one knows morethanxando!)

Exactly. What are the expectations? Wins? Too early. It looked like there were 2 dozen seniors on the sideline at the coin toss when Harpeth played Hickman County. Some of those would have been on East Hickman's sideline with a closed zone. The administration opted to play varsity from the get go. Well, varsity is what they got. I think the ones that stuck it out will be better for it. The ones that leave because they aren't winning enough ball games or because of a disciplined approach are dead weight. They aren't committed to the program. I truly can't believe this thread is even being dignified with responses. Get behind your program! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If Coach Jones is not given sufficient time with a level playing field to build a foundation for the program, East will have a hard time attracting another decent coach.

Anything new happening in Lyles, TN lately? It seems things have quieted down in the last couple of days. Something tells me the pot is brewing. In Hickman County, something is always getting stirred up. Anyway, hope all is well with the entire EHHS staff. With the EHMS coach going to Fairview, It only SEEMS logical that the system will let Coach Jones bring in someone that will run the same system as EHHS. WE all know that is probably unlikely. LOL! If anyone has details, please share.

This may not have anything to do with the Football program but whatever happened to the baseball coach from last year. Coach Smith I think was his name. Young guy i think. I heard he left due to some parent issues and a lack of support. If that is true I think the running or possible running off of Coach Jones would make them 2 for 2 on getting rid of coaches who dont do what they want and win a championship the first year or 2nd for that matter. If all the things I have been reading are true on this thread. Then what coach in their right mind would wnat to take this or any program over at that school once the current coach is gone. Good Luck!!!

This may not have anything to do with the Football program but whatever happened to the baseball coach from last year. Coach Smith I think was his name. Young guy i think. I heard he left due to some parent issues and a lack of support. If that is true I think the running or possible running off of Coach Jones would make them 2 for 2 on getting rid of coaches who dont do what they want and win a championship the first year or 2nd for that matter. If all the things I have been reading are true on this thread. Then what coach in their right mind would wnat to take this or any program over at that school once the current coach is gone. Good Luck!!!

Coach Smith was not ready to coach high school ball..plain and simple.

Then why was he hired in the first place! Who hired him? If they are hired, then let them coach!

Usually a coach is hired or recommended by the AD to the school board or if the shool does the hiring then the AD does it through the Principal. Either way the AD has to do with that decision. And I agree that if they are hired then let them coach. Parents should be parents and sit in the stands and let the coach do his job how ever good or bad that may be. They have a hard enough job to have some wish-they-were or wannabe coaches up in the bleachers causing issues. I say if you think you can do better then apply for the job other wise shut your mouth and let them do their jobs. And the thing is how do you know if a guy can coach if you dont let him stay more than a year. That is kind of crazy. To let a guy go after one season. That sounds like something was done on a political level and something was put in a school board members ear. Cause they did win 2 games i think and one of those was a district game. The football team did not win anything so they should have been gone after that too. Not trying to defend the guy just trying to make sense of the coaching and/or what ever is the issue out in East Hickman.

Usually a coach is hired or recommended by the AD to the school board or if the shool does the hiring then the AD does it through the Principal. Either way the AD has to do with that decision. And I agree that if they are hired then let them coach. Parents should be parents and sit in the stands and let the coach do his job how ever good or bad that may be. They have a hard enough job to have some wish-they-were or wannabe coaches up in the bleachers causing issues. I say if you think you can do better then apply for the job other wise shut your mouth and let them do their jobs. And the thing is how do you know if a guy can coach if you dont let him stay more than a year. That is kind of crazy. To let a guy go after one season. That sounds like something was done on a political level and something was put in a school board members ear. Cause they did win 2 games i think and one of those was a district game. The football team did not win anything so they should have been gone after that too. Not trying to defend the guy just trying to make sense of the coaching and/or what ever is the issue out in East Hickman.

coach smith was not and will not ever be a coach. he thinks 1 batting practice was all they needed. there were more issues other than coaching he had problems with. dont want to mention anything about all the girl managers he had but that could have something to do with it. this year there are 0 girl managers watch the diffrence this year. comparing 2and 30 in baseball is not better than 1and19 in football.

and coach Jones is doing a good job . no coach could of did any better being in there second year. and yes I am one of the fans that sits in the stands and says why did he run that play. and day or 2 after the game if its still on my mind I will ask coach about that, and he always has his door open . Thanks coach Jones for helping mold are boys into men. some football coaches care more about wins than making people better . evan some dont care about students grades or there behavier . so we should feel lucky to have a coach like this.

coach smith was not and will not ever be a coach. he thinks 1 batting practice was all they needed. there were more issues other than coaching he had problems with. dont want to mention anything about all the girl managers he had but that could have something to do with it. this year there are 0 girl managers watch the diffrence this year. comparing 2and 30 in baseball is not better than 1and19 in football.

and coach Jones is doing a good job . no coach could of did any better being in there second year. and yes I am one of the fans that sits in the stands and says why did he run that play. and day or 2 after the game if its still on my mind I will ask coach about that, and he always has his door open . Thanks coach Jones for helping mold are boys into men. some football coaches care more about wins than making people better . evan some dont care about students grades or there behavier . so we should feel lucky to have a coach like this.

AMEN eagleheart! Finally someone in Hickman County who has some sense when it comes to athletics in Hickman County. I am referring to the football program with this post. If Coach Jones is trying to instill discipline, character, and pride in the young men @ EHHS, good for him. It is WAY more than wins ands losses, especially at a place like EHHS where they ARE NOT going to win for a while. I do not care if Bear Bryant came back from the dead, he would not win @ EHHS right now. Until the fense riders understand reality, they will continue to bash coaches on here. It is OK to dream, but you have to understand reality that it is not going to happen with all the negativity going on there. You would better serve your kids, school, and community keeping your mouth shut and helping the program behind the scenes. You learn a lot more by keeping your mouth shut rather than running your mouth off.

Word out of Fairview today is that Coach Harris has backed out of being the assistant head coach for the Yellowjackets and will return to East Hickman Middle School. What's the deal? Did someone in Eagle country make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

You have got to be kidding me! What could possibly happen next on Hwy 7? There has got to be something big in the works to bring him back to EHMS. You do not leave a high school position with the title he had at Fairview to return to middle school. From what I understand, he and Fairview's new Head Coach are best friends? Why would he leave Fairview? Inquiring minds want to know? Especially since going to Fairview is only 7-8 miles away so the driving distance is not a problem. Maybe Coach Jones asked him to return? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> And the beat goes on in Hickman County............ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />