East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

I agree, I think someday Coach Parsley will make a good head football coach! However it doesn't seem like he would be a good fit at east. He is no nonsense and believes in hard work. Seems like they are looking for a girl scout leader at east. East had a good head coach and they did all they could to push him out. I hope it all works out for the remaining coaches I understand them to be good men and wish them the best. Oh, and Coach P. you just come on back to Cheatham County! We told you not to leave!

I also agree, Coach P is a good man, a good coach, and a good teacher. I think the other coaches are all good men as well and I wish them all luck wherever they may land. I think that the people of East will find out that they have lost, or are about to lose several upstanding men who try to teach and coach to the best of their abilities. I hope that the administration speeds up the hiring process for the new coach. For the sake of the players involved with the program who are preparing for next season, I hope the transition is a smooth one. A little tidbit: I've heard that the present coaches are continuing workouts with the players despite the fact that none of them knows whether or not they will even be there next year. That's got to be tough.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree, Coach P is a good man, a good coach, and a good teacher. I think the other coaches are all good men as well and I wish them all luck wherever they may land. I think that the people of East will find out that they have lost, or are about to lose several upstanding men who try to teach and coach to the best of their abilities. I hope that the administration speeds up the hiring process for the new coach. For the sake of the players involved with the program who are preparing for next season, I hope the transition is a smooth one. A little tidbit: I've heard that the present coaches are continuing workouts with the players despite the fact that none of them knows whether or not they will even be there next year. That's got to be tough.

That is tough! But, it also shows how classy those men are. They could just sit around and do nothing and let the kids take a football to the field and play 20 on 20 touch football. They are doing it the right way and keeping them in the weightroom and preparing them for the next staff that will be there for about 2 years also. If the fine folk of East Hickman don't realize what they have just done to these kids and these coaches, then they are oblivious to what it takes to run a program. Nice job East! Good luck to all the East Football Coaches. You have shown your true colors which are shining bright!! You have just gained a ton respect from the coaching fraternity in TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is tough! But, it also shows how classy those men are. They could just sit around and do nothing and let the kids take a football to the field and play 20 on 20 touch football. They are doing it the right way and keeping them in the weightroom and preparing them for the next staff that will be there for about 2 years also. If the fine folk of East Hickman don't realize what they have just done to these kids and these coaches, then they are oblivious to what it takes to run a program. Nice job East! Good luck to all the East Football Coaches. You have shown your true colors which are shining bright!! You have just gained a ton respect from the coaching fraternity in TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is good to see that everyone hasn't forgotten about the players What a mess this appears to be. Does anyone know if the old coach had games for spring? If so who do they play and when. I really hope that everyone hasn't forgotten. EHHS was on the road to starting to see progress, and then this mess happens. I hate for the players. These seniors deserve better. Maybe the powers to be will realize what really is important and find a common ground to agree to disagree, and just let the players play the game. The adults have played there game and it has turned in to a mess. It's the players that deserve much better than this. I can't imagine the emotions these kids have gone through the past few months.

Good Luck to the players. Focus .......there are still games for you to play no matter what the outcome. Its still your time seniors!

Wow!!! I thought we had a lot of drama in Perry County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know anything about this situation other than what I have read on this thread, but I do think the parents at East need to realize that football IS HARD!!! Being a successful team takes HARD WORK. It seems like they are kind of contradicting themselves. They thought the coach was too hard on the boys, but they were also mad because he didn't win any games?!!! I feel sorry for whoever takes over as the new head coach. This has been entertaining, though, thanks! There was nothing good on tv! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

The wise sages from the hickman county board of education have released seven names to the local scribes at the hickman county times.

entering the east hickman coliseum for your entertainment I submit to you:

1. Franklin King - asst. coach dyer county high school

2. Robert Baskin - asst. coach mcgavock high school

3. Kevin Komisar - asst. coach hillsboro high school

4. Joel Shrenk - head coach northwest high school

5. Tommy Rewis- head coach heritage high school

6. Robert Phillips- asst. coach east hickman high school

7. Gary Harris- briefly asst. coach fairview high school, head coach east hickman middle school

let the inquisiton begin.................... in accordance with the prophecy!

The wise sages from the hickman county board of education have released seven names to the local scribes at the hickman county times.

1. Franklin King - asst. coach dyer county high school (was in the final 3 or 4 last time)

4. Joel Shrenk - head coach northwest high school (is probably hoping someone will throw him a life preserver)

7. Gary Harris- briefly asst. coach fairview high school, head coach east hickman middle school (lol)

Looks like about the right order.

Wow!!! I thought we had a lot of drama in Perry County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know anything about this situation other than what I have read on this thread, but I do think the parents at East need to realize that football IS HARD!!! Being a successful team takes HARD WORK. It seems like they are kind of contradicting themselves. They thought the coach was too hard on the boys, but they were also mad because he didn't win any games?!!! I feel sorry for whoever takes over as the new head coach. This has been entertaining, though, thanks! There was nothing good on tv! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

is your coach up for the East opening... isnt he from there?

1. Franklin King - asst. coach dyer county high school

4. Joel Shrenk - head coach northwest high school

7. Gary Harris- briefly asst. coach fairview high school, head coach east hickman middle school

Dyer County has been pretty good for a few years now, I don't know why King would leave to go to East????? Even though Schrenk and NW have struggled, he has a better chance to win in Clarksville than he would at East!!! Tommy Rewis make a lot of sense: He has resigned at Heritage High School in Blount County and he was the former HC at Fairview. He started Fairview's recent run of success. I guess he wants to get back to Middle TN. But East?? Phillips could be logical since he is in the building. I am sure they will take a long, hard look at Harris' mother, excuse me, Harris himself since he is already at the Feeder school of East, Fairview, and Nashville Christian. Should be interesting. The community of East is going to have to accept the fact that they will NEVER be successful unless they leave a coach alone and let him do his/her job. Good Luck to all unfortunate souls (applicants). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dyer County has been pretty good for a few years now, I don't know why King would leave to go to East????? Even though Schrenk and NW have struggled, he has a better chance to win in Clarksville than he would at East!!! Tommy Rewis make a lot of sense: He has resigned at Heritage High School in Blount County and he was the former HC at Fairview. He started Fairview's recent run of success. I guess he wants to get back to Middle TN. But East?? Phillips could be logical since he is in the building. I am sure they will take a long, hard look at Harris' mother, excuse me, Harris himself since he is already at the Feeder school of East, Fairview, and Nashville Christian. Should be interesting. The community of East is going to have to accept the fact that they will NEVER be successful unless they leave a coach alone and let him do his/her job. Good Luck to all unfortunate souls (applicants). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Still bothering you huh coach?

Still bothering you huh coach?

Nah. Just curious as to what is going to happen in Hickman County. I want someone to go in there and be given a chance to succeed. It takes TIME and for some reason in Hickman County, coaches are not given TIME to build a strong foundation, for whatever reason. Good luck to all applicants and to the school system as a whole.

Nah. Just curious as to what is going to happen in Hickman County. I want someone to go in there and be given a chance to succeed. It takes TIME and for some reason in Hickman County, coaches are not given TIME to build a strong foundation, for whatever reason. Good luck to all applicants and to the school system as a whole.

I don't feel its that way on the west side of the county. We've got our stuff rolling and our coaches have been well taken care of by the administration. New practice field, new field house I hear, new reel mower, pay raises and hugs all around. We may have a problem occasionally, all places do...but generally we find a way to get a win win out of it. I believe we are much more of a peaceful people.

is your coach up for the East opening... isnt he from there?

He is from Hickman County. Don't have any idea if he is trying to get job there, I haven't asked him.

This will be my last season, so I just want PC to have a decent season without the drama! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />