Franklin @ Brentwood

bricedrew

My guess for the tie breaker would be the other loss, who it was to. IHS was to Hillsboro by 1. Did CHS beat both FHS & BHS? Maybe who ever finishes in the next spot behind the those tied at the top has a say in how it's played out. BUT their are still two 11-3A games to be played so all this could (and probably will) change by next Friday.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that the ball game at Brentwood was entertaining. Brentwood did what they wanted to offensively most of the game. Hood was money all night and nailed some huge daggers from three land. Franklin did make some runs and Haddix had a very solid game. Good battle with Tiechman and Haddix in the paint. Haddix had a couple solid dunks as well. Bottom line is Franklin can't fall behind 14-15 points and expect to claw their way all the way back. Both times that has been the case. Maybe a rematch in the tourney but the last 2 games are important for FHS, Indy, and Bwood. Tie breaker is common opponents in the district.

I will say that the ball game at Brentwood was entertaining. Brentwood did what they wanted to offensively most of the game. Hood was money all night and nailed some huge daggers from three land. Franklin did make some runs and Haddix had a very solid game. Good battle with Tiechman and Haddix in the paint. Haddix had a couple solid dunks as well. Bottom line is Franklin can't fall behind 14-15 points and expect to claw their way all the way back. Both times that has been the case. Maybe a rematch in the tourney but the last 2 games are important for FHS, Indy, and Bwood. Tie breaker is common opponents in the district.

Both Franklin / Brentwood games were entertaining, hard fought, and pretty well-officiated. For my money, Brentwood and Franklin are the two best teams in the district, with Independence being somewhat fortunate to be where they are. Brentwood beats Franklin twice, but has enough respect for Franklin to not especially want to play a third time. A third game vs. Independence is another story. Independence plays hard, and Carden is for real, but a bounce here, a call there, and they could easily have 5 district losses. Can't wait for the tourney to see how it all shakes out.

Tie Breaker? Isn't it still a tie with the three top teams all having lost 1 time to 1 other team. Who is in first right now via the tie breaker? Can someone clarify?

Franklin overated big time such big hopes this year iwait they lost to bhs cause haddix had bad belly ,young was suffering from ingrown toenail-well all pundits has indy last this year and where are they now

I wouldn't quite say Franklin is overrated, however I would say they aren't performing up to expectations this year though.

Both Franklin / Brentwood games were entertaining, hard fought, and pretty well-officiated. For my money, Brentwood and Franklin are the two best teams in the district, with Independence being somewhat fortunate to be where they are. Brentwood beats Franklin twice, but has enough respect for Franklin to not especially want to play a third time. A third game vs. Independence is another story. Independence plays hard, and Carden is for real, but a bounce here, a call there, and they could easily have 5 district losses. Can't wait for the tourney to see how it all shakes out.

Tie Breaker? Isn't it still a tie with the three top teams all having lost 1 time to 1 other team. Who is in first right now via the tie breaker? Can someone clarify?

The same thing could be said about Brentwood.

Tie breaker this is what they do for a three way tie here in Florida..a shootout...

1.Get the three coaches together ,coin flip to see whom gets the bye(for argument sake we will say Indy)

2.Game at Indy(since they won the coin toss)

3.FHS plays BHS one qtr only ,yep for just one Qtr -winner plays Indy

4.winner vs.Indy one quarter to decide region crown

That settles 1 2 3rd place..

They did same thing for football three way tie and played a quarter as well-to say the least it was so very exciting...

Tie breaker this is what they do for a three way tie here in Florida..a shootout...

1.Get the three coaches together ,coin flip to see whom gets the bye(for argument sake we will say Indy)

They did same thing for football three way tie and played a quarter as well-to say the least it was so very exciting...

That is the dumbest idea that I have ever heard of. Reading that post just lowered my IQ considerably.

shut up sarahpalin. you're an idiot. stop posting

I could be wrong, but the tie breaker works like this in a two way or multiple team tie breaker.

1. Best record among the teams that are tied

2. Best record against the highest ranked team. So you would go to the 4th place team and see which team had the best record. If they all had the same record, you go to 5th and so on.

3. Coin flip.

I may be wrong about #2, but I don't think so.

That is the dumbest idea that I have ever heard of. Reading that post just lowered my IQ considerably.

Well lil girl if that is such a bad idea why does the state of florida have that in place and does that,in fact so does California to settle three way ties.-, --in texas its a coin toss (look at jim harrick post above with rthe tiebreakers if it went to #3 a coin toss,would ya rather have a coin flip or play a qtr-i have seen watched the florida tiebreaker and I can tell you it was awesome baby.go play baseball with your mom

Ohhhh big boy calling names like that well little girl if ur mommy let's u out of the house show some manhhod and call me a idiot up close and personal u lil girl-hahahahah I will win and I love when I get under ur skin and u reply back to me so reply agaim I'm waiting idiot or teetsoan

I see your grammar has yet to impove!

Ohhhh big boy calling names like that well little girl if ur mommy let's u out of the house show some manhhod and call me a idiot up close and personal u lil girl-hahahahah I will win and I love when I get under ur skin and u reply back to me so reply agaim I'm waiting idiot or teetsoan

What is a teetsoan????