District 4 Region 2

basketball101

I'm loving this. I would assume no feelings are hurt in Wartburg. Olboy, you talk about how someone else is bad mouthing a team, when you are taking direct shots at an individual? Philip may not be the best player in the region or the district but taking shots at him is unnessecary. And last time I checked Coalfield doens't have anyone that throws in the 80's. And to underdawg, if you've been around baseball twenty years you could honestly say Daugherty is one of the best to come through Morgan County. Maybe not a Conlon or Howard, but he is definetly a stud of his time. And Last time I Watched Wartburg play which was tuesday, and monday Daugherty didn't play first base. He very rarely ever plays first base. And when it's the bottom of the seventh I want Daugherty. Just like the district tournament last year.

Big players deliver in Big Situations, and I hope people continue to bash the kid on here. Your just throwing gas on the fire. And I'm sure the Wartburg fans would like nothing else than every kid on there team to play with a chip on their shoulder, especially Daugherty.

Daurghty is a good ball player...best in the district? idk u got 4 players around the same area. and Coalfield has 2 pitchers that throw in the 80's johnston 82-85 and key 80-82(if im not mistaken). and not taking anything away from him but best to come through Morgan County? and i dont understand why everyone is on here talkin about individual players when individual players do not win baseball games. Can Daurghty win the district for wartburg? can langley win the district for wartburg. can key win the district for Coalfield. Can Newberry win the district for Coalfield.....no, no, no, and no. a individual can not win a baseball game a team wins a baseball game. so why dont everyone stop talkin about individuals and start talkin about a team as a whole. And already talkin about district champs? u can not pik a all out district champ this early in the season....yes wartburg and coalfield are the main picks, but picking between them 2 this early in the season is like drawing names out of a hat. You can't pick a district champ this early in the season. Arms are not in full shape like they will be in 2 weeks, bats are not in synch like they will be in 2 weeks. ITS TOO EARLY!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this. I would assume no feelings are hurt in Wartburg. Olboy, you talk about how someone else is bad mouthing a team, when you are taking direct shots at an individual? Philip may not be the best player in the region or the district but taking shots at him is unnessecary. And last time I checked Coalfield doens't have anyone that throws in the 80's. And to underdawg, if you've been around baseball twenty years you could honestly say Daugherty is one of the best to come through Morgan County. Maybe not a Conlon or Howard, but he is definetly a stud of his time. And Last time I Watched Wartburg play which was tuesday, and monday Daugherty didn't play first base. He very rarely ever plays first base. And when it's the bottom of the seventh I want Daugherty. Just like the district tournament last year.

Big players deliver in Big Situations, and I hope people continue to bash the kid on here. Your just throwing gas on the fire. And I'm sure the Wartburg fans would like nothing else than every kid on there team to play with a chip on their shoulder, especially Daugherty.

yes coalfield has someone that throws just as hard if not harder than dougherty in matt johnston.. i on i have clocked both of them my self and had scouts with me at the time!! and yes dougherty is a stud in the region but he is not the best player to come outta morgan county of his time.. have you forgot about the alley boy from coalfield..and the key boy from coalfield?? yes i don't think they are that much better than phillip but they are very evenly matched up... but hey who knows wat can happen this year.. looks wide open to me.. should be a good one!!

I agree with you on Alley. The kid was a stud. But he didn't pitch. But he was a very good player. The other Key boy was ok, not that great. And Your right Philip is lucky to hit 80. But Johnston does not throw 85. If he threw 85 he would not have left Oak Ridge. But Daugherty doesn't throw 85 either.

I'm gonna try to dig up some stats, and I'll give them to you whenever I'm able to find them.

has anyone heard anything on skidmore hows he lookin this year

he is doin well.. he is throwing hard and locating well. very surprised he is looking this good this early!! if he stays like he is and does not fall back any then the rockwood tigers will be a force with him on the mound.. just hope there defence can make the plays behind him.. that was there problem last season.. he will be a force and will be extremely hard for any region team to beat this kid.. he is a competitor..

just because wartburg had 5 or 6 errors dosent make harriman great anyone can win on errors take those errors away and its prob only 4 or 5 run game and they could possibly come back... I think daughtery is a good player top 5 in the region wartburg plays rockwood tonight in a double header could see these teams play again down the road when it comes region time

coalfield played oneida at oneida and won 8-5...if oneida's outfield could have caught a ball i would say the game would have ended with oneida winning 5-4 or somewhere around there. They play again at coalfield tonight

Well, as i recall Oneida did catch the ball. No batter for Coalfield struckout and Coalfield reached base on 4 errors and those were mostly in the infield. I know for sure that there was at least 12 flyballs caught. But, Coalfield gets the W, and should be a good game tonight. Best of luck to both teams.