CONGRATS TO WAYNE COUNTY & COACH DAVID BYRD

ptguard

After losing four starters from last year's state tournament team, the Wayne County High School Lady Cats (23-4)clinched the regular season District 12A crown tonight. Also with the win, Coach David Byrd earned the 600th victory of his 23-year coaching career at WCHS. He has had 12 teams go to the state tourney with 4 Elite Eights (1989, 1992, 1998, 1999), 4 Final Fours (1991, 1994, 1995, 2008), 3 Runners-Up (1988, 1990, 2000), and 1 State Championship (2001). The Lady Cats also have 13 region championships under Byrd, with seven of them in a row from 1989-1995. Congrats Lady Cats and Coach Byrd, but don't stop now! Work hard and get ready for tourney time!

After losing four starters from last year's state tournament team, the Wayne County High School Lady Cats (23-4)clinched the regular season District 12A crown tonight. Also with the win, Coach David Byrd earned the 600th victory of his 23-year coaching career at WCHS. He has had 12 teams go to the state tourney with 4 Elite Eights (1989, 1992, 1998, 1999), 4 Final Fours (1991, 1994, 1995, 2008), 3 Runners-Up (1988, 1990, 2000), and 1 State Championship (2001). The Lady Cats also have 13 region championships under Byrd, with seven of them in a row from 1989-1995. Congrats Lady Cats and Coach Byrd, but don't stop now! Work hard and get ready for tourney time!

WOW... Coach Byrd is my hero... He is a great coach and a better man.... Hey pointguard ,,, HOW many of those 600 wins was from your teams????? Tell Byrd i am only 575 wins away from him. He better watch out.. ha ha

WOW... Coach Byrd is my hero... He is a great coach and a better man.... Hey pointguard ,,, HOW many of those 600 wins was from your teams????? Tell Byrd i am only 575 wins away from him. He better watch out.. ha ha

you'll catch him b4 you know it reno...i'm guesstimating 106 wins from 89-92...how're ur tourney chances lookin?? hope to c u in a few weeks and catch up (mini-van stories and the like...hehe)

you'll catch him b4 you know it reno...i'm guesstimating 106 wins from 89-92...how're ur tourney chances lookin?? hope to c u in a few weeks and catch up (mini-van stories and the like...hehe)

Ptguard,

Finished the reg season 3rd.... We are good enough to beat anyone but bad enough to lose to anyone... If we shoot the ball decent i like our chances to go pretty far because we usually can D anyone up... I will see you either at region , sub state or state or all the above.