seniors in 8AAA

sftbll13

I seen Coffee Counties lights on the other night, and stopped to watch them practice. I talked to one of the dads and he said they have been looking good. They looked good throwing and running, didn??™t get to see them hit because they went inside. I look for Coffee to do well this year, should make a run at the Spring Fling, And put a few girls in college. Good luck to all.

I believe the word you were looking for was conditioning not practicing. The T$$AA would not like for you to be using that word last week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

practice uh thenwent inside to take batting practice .sound's like a violation to me but i guess someareas can do those things

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma only has two. One signed to play to motlow. Tullahoma will struggle this year, but will get better when the 8th graders move up. Their middle school pitcher is strong, and they have a good catcher. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I seen Coffee Counties lights on the other night, and stopped to watch them practice. I talked to one of the dads and he said they have been looking good. They looked good throwing and running, didn??™t get to see them hit because they went inside. I look for Coffee to do well this year, should make a run at the Spring Fling, And put a few girls in college. Good luck to all.

I believe the word you were looking for was conditioning not practicing. The T$$AA would not like for you to be using that word last week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You are correct MrNo.....conditioning...not practice. As they should the coaches do all that TSSAA allows but do not violate the rules. I catch myself transposing the words sometimes as well out of habit. It is an easy mistake to make.

Practice began at 12:04 AM this morning and finished up at 1:30 AM in our Midnight madness. At least it was a lot warmer this year than it was last year.

Good luck to all the teams across the state and we hope they all stay injury free and play up the best of all the girls potentials. My great hope is that we all come to understand that while we may compete against Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Coffee County, Riverdale, etc., etc., our real competition for any girl that wants to play after high school is, for example, California. Take one look at the rosters of these bigger state schools that we all support with our tax dollars and look at how many out of state kids are on those rosters that we are sending to school. I understand why they do it, and I don't blame them for getting the best players they can get but our job as parents and coaches is to do what we can to get these kids ready to compete for those scolarships.

This may sound crazy but I personally hope (and expect) we will get our butts beat in some of these district games. If we do that means the district is stronger, and kids at these other schools have been working. That is a good thing for everyone. Maybe we get so good coaches from other states are coming here to recruit....hey it could happen.

Good luck to everyone and be safe.

You are correct MrNo.....conditioning...not practice.

Yep today is the first day and it could not be any better outside! I hope to watch a couple of teams today if I can get my ole Lincoln running. It has been parked beside my other cars and trucks in the "park" and some of them run and some don't. That is one good thing about living in a "Trailer Complex" is that we all have several cars and trucks that used to run but we are going to keep them until they become antique! Shucks I may even get "Birdie" to come if she can get all of her chores done! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what about shelbyville and lincoln and franklin co

does all have their pitchers and catchers back this year?

I've not kept up with high school softball much, but hopefully I'll have a daughter on the L.C. Falcon team next year. Lincoln County did not have any seniors last year, according to our local paper. We have 2 seniors this year and 1 junior. Everyone is back healthy, but Caulyn Pressnell has a broken thumb and could miss 4 weeks. Have some more good freshmen coming up that should be a big help. My daughter has played with them from 8u and on. Tanner Sanders-P and Jordan Griner- C have been picther and catcher on a couple of world series championship teams with the comets. Them along with a couple of more on the falcon team, and my daughter and a couple of other 8th graders won the 2003 8u world series championship as the Lincoln County Crushers. A prediction was made by a man back in 2003, after the world series win, that when the crushers got in highschool they would win the state championship. All of the players from that team, that are still playing, will be on the falcon team next year and will have 3 years to see if that prediction comes to be.

I've not kept up with high school softball much, but hopefully I'll have a daughter on the L.C. Falcon team next year. Lincoln County did not have any seniors last year, according to our local paper. We have 2 seniors this year and 1 junior. Everyone is back healthy, but Caulyn Pressnell has a broken thumb and could miss 4 weeks. Have some more good freshmen coming up that should be a big help. My daughter has played with them from 8u and on. Tanner Sanders-P and Jordan Griner- C have been picther and catcher on a couple of world series championship teams with the comets. Them along with a couple of more on the falcon team, and my daughter and a couple of other 8th graders won the 2003 8u world series championship as the Lincoln County Crushers. A prediction was made by a man back in 2003, after the world series win, that when the crushers got in highschool they would win the state championship. All of the players from that team, that are still playing, will be on the falcon team next year and will have 3 years to see if that prediction comes to be.

I remember the 2003 Crushers. They played in a tournament I hosted. They were one of the best 8 & under teams I've seen and I've seen a bunch of them. I said the same thing in 2003 about them winning the state.

Hope your right ! I don't think the high school coach has what it takes to get them into the state........

No doubt Coffee County will be tough. Lincoln County middle school played their middle school them year before last. In the first game they beat us bad down here 8-0, which was our only regular season game loss. Of course we got beat in the championship game of 2 tournaments we were in. Then in I think it was the last game of the season, we managed to beat them by 1 run, like 2-1 or 3-2, something like that. Their 8th graders that year, I guess sophomores this year, were very talented and I'm sure have only improved.

No doubt Coffee County will be tough. Lincoln County middle school played their middle school them year before last. In the first game they beat us bad down here 8-0, which was our only regular season game loss. Of course we got beat in the championship game of 2 tournaments we were in. Then in I think it was the last game of the season, we managed to beat them by 1 run, like 2-1 or 3-2, something like that. Their 8th graders that year, I guess sophomores this year, were very talented and I'm sure have only improved.

You are correct about that group of young ladies. They have the ability to beat anyone on any given day, however, from what I understand most of those girls are not playing. Would be interested to know why?

Wasn't this THREAD titled "Seniors in 8AAA?"