Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

I know this does not concern the Tri-County 7, but I would like to congratulate the Hampton Lady Bulldogs middle school team on winning the Sectional Championship today in Sevierville. I don't know who they played or the score, but I just heard it called in on the radio. With the Jr. High Lady Dogs winning the Sectional Championship this year and finishing Sectional Runner-Up last year, it looks like Coach Tolley has some talent headed his way...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland pretty much dominated Hampton last night. I think the Lady Landers are realizing their careers are almost over and have turned it up a couple of notches. If they will come to play, Cloudland will win both tournaments. I am starting to feel like they are still the best team in this region. I just wonder how everyone will be seeded in the tournaments?

Dominated ? What game were you watching ? Keep thinking that way. The only reason the Lady Landers won last night was because they got a lot of offensive rebounds and Hampton missed a lot of easy shots. Ask them if they are looking forward to playing the Lady Dogs again ?

I know this does not concern the Tri-County 7, but I would like to congratulate the Hampton Lady Bulldogs middle school team on winning the State Championship today in Sevierville. I don't know who they played or the score, but I just heard it called in on the radio. With the Jr. High Lady Dogs winning the State Championship this year and finishing State Runner-Up last year, it looks like Coach Tolley has some talent headed his way...

I agree there is quite a bit of talent heading to the High School but this was the Sectional Championship not the State Championship. Still quite an accomplishment. Good Job Ladies.

Winning the boards is an example of domination there buddy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And Cloudland will be more than happy to meet the dogs again and put them out of the tournament. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree there is quite a bit of talent heading to the High School but this was the Sectional Championship not the State Championship. Still quite an accomplishment. Good Job Ladies.

umm, when they announced the score last night at Cloudland, they said it was the state semi-finals and they would be playing for the state championship today. and when the girl called into the radio station, she was creaming "we are state champions."

If you will check the middle school girls basketball board you will see that it is the small school SECTIONIAL tournament at Sevierville. dog4life is correct on this one.

haha well heck, these announcers and little girls calling into the radio station need to get their facts straight...

when will they have the state tournament?

There is no state championship in middle school. There are three sectionals (East, Middle,West) with a small and large school division in each sectional. It is a good accomplishment and it is as far as a middle school team can go. Hampton had a good middle school team this year and I am sure Coach Tolley will enjoy the talent. Science Hill, Unicoi Co. and T.A. Dugger played in the large school division. There were a lot of good middle school teams in Upper East Tennessee this year.

They don't have one for Middle Schools. I know that you go into some schools and see STATE CHAMPIONS signs on their walls but those were just invitational tournaments held in Middle Tenn. Still, it is an honor to be Sectional Champs.

oh ok. i was wondering because I have had 3 or 4 people tell me that they were state runner-ups last year...

Winning the boards is an example of domination there buddy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And Cloudland will be more than happy to meet the dogs again and put them out of the tournament. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well ZaZa 90 you all spanked us again tonight . Ireally don,t think your girls played up to there ability either . If they had it would have been real ugly.. Unicoi County Lady Devils did not play like themselves tonight not one but,all . very disapponting for the devils den. congratulations. but, just to inform you there were alot more spit cups left on cloudlands side than ours .............

Hey Professor17, who was the left handed point guard for EHS that slung that 3 in at the buzzer in the 02 District Championship game against Hampton to send it into overtime?

Krich, I need for you to confirm what your football nickname was in "your" day as a standout running back for the Rangers way back then.

DevilDad: I need for you to continue to practice posting without YELLING. I know you can do it. Your last post proves you know how to disable the "caps lock" button.

LadyRebelFan: If anyone has reason to strut their stuff on here its you guys. Your fans actually know what it feels like to win a state championship. Or two; or three. or four. Only team from these parts in girls BB that can say that once, much less twice or..........

Keep posting. This is the last year for awhile that you guys and Unicoi and EHS will be doing battle in the conference.

As much as we clone fans have raised cane about your gym, the officials, and alot of other things, I must say its the best away venue to play in; especially if you can get outta there with a win (which EHS has done at least once).

Lady Dog and Lander fans: I still say you all end up in substate games. Leon has molded this Dog team in his image, and if they can stay half way healthy, they are a lock for a substate berth.

The Lady Lander seniors have been groomed for this moment, and I think they get the other sectional berth with North Greene the odd team out.

Lady Rangers could play spoiler.

Good luck to all Seven Team, but especially GO CYCLONES.

I LIKE BIG LETTERS SORRY , YOU GET MORE ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ZaZa 90 you all spanked us again tonight . Ireally don,t think your girls played up to there ability either . If they had it would have been real ugly.. Unicoi County Lady Devils did not play like themselves tonight not one but,all . very disapponting for the devils den. congratulations. but, just to inform you there were alot more spit cups left on cloudlands side than ours .............

I like a little Levi Garrett myself!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've obviously missed a lot of dialogue, and we'll get it all covered in the next few hours/days.

Meanwhile, we'll delay this week's thread until after tomorrow night's end to the regular-season.

Fair enough?

I was ready to crown the Lady Cyclones undisputed Champs, until the somewhat surprising, and to

Elizabethton fans, disappointing performance against Happy Valley... followed by Cloudland's Saturday

night win in Erwin; and this, only days after the Lady Blue Devils defeated the Lady Rebels... at South

Greene! An interesting set of developments, to say the least, and could certainly influence the regular

season-ending standings.

And then, we'll have our first post-regular-season poll next weekend after the completion of District

Tournament action.

Personal/Local: We expect to have one, and probably two, new, local-area WebSites. The first should

be up and runnig within the next couple days.

Soon afterward, an interactive Site hosted by Tim Chambers, should be online by early Spring; perhaps

sooner.