The two best teams in TN Div I regardless of outcome of State Duals?

digi

digi,

You do of course realize that dual meets often come down to match-ups. Yes, Independence beat Soddy Daisy based on the way those two teams matched up. Based on the way Independence and Clarksville matched up Clarksville won. If the transitive property were true in wrestling that would mean that Clarksville would beat Soddy Daisy, however the transitive property does not hold because of different match-ups. Soddy Daisy beat Clarksville because they matched up with them differently.

You can not change that fact that Independence was not good enough to beat Clarksville in the state duals. Unlike Independence, Clarksville was able to rebound from a very close loss (score-wise, yes Cleveland forfeited the last two weights, sound familiar) to Cleveland and work their way through the consolation bracket. Independence was not able to do the same. I am sure they will take that and learn from it as a team. You do them no favors by coming on here and continuing this arguement.

Had Independence wrestled back to win 3rd and defeated Soddy Daisy again then they could make the claim about who is truly second. However, they did not and you need to stop harping on it. I have been to many national level tournaments where they wrestle for true second, however in order to earn that right you have to finish 3rd... Independence did not.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

digi,

You do of course realize that dual meets often come down to match-ups. Yes, Independence beat Soddy Daisy based on the way those two teams matched up. Based on the way Independence and Clarksville matched up Clarksville won. If the transitive property were true in wrestling that would mean that Clarksville would beat Soddy Daisy, however the transitive property does not hold because of different match-ups. Soddy Daisy beat Clarksville because they matched up with them differently.

You can not change that fact that Independence was not good enough to beat Clarksville in the state duals. Unlike Independence, Clarksville was able to rebound from a very close loss (score-wise, yes Cleveland forfeited the last two weights, sound familiar) to Cleveland and work their way through the consolation bracket. Independence was not able to do the same. I am sure they will take that and learn from it as a team. You do them no favors by coming on here and continuing this arguement.

Had Independence wrestled back to win 3rd and defeated Soddy Daisy again then they could make the claim about who is truly second. However, they did not and you need to stop harping on it. I have been to many national level tournaments where they wrestle for true second, however in order to earn that right you have to finish 3rd... Independence did not.

G-man,,,,,,good post.

I think that Indy should have had better bracket placement (lower) but that all in all they did an exellent job whether its 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or tied or 5th.

There are 135 other teams that would like that kind of ranking and the respect that Indy has been given this year.

Except for a couple of hic-cups at state they did an outstanding job!!

Clarksville, Soddy, Cleveland, and Indy are all pretty solid even teams and it just comes down to match-ups on different days. win or lose by 1 or 2 or 3, makes for pretty even exciting matches. Teams like Blackman and Walker Valley were nipping at these teams toes and upstarks like Mount Juliet were challenging and making a case for next year to watch out!!

diji and Jumbo3, lets move on and prepare for some great state!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Thank You tnko....Congrats on beating me in the contest......Although my top 10 finish for someone that knows very little about wrestling other than reading opinions on coacht....not bad if I say so myself.

And yes Indy beat SD...But Coach Henry made sure his boys didn't have a let down after the Indy match. I give credit to SD for bouncing back after the Indy loss.... Make no mistake Indy is D@## good.

Great discussions (until the middle schooler chimed in). In my humble opinion, many of the Indy fans carry the same whiny attitude as their head coach. wah wah wah.

Let the results speak for themselves and move on.

I would like to say as many sitting in the crowded area, stepping over gym bags, coolers, and other fans... MOVE THE TOURNAMENT. There are plenty of locations that are more central and larger to facilitate this tourny. SOMEBODY STOP doing the same thing just because it was done that way before. MAKE A CHANGE.

Whoever is in charge, you can do it, believe in yourself.

Thank You tnko....Congrats on beating me in the contest......Although my top 10 finish for someone that knows very little about wrestling other than reading opinions on coacht....not bad if I say so myself.

And yes Indy beat SD...But Coach Henry made sure his boys didn't have a let down after the Indy match. I give credit to SD for bouncing back after the Indy loss.... Make no mistake Indy is D@## good.

I moved on when Tex answered my Question!

Great discussions (until the middle schooler chimed in). In my humble opinion, many of the Indy fans carry the same whiny attitude as their head coach. wah wah wah.

Let the results speak for themselves and move on.

I would like to say as many sitting in the crowded area, stepping over gym bags, coolers, and other fans... MOVE THE TOURNAMENT. There are plenty of locations that are more central and larger to facilitate this tourny. SOMEBODY STOP doing the same thing just because it was done that way before. MAKE A CHANGE.

Whoever is in charge, you can do it, believe in yourself.

HEY HEY HEY I AM NOT A MIDDLE SCHOOLER i am just here to state the facts and the truth About how crappy your teams are and how AMAZING my teams are and what do u mean whiny attitude? i have never seen their coach whine .

Not anger noones--(if you knew me you would know this is not anger)

Just a realist stating facts and I'm old school too(not a young buck you old farts with your thousands of posts can push around--hehe /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )--by the way, you like me, have lived long enough on this earth to know that change comes when we pipe up and speak out. And you have to admit that there is much room to grow with wrestling in TN.

Hey digi since your so into facts... get this, Indy did not place... How do you not place and consider yourself second??? Shoulda,Coulda,Woulda but like they always say, you play with the cards your dealt and make the best of it... Everyone that placed earned it, no matter the draw!

Hey digi since your so into facts... get this, Indy did not place... How do you not place and consider yourself second??? Shoulda,Coulda,Woulda but like they always say, you play with the cards your dealt and make the best of it... Everyone that placed earned it, no matter the draw!

Maybe because the bracket was wrong. had they got put where they should have they without a doubt would have beaten cleveland and made it to the finals thus making them SECOND!!! HAHA U JUST GOT SERVED. U WANT SOME ICE FOR THAT BURN LOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSEEEEERRRRRR