The two best teams in TN Div I regardless of outcome of State Duals?

digi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what you are saying is since INDY Lost to Clarksville they are not as good as Clarksville(FACT). And Since Clarksville Lost to Soddy they are not as good as Soddy(FACT). I guess you would also beleive the Titans should be Super Bowl Champions since they beat the Steelers durnig the season. The fact remains the Titans are not Super Bowl Champions. That is the beautiful thing about tournaments. You had better bring your A game every match or you will quicky find yourself at the house eating oatmeal with your 5th palce plaque.

Hey getusum. What do you think of the stimulus package?

Hey getusum. What do you think of the stimulus package?

I beleive it will be about as good as the last one. There is a lot of wasteful spending and the tax credits to the avg joe will be used to help them keep thier electricity and heat on for one more month or so and maybe keep thier house for a little while longer. we will see what happens. A Lot of people will be eating oatmeal for the next year or so. what is your take on it.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ...... I like oatmeal.... and lately I have really enjoyed grits with butter and sugar from the Waffle House......

did you know that grits are actually homony????? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ...... I like oatmeal.... and lately I have really enjoyed grits with butter and sugar from the Waffle House......

did you know that grits are actually homony????? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

tnko

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I'm a grits man too. I like mine with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.

Hominy is actually the correct spelling. Some folks in New Orleans don't call them grits, they call them lil' hominy. There's a restaurant in Charleston, SC called The Hominy Grill. It's a must when you are down that way. After you eat, you can take a drive over to Clemson University and look around. Two time NCAA champ Sammie Henson went to Clemson. Clemson's singlets were orange and had a paw on the back identical to Bradley's.

Therefore...if you like grits, you gotta like Bradley.

My grandmother used to make her own hominy grits. The manufacturing process was like a toxic industrial process that had something to do with boiling lye. My parents wouldn't let us visit her when she was making the stuff - something about her homeowners didn't cover toxic spills. I don't think Al Gore or OSHA would have approved. She also used to "sling 'chitlins" but there are minors on this board.

HEY HEY HEY I AM NOT A MIDDLE SCHOOLER i am just here to state the facts and the truth About how crappy your teams are and how AMAZING my teams are and what do u mean whiny attitude? i have never seen their coach whine .

Have the Indy parents go and buy their babies a trophy and call it a day. I love when rich punks cry! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I guess using the same logic:

The Titans should be the Super Bowl Champs because they beat the Stealers!

Yes, they stole the Championship.

tnko

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I'm a grits man too. I like mine with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.

Hominy is actually the correct spelling. Some folks in New Orleans don't call them grits, they call them lil' hominy. There's a restaurant in Charleston, SC called The Hominy Grill. It's a must when you are down that way. After you eat, you can take a drive over to Clemson University and look around. Two time NCAA champ Sammie Henson went to Clemson. Clemson's singlets were orange and had a paw on the back identical to Bradley's.

Therefore...if you like grits, you gotta like Bradley.

I knew the spelling wasnt right but at 2am I was too lazy to look up the dictionary on the web.

Dont understand the salt, pepper, and Tabasco thing but tomorrow I will stop and try it while I'm running and see for myself and hope I dont puke it up the last 3 miles. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Have you ever tried it with sugar (lots)? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Bradley is D1, how could I not like them /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the last time i checked, people didn't go to the state duals to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th... they came to win. everyone has a chance to prove they are the champions, and both Indy and Cleveland had their shot at Bradley.

every team has strengths and weaknesses...and some teams match up better than others. It can be argued all day long who is the better team, and who can beat who, because there are endless combinations of matchups.

at the end of the day, both Indy and CHS got their shots at being champions. Just regroup and try again next year, and try to build your programs up as much as you can. Why take a chance of defacing your schools reputation by crying about a draw? Just do the best you can with what you have...

if there was an argument about seedings...either A, bring it up in the seeding meeting or B, wrestle tougher opponents throughout the year so your strength is clearly tested.

congrats to both teams on excellent showings.

You guys know that "seeding" is a myth. The coaches were told that regions were separated and that was all.

Independence is tough as heck, and if I know Coach Price he would be the first to say that a two "seed" for Science Hill would be ridiculous.

And how many seasons are made or broken on "ifs"?

The originator of this post brings disgrace on himself and the program at Independence by insulting virtually every program in the state besides Bradley Central, programs that have proven themselves over time. Soddy Daisy, Clarksville, and Science Hill, teams who have been to the duals numerous times, are all mentioned in a derogatory manner. Included in that group is Mount Juliet, a team that looks a good bit like Independence from a year or two ago and bears watching over the next couple of years, not to mention Cordova, who just happened to be the first stop on Soddy's road to third.

That is unfortunate.

It is my sincere hope that digi does not express the sentiments of Coach Grindstaff or Jim Gabriel.