Coach Mote leaving CA for Alabama Christian

jklivin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA named Mike Mizer their new coach. He was an assistant at CA back around 7-10 years ago, then went to Spring Hill and Central to help coach for a few years before coming to CA to be AD this past year. I think this will be a great fit for CA and the transition will be very easy. I wish him the best.

Wishing CA the best as well, but Mizer doesn't have much of a track record as a head coach.

Think they could have done much better if they'd actually conducted a search.

Why didn't they?

yeah im gonna miss mote too i only played for him 3 years. best CA jr high record 7th grade 5-3. and he was a really good coach and a great man and best of luck to him in Alabama. and the President of CA is moving back to work at Freed. he got offered a better job from what i heard and took it and his daughter is going there next year so it will work out there too instead of having to drive like 2 hours to school and home....

and on the other hand i wish Mizer luck cus he is probably going to need it since he lost almost all of his key players.. and it could be a posibility that some people may not come back out because Mote is leaving. so this will definantly be a building year or two for CA

yeah im gonna miss mote too i only played for him 3 years. best CA jr high record 7th grade 5-3. and he was a really good coach and a great man and best of luck to him in Alabama. and the President of CA is moving back to work at Freed. he got offered a better job from what i heard and took it and his daughter is going there next year so it will work out there too instead of having to drive like 2 hours to school and home....

and on the other hand i wish Mizer luck cus he is probably going to need it since he lost almost all of his key players.. and it could be a posibility that some people may not come back out because Mote is leaving. so this will definantly be a building year or two for CA

i think they'll have a good turnout, everyone around seems to like coach mizer. But i agree with the rebuilding year, it may be slow for about 3 years. They did just graduate probably the largest senior class they have ever hard(or very close) in 12 seniors. the sophomores of next year will be the ones to look out for, there are about 12-15 of them. the line will probably for themost part be very small, and very inexperienced(graduated 4 starters) and they graduated the 3 starting Dlinemen, and the #4 one. I dont know if ill exspect alot out of them for a couple years. but they could be a threat coming up.

GO DAWGS!

--oh and im pretty sure they tied our jr high record this year.

they did i believe, and i think he still seemed the best fit. Coach Mizer will be a good coach, he loves the sport, and the school.

Well they didn't do much of a search. Mote resigns 2/11; Mizer named head coach on 2/21. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That is not a search. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well they didn't do much of a search. Mote resigns 2/11; Mizer named head coach on 2/21. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That is not a search. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

well they were probably looking to find someone. and found him, and realized he'd be able to be with the team immediately. and not have to wait for a coach to just come in, in the summer.

who knows though.

well they were probably looking to find someone. and found him, and realized he'd be able to be with the team immediately. and not have to wait for a coach to just come in, in the summer.

who knows though.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who is they? He (Mizer) was the AD.

They didn't look or do any search what so ever!! And it will show in the next few years.

Don't know if I would use that reasoning. Look at it ....Economy is bad, So money to go out and get a high profile coach was out of the question.They probably consolidated the two positions (AD and head Coach) -. . Who ever would have taken the job is going to struggle. Just not enough kids