Upperman @ Livingston Academy - 2/13/09

one2watch

I wouldn't want to make a prediction on the score but I will say this. It was no fluke that the game at Upperman played out like it did. Upperman has a very underated team. This was the first time LA has faced this group of kids with everyone healthy. There's a reason LA played the way did - Upperman. If the referees call a solid game at LA I believe Upperman will win again. At Upperman I have never seen so many flop attempts by one team ever - Offensively and Defensivly. Dunn dove backwards after missed shot attempts several times and there was not a player within 2 of feet of him. When he makes it inside he does not try to draw a foul but dives directly into the somach / chest of the defender. Several LA players tried to and some did draw charges with almost no contact. Good acting job but just seems like a weak way to play the game. But hey, If you can fool the referees and get away with it / that's part of it. If both teams play thier best I don't believe LA can line up with the size / speed that Upperman has. It will be a great game to watch either way.

LOL...That is hilarious. Definitely an interesting point of view I will say that. lol

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD must stand for Just Dumb, because that is ignorant. Upperman is not underrated, and they are not 12 points better than Livingston, except for one night. I would not think that the same team will step on the floor for Livingston. I also saw where UHS hit a bump with Macon. I have seen one bump all yaer for Livingston, and that was Upperman. Should not happen again. Livingston wins, by 12+. Also, I cannot tell you about the signs, but I can tell you this, no team has beaten Livingston Academy twice in the district in a long time. It is very rare, and having the best staff in the district makes that goal much harder than what it seems.

I wouldn't want to make a prediction on the score but I will say this. It was no fluke that the game at Upperman played out like it did. Upperman has a very underated team. This was the first time LA has faced this group of kids with everyone healthy. There's a reason LA played the way did - Upperman. If the referees call a solid game at LA I believe Upperman will win again. At Upperman I have never seen so many flop attempts by one team ever - Offensively and Defensivly. Dunn dove backwards after missed shot attempts several times and there was not a player within 2 of feet of him. When he makes it inside he does not try to draw a foul but dives directly into the somach / chest of the defender. Several LA players tried to and some did draw charges with almost no contact. Good acting job but just seems like a weak way to play the game. But hey, If you can fool the referees and get away with it / that's part of it. If both teams play thier best I don't believe LA can line up with the size / speed that Upperman has. It will be a great game to watch either way.

I'd say, in your opinion, the refs called a solid game at Upperman. This has to be one of the most comical(idiotic) posts I've ever read on here.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

all i am going to say is the student section will be ready and leave it at that

I am looking for the student section at LA to show up in a big way. I also wish they would sit on the Away side of the gym. Give the Bee fans a little taste of their own medicine. I expect LA to be much better prepared for this game. Can't wait to see this one.

I'd say, in your opinion, the refs called a solid game at Upperman. This has to be one of the most comical(idiotic) posts I've ever read on here.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your right, that post was idiotic. Upperman beating LA was a fluke. As in, it should not have happened.

Your right, that post was idiotic. Upperman beating LA was a fluke. As in, it should not have happened.

I'm not sure I'd call it a fluke. Yeah, LA played horrible and UHS played great. But (other than the Bee's high shooting percentage) I don't think they were playing above their heads. They have a good team. Livingston will need to bring their A+ game.

Losing on the road by 12 and you say winning by 17 on LA's floor...that's a 29 point turn around. Are we that much better than them??? If I was your (WP) then I would have a good seat to watch the game.

I wouldn't bet on that!!

And how dare you question B-Gum the Greek!!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hate hearing all this stuff about that wasn't livingston that played the first game. Was chase dunn and crew not on the court? i was there and i'm sure i seen them all playing. Now i don't doubt they played a bad game but don't say that was a different team, or it wasn't the real livingston. true they didn't play to their abitity but it was the same kids on the court that run other teams out of the gym... right?? anyone who knows a thing about basketball or sports in general knows that night in and night out you gotta play. this same livingston team was pushed to the wire last year when they faced upperman in the district championship. so they knew going in to that game what they were facing. the same goes for the remarks made saying that upperman only squeaked by macon co, therefore livingston will kill upperman. this is true they were fortunate to get the win, but when you start comparing stats and who beats who by how much your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. if you feel there is credibility in those kind of statements then you are saying that macon co should beat livingston???? i mean after all upperman did barely beat macon, but beat livingston by 12. i along with anyone else that has a brain knows that would never happen this year. (i haven't heard anyone say it about macon co. yet but upperman fans could make the excuse, "oh well we played the night before so we were tired. or after the livingston game they may say"well that's our third game this week and we had no energy left") These are the excuses that i hate hearing and you won't hear me say that if we get blown out friday night.(which with livingstons depth could happen) i just get tired of hearing people make excuses, saying we played bad, or the refs were terrible. Upperman flat outplayed livingston the first meeting(only a fool would not agree). does this mean that upperman is the better team???? NO. it means upperman was the better team on that night. i have seen and know the loads of talent on that livingston squad. And even though i am a bee fan i have to say that livingston to me is still the team to beat in this district as well as the region. As far as the game tomorrow night, Upperman better come prepared and rested up. They have been playing really well lately and i look for this game to be a good one as well, as long as they stay with livingston in the first quarter. UHS can't afford to let LA jump out on the early or they could be off to the races. As i have said before, and i still feel, that Uppermans starting five is just as talented as LA. However, when the bench play comes into effect it's a different story. LA is deep and hardly drops off at all when the subs come in. just my own opinions, i love this time of year for high school basketball. oh and isn't it getting repititious seeing LA and UHS every year (boys and girls) dueling it out for top spots in 7AA. good luck to both and no matter what, i want 7AA to make a statement in region tournament and represented by two teams in the BORO!!! GOOD LUCK ALL.

I have to agree with just about everything Beefan said. I just think its ironic all the talk about excuses and what Beefan says the team could say about why Macon County played Upperman close. Look at what the coach says could be the reasons in this Herald Citizen article. How FUNNY! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?ev...7CFFE809A855A30

"We got in late last night"......."maybe we were a little leg weary".

Ya gotta admit that's good stuff.