District 14 A Tournament

TAllen

No she is not going to play.They said she was suspended indefinately if she did what they asked her to do.She couldnt make any mistakes or she would have been kicked off.She made a mistake and should have been kicked off.Agree with that.But at the meeting Chandler told her to write a letter apologizing to him,the assistant coach,the team,superintendant,and the sports newspaper man,Mike Hutchens,then she would be back on the team.She understood writing a letter to the coach,team,asst coach,but the newspaper man and superintendent doesnt have anything to do with what happen.She didnt disrespect the newspaper man nor the superintendent,so why write a letter to them and you havent did anything to them.She went ahead an wrote a letter to everyone he said to,but he didnt let her play.He should have told her that she made a mistake and couldnt play anymore,than to tell her to write a letter to all these people and then she would be back on the team.That is misleading a person,when you did everything he asked.

I was hoping she'd get to end her senior season on the floor,win or lose..I thought she was going to be permitted to come back so that's why I wrote in an earlier post that I was told if she met certain conditions that she would..I know you told me the conditions about apologizing to everyone but I didn't want to reveal what the conditions were in case she decided not to do it and thought maybe that should have come from her or you..!Too bad she did those things and they aren't letting her play .At least come off the bench !

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping she'd get to end her senior season on the floor,win or lose..I thought she was going to be permitted to come back so that's why I wrote in an earlier post that I was told if she met certain conditions that she would..I know you told me the conditions about apologizing to everyone but I didn't want to reveal what the conditions were in case she decided not to do it and thought maybe that should have come from her or you..!Too bad she did those things and they aren't letting her play .At least come off the bench !

Without Labricca, Gleason can name the score. I'll say Gleason by 18.

Humboldt beats Peabody, 68-58.

It was tied at 55 with about 3:30 left in the game. But Humboldt finishes on a 13-3 run.

Leading scorers:

HHS - Cilisha Harper 17, Natasha Davis 16, Courtney Norman 13, Patra Hubbard 12

PHS - Lorna Hudson 21, Brianna Harper 12, Rachelle Bolden 10, Laquita Luten 10

Humboldt improves to 17-9 and will play Lake Co. on Thursday night at 7:30 in Trenton.

Peabody's season comes to an end at 10-18.

Congrats to Lake Co on the win..Lake Co had a 10 point lead with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and started holding the ball for 1 shot,hoping to have a 12 or 13 point lead or at worst a 10 point lead..But Lake Co made a pass close to halfcourt with about 7 seconds left that Greenfield intercepted and scored an easy layup to pull within 8..Greenfield got the ball back again to start the 4th quarter and made a 3 point shot to pull within 5..Lake Co missed and Greenfield came down and hit anothe r3 to get within 2 points and the game was on..Lake Co missed free throws at the end of the game and was shooting a free throw with about 24 seconds left in the game with Lake Co holding a 2 point lead and Renita Kinney was called for a foul on Jordan Gailey going for the rebound..Jordan made both and Lake Co took the ball in bounds tied up..Renita Kinney took a long shot with about 6 seconds to play and went off the side of the rim under the basket right to T.T.Flowers for a wide open shot under the goal..Couldn't ask for a better shot..She missed on a shot that she would probably make 8 or 9 times out of 10..Greenfield got the ball after winning the tip and I believe Jordan Gailey was fouled and missed the front end of a 1 and 1..Lake Co went on to a 2 point lead with about 6 seconds to play and Renita Kinney was fouled and went to the line for a 1 and 1..She made the important first shot but missed the second and Greenfield rebounded and Greenfield came down and shot a 3 at the buzzer that was a little off to the side..Number 24,Katie..don't know her last name. played well and carried Greenfield in the first half while Jordan Gailey carried them in the second half..Greenfield played hard and had a fine season..I'd like to congratulate them on on the game tonight ..With everyone coming back..sure going to see some good things from the Greenfield girls..Don't know about the other teams but I would have to believe both Greenfield and Lake Co will start the season as top ten teams barring any unforseen circumstances..Maybe even top five..Congrats to both teams..A pressur egame tonight ..At least the next game won't have as much pressure as far as ending the season !

Think you should get the rest of the story! I here there is more to it than that! Maybe you do not know both sides of the story sounds like you are only hearing one side from what I understand!

No she is not going to play.They said she was suspended indefinately if she did what they asked her to do.She couldnt make any mistakes or she would have been kicked off.She made a mistake and should have been kicked off.Agree with that.But at the meeting Chandler told her to write a letter apologizing to him,the assistant coach,the team,superintendant,and the sports newspaper man,Mike Hutchens,then she would be back on the team.She understood writing a letter to the coach,team,asst coach,but the newspaper man and superintendent doesnt have anything to do with what happen.She didnt disrespect the newspaper man nor the superintendent,so why write a letter to them and you havent did anything to them.She went ahead an wrote a letter to everyone he said to,but he didnt let her play.He should have told her that she made a mistake and couldnt play anymore,than to tell her to write a letter to all these people and then she would be back on the team.That is misleading a person,when you did everything he asked.

Think you should get the rest of the story! I here there is more to it than that! Maybe you do not know both sides of the story sounds like you are only hearing one side from what I understand!

Everyone always talks of upsets in this district tournament but there hasn't been a major one since Bradford upset Greenfield (7 seed beat the 2 seed at home) 2 years ago. The top 4 move on this year to Trenton. This may be a good semi-final and final but the real games are next weekend when these 4 will probably face each other in the region semis when the loser goes home!!

Everyone always talks of upsets in this district tournament but there hasn't been a major one since Bradford upset Greenfield (7 seed beat the 2 seed at home) 2 years ago. The top 4 move on this year to Trenton. This may be a good semi-final and final but the real games are next weekend when these 4 will probably face each other in the region semis when the loser goes home!!

I believe you're probably right..!

Congrats to Lake Co on the win..Lake Co had a 10 point lead with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and started holding the ball for 1 shot,hoping to have a 12 or 13 point lead or at worst a 10 point lead..But Lake Co made a pass close to halfcourt with about 7 seconds left that Greenfield intercepted and scored an easy layup to pull within 8..Greenfield got the ball back again to start the 4th quarter and made a 3 point shot to pull within 5..Lake Co missed and Greenfield came down and hit anothe r3 to get within 2 points and the game was on..Lake Co missed free throws at the end of the game and was shooting a free throw with about 24 seconds left in the game with Lake Co holding a 2 point lead and Renita Kinney was called for a foul on Jordan Gailey going for the rebound..Jordan made both and Lake Co took the ball in bounds tied up..Renita Kinney took a long shot with about 6 seconds to play and went off the side of the rim under the basket right to T.T.Flowers for a wide open shot under the goal..Couldn't ask for a better shot..She missed on a shot that she would probably make 8 or 9 times out of 10..Greenfield got the ball after winning the tip and I believe Jordan Gailey was fouled and missed the front end of a 1 and 1..Lake Co went on to a 2 point lead with about 6 seconds to play and Renita Kinney was fouled and went to the line for a 1 and 1..She made the important first shot but missed the second and Greenfield rebounded and Greenfield came down and shot a 3 at the buzzer that was a little off to the side..Number 24,Katie..don't know her last name. played well and carried Greenfield in the first half while Jordan Gailey carried them in the second half..Greenfield played hard and had a fine season..I'd like to congratulate them on on the game tonight ..With everyone coming back..sure going to see some good things from the Greenfield girls..Don't know about the other teams but I would have to believe both Greenfield and Lake Co will start the season as top ten teams barring any unforseen circumstances..Maybe even top five..Congrats to both teams..A pressur egame tonight ..At least the next game won't have as much pressure as far as ending the season !

Bigster,

Good summary of the game. I was really proud of our girls last night. Greenfield had their chances and played about as well as they can. After the injury to our post player, Emily Randolph this week a couple of girls stepped up big. Haley Perkins amd Shamilla McMullen really stepped up and played well. Mallory Robinson did a great job guarding TT Flowers and TT was not a factor in the game. Coach Trevathan had a great gameplan and the girls proved to themselves in the first quarter that they could win. Lake County is a good team and I really think that they can win the district.

As for next year, I agree with Bigster. Lake County and Greenfield should be hard to beat. Greenfield has no seniors, they have a good group of 8th graders coming up and once we get everybody healthy and back on the floor it should be fun. Lake County has a good group of 8th graders and will be even better next year. Good luck to the four teams that are still playing. Two of the four teams will be in Murfreesboro, I feel like. Represent us well, we are pulling for you.

I don't know of anyone not giving Bradford respect ..They have a fine team and are deserving of their state ranking..I just think our district is pretty strong..I believe Bradford has had some close games with Humboldt..maybe even Dresden and Gleason..They are very capable of winning the tournament..but so is Humboldt,Lake Co,Gleason,Greenfield and even Dresden..I don't see much difference in any of our teams..If Bradford isn't hitting or the big girls get in foul trouble..Dresden can beat them the first game..Greenfield can do the same to Lake Co...I'd rather play Bradford on the road or a neutral court than to play them at Bradford..a very tough gym to come out with a win..Bradford is very talented..but so is Humboldt..Lake Co..etc..All of these teams are just out of the top ten and probably most would be in the top 20..!Not being disrectful to Bradford..I respect all the teams in our district !

In my opinion, since New Year, Bradford has stepped it up. Sure, they had a couple of close games with Humboldt, but Humboldt is good. In the end, they are so much more physical than anyone in the district. No one can match up with Erical Oiver, and Wallsmith is a great floor general. I know the cliche that anything can happen, but I would have to say that hands down, 14A is Bradford's to lose.

I know the Bradford/Dresden game has already been played so this looks like hind sight is 20/20, but how in the world could anyone that knows anything about this district say that Dresden had a shot. I know they are a good team, but come on.

Now, I won't be just knocked off my feet surprised if someone else wins the 14A but Bradford has proven that they are the toughest team this year. They will have their toughest game Thursday. I always feel uneasy in a game against Randy Frasier. He is the best coach in the district, but Bradford is the best team. We will see.

In my opinion, since New Year, Bradford has stepped it up. Sure, they had a couple of close games with Humboldt, but Humboldt is good. In the end, they are so much more physical than anyone in the district. No one can match up with Erical Oiver, and Wallsmith is a great floor general. I know the cliche that anything can happen, but I would have to say that hands down, 14A is Bradford's to lose.

I know the Bradford/Dresden game has already been played so this looks like hind sight is 20/20, but how in the world could anyone that knows anything about this district say that Dresden had a shot. I know they are a good team, but come on.

Now, I won't be just knocked off my feet surprised if someone else wins the 14A but Bradford has proven that they are the toughest team this year. They will have their toughest game Thursday. I always feel uneasy in a game against Randy Frasier. He is the best coach in the district, but Bradford is the best team. We will see.

Yes we will..I' m not sold that Bradford is any better than Humboldt or Lake Co..Humboldt has some tall girls that can match up with Bradford and I believe both Lake Co and Humboldt are quicker..Bradford is extremely hard to beat in their small gym but I'm not convinced they will beat either Humboldt or Lake Co on the road or a neutral court..

The last game at Bradford T.T. picked up a charge after scoring on the very first play of the game and then another quick foul later..Still was a 10 point game going into the 4th quarter and Lake Co couldn't buy a basket..With officials from Memphis or another area..could depend if Bradford gets called for maybe hand checking to keep Humboldt or Lake Co driving around them..We'll see !I actually think Humboldt matches up with Bradford better than Lake Co..Can play witht he taller girls and are faster..Lake Co and Humboldt..when they play against each other are for the most part going to get up and down the floor.!