WEEK 1 SORE LOSERS...F.R.

Guest timbranard

Guest timbranard

after the loss to GHS, father ryan's players did not even shake hands with the GHS players. They immediately went to a post game talk and ran off the field. I would love to hear what happened from a Father Ryan player. What was wrong? GHS didn't run up the score. They put in their 2nd offense in the 4th quarter and ran the ball, almost the whole time to run out the clock, and their 2nd Offense scored with close to 4 minutes left. I guess that 2nd offense score on their first defense was pretty hurtful to them, especially being at home and all...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ashamed and embarassed that Father Ryan acted in this fashion. As a Fr.Ryan fan and supporter Goodpasture, please accept all of our apologies for this most inappropriate behavior. You are correct......it is just bad sportmanship.(Did the Wyoming coach shake hands with Coach Fulmer last night after that tail beating.......you bet he did!) A team must always shake hands at the end, and believe me there were many a Father Ryan football player who came home and told their family that they were ashamed as well. :) Please forgive, it was'nt the boys.......

[Edited by fatkat on 9-1-02 2:24A]

Posted by fatkat:

I am ashamed and embarassed that Father Ryan acted in this fashion. As a Fr.Ryan fan and supporter Goodpasture, please accept all of our apologies for this most inappropriate behavior. You are correct......it is just bad sportmanship.(Did the Wyoming coach shake hands with Coach Fulmer last night after that tail beating.......you bet he did!) A team must always shake hands at the end, and believe me there were many a Father Ryan football player who came home and told their family that they were ashamed as well. :) Please forgive, it was'nt the boys.......

[Edited by fatkat on 9-1-02 2:24A]

Great post fatcat, I hope the Goodpasture faithful see it! I hope you relay your sentiments to the Father Ryan principal! That action is not what friday nights are supposed to teach our youth! Leadership and sportsmanship can carry a young man a long way in life! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Yes, that is the reason,(on side kick) and it was low on Goodpasture's part and that coach wasn't teaching his boys well either, but still, I am from the school where you shake hands even if you're angry at the opposing team for a lack of class,they can grumble about them AFTER they left the field 2 wrongs don't make a right, right??? Both coaches did their teams a disservice. There is always two sides to a pancake! So, in defense of Father Ryan, sure, it was cheap of GP granted, but we are above that.

Guest timbranard

that is the reason then...thank you. i was trying to figure that out. Well... in defense of Goodpasture they were just practicing the onside kick. The kicker this year is new. They had their 2's in and the kick off team had not done good all night. GHS kicked an onside kick, but the kick was for practice for the new kicker as well for the kick off team to cover the ball carrier quicker than they were. The onside kick was kicked about 20 yards, so it wasn't like GHS was trying to get the ball back, they just didn't want to risk the kick return team getting another run back on them. Thanks for clarifying now why Father Ryan was mad, and I hope you guys understand why Goodpasture did it now.

It's the kicker's first year, so he needs a little practice anyway.