Cry Babies

shortstuff

I have never seem so many people wine and cry about coming to Clarksville!!!!!!!!! Did you need me to get you some cheese with that wine?????!!!!!! Our coach makes a comment(that is true by the way) and you people wine and cry all the way home. Three to four of our guys had their Cleveland opponet pinned and the ref couldn't see it. Even people from other teams seen it. In the 103 lb match up the ref seen it in a second or less. Once again people from other teams said that was a lousy call. Yes, he might would have got pinned later on, but I guess the ref wanted to guarantee Cleveland a win(That is what the coach questioned about it being fair). Our parents and team here at Clarksville went all out for you guys. There is no telling how much money our parents/team spent to feed all of you(boy can you all eat). I just want to know, Did you thank them? I can answer that, NO YOU DIDN'T(maybe a few did). The rest of you know who you are. All I have to say is Good Luck to next person.. Don't worry, we will show up next year and show all of you that we don't need the advantage of wrestling at home!!

I have never seem so many people wine and cry about coming to Clarksville!!!!!!!!! Did you need me to get you some cheese with that wine?????!!!!!! Our coach makes a comment(that is true by the way) and you people wine and cry all the way home. Three to four of our guys had their Cleveland opponet pinned and the ref couldn't see it. Even people from other teams seen it. In the 103 lb match up the ref seen it in a second or less. Once again people from other teams said that was a lousy call. Yes, he might would have got pinned later on, but I guess the ref wanted to guarantee Cleveland a win(That is what the coach questioned about it being fair). Our parents and team here at Clarksville went all out for you guys. There is no telling how much money our parents/team spent to feed all of you(boy can you all eat). I just want to know, Did you thank them? I can answer that, NO YOU DIDN'T(maybe a few did). The rest of you know who you are. All I have to say is Good Luck to next person.. Don't worry, we will show up next year and show all of you that we don't need the advantage of wrestling at home!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone by telling you how I felt, but I'm just a pasionate fan like many of you. We just wish people would quit talking about last weekend(Clarksville having an unfair advantage). It over and done with, so now let's all put that behind us and move forward from here. Let's face it, someone is always going to have unfair advantage no matter where you hold the tournaments. Also, I got really upset when I was told by our parents that people this year, didn't seem very appreciative for all that we did for all of you.

oh oh Shortstuff--now you've done....the next thing you know-people are going to be putting words in your mouth and taking your post completely out of context--Hope you have thick skin! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Shortstuff, I would recommend deleting every post you've just made in this topic because when I was 15 I hopped on here and made the very same mistake you have. Coach Cobb is going to call you out in front of everyone and make you feel like a fool, which is what you're making all of Clarksville look like when you run up and start beating a dead horse (making a new thread about Clarksville's unfair advantage and using terrible grammar all at the same time). My advice to you would be to leave coacht message boards to us graduated wannabes/have beens. As coach Cobb has been quoted while quoting teddy Roosevelt, "walk quietly but carry a big stick".

As matwizard said, getting on the boards before you're out of high school only leads to trouble (I, too, have been there, though I also seem to find myself in a fair amount of trouble these days). I know what it's like to be passionate about your team and your coach, I think few people have as much pride in CHS wrestling as I do, but the fact of the matter is people are going to talk. Always. And time and again (this is a fairly new lesson for me) the best option is to let them talk. It won't change anything to argue about moot points, so we have to choose our battles.

Passion is admirable, but it can only go so far and do so much. Take a lesson from me and watch what you write on here because it colors peoples' impressions about Clarksville.