2010 Tourney Dates Set - Thurs-Fri-Sat

bbb

The 50th annual TSSAA state wrestling tournament will be held on Thurs-Fri-Sat, Feb. 18-19-20 at McKenzie Arena.

The Southern Conference office confirmed that UTC men's and women's basketball teams requested to be out of town that week in 2010 so the wrestling tournament could be held on the usual Thur-Fri-Sat.

A McKenzie Arena official also said these are the dates being held for the state tournament.

The SoCon also said that the basketball schedules are usually done 12-18 months in advance.

Schools can request certain dates to be home or away.

Food Issue For Wrestlers: McKenzie Arena official said that it is an arena policy that no food be brought into the arena for any event. The arena did wave this rule for the first couple of years of the wrestling tournament, but they and the TSSAA decided to go back to the arena policy on no outside food.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Food Issue For Wrestlers: McKenzie Arena official said that it is an arena policy that no food be brought into the arena for any event. The arena did wave this rule for the first couple of years of the wrestling tournament, but they and the TSSAA decided to go back to the arena policy on no outside food.

If this is a policy, then do they adhere to it 100% for the college teams as well? I can't believe they are telling college wrestlers that they can't bring ANYTHING into the area

If this is a policy, then do they adhere to it 100% for the college teams as well? I can't believe they are telling college wrestlers that they can't bring ANYTHING into the area

From what I can tell, the policy only applies to the Roundhouse. UTC wrestling isn't held there (except on the rare occasion of a doubleheader with a basketball game).

The 50th annual TSSAA state wrestling tournament will be held on Thurs-Fri-Sat, Feb. 18-19-20 at McKenzie Arena.

The Southern Conference office confirmed that UTC men's and women's basketball teams requested to be out of town that week in 2010 so the wrestling tournament could be held on the usual Thur-Fri-Sat.

A McKenzie Arena official also said these are the dates being held for the state tournament.

The SoCon also said that the basketball schedules are usually done 12-18 months in advance.

Schools can request certain dates to be home or away.

Are these dates subject to change like they have two other times? Does the TSSAA have a "FIRM" contract with UTC?

good Question!

I guess you missed this part .............

You get what you want, with a little help from UTC, and you still want to gripe?

I guess you missed this part .............

You get what you want, with a little help from UTC, and you still want to gripe?

Hold on it said that they requested to be out of town. It did not say the granted them this request. Only time will tell

It was guaranteed last year and two years ago I guess we'll see. I say find another venue.

Let's think about it. They did it to us once shame on them. Do it to use twice shame on us. If they do it to us three times we're all idiots /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />