8 A district

FCS1984

You would be wrong on both. LA,s gym is bigger than WHS and since when does the school have to be in the region? It doesn't! It doesn't matter I doubt any of the 8a girls team win a region game and if one does thats as far as they will get. Make sure to bring enough money to sit in the bleachers because that's the only way you're going to be in the gym! LOL

May be true, but if one of your teams get dumped by an 8a team, we will certainly be here to rub your nose in it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be true, but if one of your teams get dumped by an 8a team, we will certainly be here to rub your nose in it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your 1 seed has an outside chance of an upset since they will be playing at home but none of them has a chance to beat JC or Crange. Wasn't Westmoreland 32-1 last year coming into the tournament or something like that? C'range beat them by double digits if I remember correctly. While you get a nice looking record playing weak competition it won't help you come tourney time.

Your 1 seed has an outside chance of an upset since they will be playing at home but none of them has a chance to beat JC or Crange. Wasn't Westmoreland 32-1 last year coming into the tournament or something like that? C'range beat them by double digits if I remember correctly. While you get a nice looking record playing weak competition it won't help you come tourney time.

As I said yesterday, games are not won on the Coacht message board. I think the top 3 teams in 8a play a competetive schedule outside of the district. That was a good Westmoreland team last year, but again that was last year. I would not be surprised to see a 8a team get in the finals, I have seen some big fish get fried in my days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As I said yesterday, games are not won on the Coacht message board. I think the top 3 teams in 8a play a competetive schedule outside of the district. That was a good Westmoreland team last year, but again that was last year. I would not be surprised to see a 8a team get in the finals, I have seen some big fish get fried in my days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do agree that Westmoreland had a good team last year but saying that teams in 8A play a competitive schedule is a matter of opinion. Do they play teams the calibur of Upperman? Livingston Aca? JC? C'range? Shelbyville? Riverdale? Cookeville? Oliver Springs? There is a big difference in playing "decent" teams and playing the "elite" traditional power houses or playing against very good AAA schools. Tough competition gets you ready for a tournament run. Playing teams you can beat on an off night won't help you when you're faced with a team that can hold you to less than 30 points a game defensively. You will hear the fans talking about how their team just had an off night shooting when in reality they've never faced competition like they just did. The coaches know what's coming the problem is they can't simulate it in practice and they don't play anyone as good as these kind of teams so the players don't know how to handle the kind of constant pressure they will be facing. Good luck 8A and if one of your teams make the finals they will have earned it and my respect but until that happens I say 7A dominates the championship game for years to come! Two reasons why Jim Brown and Lamaar Rogers. Anymore questions?

I do agree that Westmoreland had a good team last year but saying that teams in 8A play a competitive schedule is a matter of opinion. Do they play teams the calibur of Upperman? Livingston Aca? JC? C'range? Shelbyville? Riverdale? Cookeville? Oliver Springs? There is a big difference in playing "decent" teams and playing the "elite" traditional power houses or playing against very good AAA schools. Tough competition gets you ready for a tournament run. Playing teams you can beat on an off night won't help you when you're faced with a team that can hold you to less than 30 points a game defensively. You will hear the fans talking about how their team just had an off night shooting when in reality they've never faced competition like they just did. The coaches know what's coming the problem is they can't simulate it in practice and they don't play anyone as good as these kind of teams so the players don't know how to handle the kind of constant pressure they will be facing. Good luck 8A and if one of your teams make the finals they will have earned it and my respect but until that happens I say 7A dominates the championship game for years to come! Two reasons why Jim Brown and Lamaar Rogers. Anymore questions?

I don't see any 8a folks making any kind of claims, and history backs you up, but some of us bystanders (me) wouldn't mind seeing an upset. I have watched great basketball for years, Mt Juliet, Wilson Central etc, so i know what good basketball teams look like. I have already picked Clarkrange to win the whole things, but I think it would be a hoot to see them or Jackson County get knocked off their high horse. As long as Gville, or Westmoreland or fCS get a chance to play them, they are just kids, anything can happen. Actually, I think you sound kind of arogant, that is why I like to pull your chain. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Is it just me or does midtensportsfan sound a lot like Devilfanatic use to sound? I believe he has new user name.

Our gym is bigger than ANY in 8A.

Maybe if you had more pull with TSSAA, the games would be played at your place! And then 8a would have to drive a long way to get a butt whipping! Now it's just a short drive, then the butt whipping and then a short drive home. Of course we all have to fight for parking, a pickle and a seat. Are your pickles as good as the ones in Watertown/ I bet not, they do have great pickles. They could improve on the pizza though, maybe try dominos or Pizza hut personal pans, they are great.