Monterey Wildcats Region Bound

panther14

Well, well, well, now look who's made it to the semifinals of the 2009 Boys District 7A tournament. The Monterey Wildcats! (What, did you just say MHS has won a tourney game? Why yes, little Johnny, they did.) And boy did they ever. The 6th seed Red Boiling Springs Bulldogs 5-12 (2-7) traveled to (Hit it! This ain't no disco It ain't no country club either This is LA!) the Livingston Academy gym last night to take on the 4th seed Monterey Wildcats 9-17 (3-6), in the quarter finals of the District 7A Basketball Tournament. The Wildcats took control early and never looked back. Final score 24-42! The seniors were very good last night so congrats to them. End of the year for the bulldogs. Now for the seniors its on to face Clay County High School 22-6 (9-1). In their last meeting the Wildcats were defeated 39-54 on Jan. 27, 2009. I look for at least a better game this time. Its hard to beat a team three times in a season. Either way it goes, this bunch will go to the region tournament, which MHS Boys haven't been there in OVER 10 years. They'll face some tough District 8A team, but I think they'll have the ability to beat any or all of that district's group, it just depends on the seeding process. If Monterey loses to CCHS, they'll play for 3rd place against the loser of the Jackson Co. and Clarkrange game. If they could win that one then that puts them up against the District 8A's runner-up. However it goes its been a season to remember for this group of seniors, the losing is over, finally, on the mountain, and it's time for MHS to again rise up and start its winning tradition it began in the 1987-1988 and onward....!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well, now look who's made it to the semifinals of the 2009 Boys District 7A tournament. The Monterey Wildcats! (What, did you just say MHS has won a tourney game? Why yes, little Johnny, they did.) And boy did they ever. The 6th seed Red Boiling Springs Bulldogs 5-12 (2-7) traveled to (Hit it! This ain't no disco It ain't no country club either This is LA!) the Livingston Academy gym last night to take on the 4th seed Monterey Wildcats 9-17 (3-6), in the quarter finals of the District 7A Basketball Tournament. The Wildcats took control early and never looked back. Final score 24-42! The seniors were very good last night so congrats to them. End of the year for the bulldogs. Now for the seniors its on to face Clay County High School 22-6 (9-1). In their last meeting the Wildcats were defeated 39-54 on Jan. 27, 2009. I look for at least a better game this time. Its hard to beat a team three times in a season. Either way it goes, this bunch will go to the region tournament, which MHS Boys haven't been there in OVER 10 years. They'll face some tough District 8A team, but I think they'll have the ability to beat any or all of that district's group, it just depends on the seeding process. If Monterey loses to CCHS, they'll play for 3rd place against the loser of the Jackson Co. and Clarkrange game. If they could win that one then that puts them up against the District 8A's runner-up. However it goes its been a season to remember for this group of seniors, the losing is over, finally, on the mountain, and it's time for MHS to again rise up and start its winning tradition it began in the 1987-1988 and onward....!!!

Hey panther14,

Good information. Glad to see it, but if I could make a couple of corrections. RBS was actually ranked #5 and the last time that MHS boys was in the Region was in 2002. They made it to the second round of the region and was put out by guess who, Pickett. This has been a good season for MHS. Go Wildcats.

GO WILDCATS! Keep up the good work.

As MrSoftball said.... I STAND CORRECTED, sorry... Either way its a GREAT season for the 'Cats..!!!!

Coach West has turned them around. Lets just keep it going. GOOD LUCK!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So 9-17 is a "good" season up there huh? You guys sure ain't hard to please are ya? I'm with the green guy, MHS won't win a game in the tournaments. And Region 8 will probably beat Region 7 this year /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . I think Region 7 is down a little this year compared to years past. jmo /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />