Updates on the Div. 1 state tourny.

ETownwrestler152

As hard as credit is to come by in these times, I'll take it. Don't feel alone, bracket confusion reigns.

Star, can you give a brother a quick team scoring lesson?

Well up to now, here is what I did. I took the last night scores and added the differential between BC and Cleveland to see how they are faring against each other. Going into the semis BC leads by 14.5.

OK championship rounds the winner gets 2 points + bonus points (1 for MajDec, 1.5 for TechFall, 2 for Fall). So a dec gets 2, a major dec gets 3, tech fall gets 3.5, fall gets 4.

Consolation winners get 1 point plus the same bonus points.

It gets a litte trickier when placing, I think 1st gets 16 points, 12 for 2nd, 9 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, 5 for 5th, and 3 for 6th. The semifinal winners will get the 12 2nd place points tonight plus 2 for a win plus the bonus points. Then the champion will get 4 more plus bonus tomorrow. I am not sure if they have already posted 3 bonus points to the semifinalists (all semifinalists are guaranteed a medal) for guaranteed 6th place yet.

If there are penalty points it might get confusing because I am not sure if they post when a team is penalized or not. I remember a year or two ago a team finished with -1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well up to now, here is what I did. I took the last night scores and added the differential between BC and Cleveland to see how they are faring against each other. Going into the semis BC leads by 14.5.

OK championship rounds the winner gets 2 points + bonus points (1 for MajDec, 1.5 for TechFall, 2 for Fall).

Consolation winners get 1 point plus the same bonus points.

It gets a litte trickier when placing, I think 1st gets 16 points, 12 for 2nd, 9 for 3rd, 7 for 4th, 5 for 5th, and 3 for 6th. The semifinal winners will get the 12 2nd place points tonight plus 2 for a win plus the bonus points. Then the champion will get 4 more plus bonus tomorrow. I am not sure if they have already posted 3 bonus points to the semifinalists (all semifinalists are guaranteed a medal) for guaranteed 6th place yet.

Ok, thanks. I THINK I follow.

Ok, thanks. I THINK I follow.

Right now BC has three finalists to Cleveland's one, so that is at least 42 more for BC to "at least" 14 for Cleveland, so BC leads by 40 to 48 points through the 135.

(12 points for guaranteed 2nd place plus 2 points advancement = 14 points for semifinal win not counting any bonus points).

The semifinals actually start from 11 points. (Your analysis of the 14 is correct, but three of those points were already in the books--winning a quarterfinal gives you a minimum of sixth.)

Thanks silverpie. I was not sure when the 3 bonus for minimum 6th place get recorded. Since BC and Cleveland both had 6 semifinalists my relative scoring should still be close. Cleveland needs 160 to stay in the hunt.

(I mean a win in the 160 wt class, otherwise I don't see any way they can keep up with BC).

Well just got the call that Disney pinned Garcia, so looks like BC again this year

Thanks silverpie. I was not sure when the 3 bonus for minimum 6th place get recorded. Since BC and Cleveland both had 6 semifinalists my relative scoring should still be close. Cleveland needs 160 to stay in the hunt.

(I mean a win in the 160 wt class, otherwise I don't see any way they can keep up with BC).

Well just got the call that Disney pinned Garcia, so looks like BC again this year

Do you have any idea who would be 3rd right now? I'll be quite impressed if you're able to calculate that.

Do you have any idea who would be 3rd right now? I'll be quite impressed if you're able to calculate that.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Right now Soddy, they will be very close to or ahead of Cleveland now with 3 finalists (112 125 130). Cookeville if they get their 171 in the finals, Clarksville and Indy are probably running 4/5/6. Cleveland needs 215 and 285 to keep ahead of the SD and the pack.

I have a hard time believing SD did not win their region last week.

Multiple Finalists through 171 (Cleveland/Brentwood with one each so far):

BC 103 119 135 160 (189?)

SD 112 125 130

Brentwood 112 (189?)

Cleveland 119 (189 215 285?)

Ooltewah 130 171

Independence 145 152

Cookeville 160 171

Congratulations to Disney. Proud Parents Im sure. Got his rematch (yes Im psycic /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> )in Region and most important one of all in the semi-final. Makes it all worth it now. Good luck tomorrow Ill be rooting for Josh to win the State title he has worked so hard for. Makes the pain of this conversation go away quick doesent it! Again Congrats!

Post #30

Manager

Group: Members

Member No.: 34,340

QUOTE (2@140 @ Jan 30 2009 - 05:12 PM)

Certainly understand and commented during the Broadcast that it was obvious Josh wanted the rematch in the worst way. He showed the disappointment when the forfeit occured and thats a sign that he was ready to get it on. It is disappointing for him when he was so looking forward to it Im sure.

As you know I am aware that being close is tough. Hated the last two years of being tense and jacked up and wrestling every match in my gut while a son is on the mat.Its something thats hard to explain. Its a different and relaxing perspective now and easier for me to breath easier and watch without Knotted nerves. I know what you felt last night believe me.

You make a valid point about the WV match and not forfeiting. We also commented on the broadcast that we expected it to happen a few matches previous.

Also dont know if you recall two years ago but in the Region Duels Cleveland put in many jv guys in the finals rather than their starters. Travis usually wrestled Gage and they put in a first year guy. Think they did the same with Justin, Tanner and a few others. Go to the old scorebook and look at the lineup they inserted. Gave us a line up of backups. Im sure there was a strategy at the time but That was at BC two years ago in the Duels. Dont always agree(especially with opposing coaches)with strategy but their must have been some method to the madness.

One thing is likely...Josh will get his rematch possibly in the duels and quite surely in the individuals. He has had a great year and has a great shot to do some big damage in the next few weeks. You know that I am rooting for him to do just that. Would love to see his years of hard work and effort result in a team and individual championship!

If I dont see you best of luck in Clarksville. Bring home #18 for the black and gold!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm sure we'll see ya around!