How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

DB has now taken Grace to the woodshed once and Silverdale twice this year. We (Temple) will be awful so Im not saying anything. But Im impressed by what DB has done this year and they are now in the drivers seat.

Actually its still wide open. DB lost a game to Copper so both of those schools plus Grace have one loss. If Grace wins game two with DB and sweeps Copper (which usually happens) then Grace will win the district outright. If Grace wins the second game with DB and splits with Copper then there will be a 3 way tie for first and it may come down to coin toss. I would think that Grace, with a complete roster now, is still very much in the hunt.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all.... The grace coach must of felt like the freshman kid was ready to pitch against DB or the coach wouldnt of put him out there. Yes, their basketball players were still in state at this time and I understand that takes a hit on the team. Alec Rose doesnt play basketball so why didnt he pitch against DB. That is by far Grace's #1 pitcher. So dont sit on here making excuses about how ya'll had a freshman pitcher on the mound is why yall lost.

Second of all...... Im not a DB groupie. I bleed red. I know we arent good at baseball and need another coach. Marcum is all basketball. I just see everyday in the paper where DB is tearing it up. We fear DB more then Grace and Silverdale in baseball b/c DB looks more impressive in the papers. DB beat Grace 7-1 and beat Silverdale 12-1 and 12-2. thats a combined score of 31-4 against supposed to be the top two dogs in 5-A. If you dont think thats impressive than your out of your mind.

First of all.... The grace coach must of felt like the freshman kid was ready to pitch against DB or the coach wouldnt of put him out there. Yes, their basketball players were still in state at this time and I understand that takes a hit on the team. Alec Rose doesnt play basketball so why didnt he pitch against DB. That is by far Grace's #1 pitcher. So dont sit on here making excuses about how ya'll had a freshman pitcher on the mound is why yall lost.

Second of all...... Im not a DB groupie. I bleed red. I know we arent good at baseball and need another coach. Marcum is all basketball. I just see everyday in the paper where DB is tearing it up. We fear DB more then Grace and Silverdale in baseball b/c DB looks more impressive in the papers. DB beat Grace 7-1 and beat Silverdale 12-1 and 12-2. thats a combined score of 31-4 against supposed to be the top two dogs in 5-A. If you dont think thats impressive than your out of your mind.

The freshman pitcher did a great job, but the coach had no other choice. Rose and Ruebush both were out. They will be playing, Lord willing, the next game. Again, I'm not making excuses, all I said was is that was not a true measurement of Grace's team. Not having Rose, Ruebush and Box in the line up hurt us at bat. The pitcher did a fine job keeping Grace in the game. DB is doing well this year I will give them credit for that. And by the way, I don't really give a flip how tired you get at hearing Grace's parents/coaches on here defending their boys. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Actually its still wide open. DB lost a game to Copper so both of those schools plus Grace have one loss. If Grace wins game two with DB and sweeps Copper (which usually happens) then Grace will win the district outright. If Grace wins the second game with DB and splits with Copper then there will be a 3 way tie for first and it may come down to coin toss. I would think that Grace, with a complete roster now, is still very much in the hunt.

So Far we have beat Grace, Silverdale & Copper Basin. The Mtn Boys impressed me the most. The hole Region is full of young tallent. Next week we have DB. You never know in the great game of baseball. Teams need to keep working hard its still very early. Start Strong ,Work Hard, Finish Strong! GO JACKETS!!!!!

The freshman pitcher did a great job, but the coach had no other choice. Rose and Ruebush both were out. They will be playing, Lord willing, the next game. Again, I'm not making excuses, all I said was is that was not a true measurement of Grace's team. Not having Rose, Ruebush and Box in the line up hurt us at bat. The pitcher did a fine job keeping Grace in the game. DB is doing well this year I will give them credit for that. And by the way, I don't really give a flip how tired you get at hearing Grace's parents/coaches on here defending their boys. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Defending and making excuses for why yall lost is two different things.. I think Grace are just sore losers. But hey, thats my opinion. You prob cant stand Temple either and its cool man. No hard feeling.

Defending and making excuses for why yall lost is two different things.. I think Grace are just sore losers. But hey, thats my opinion. You prob cant stand Temple either and its cool man. No hard feeling.

First of all, don't just assume that I'm a man! Second of all, I have never made excuses for why Grace has lost at anything. Grace has lost many times over and I wouldn't call them sore losers. They love their school and are very passionate about their sports. They try hard to win, and since they do it often that is why others love to jump on them when they think they have an edge or when they get beat by Grace, AGAIN! I think Temple is a great school that has alot to be proud of. I attended Temple University myself. Grace, Temple, Silverdale and David Brainerd have a unique situation in that they are all good schools working for the same goal. We are each competitive and want to beat the others. I for one love watching them all play. Third, and last, I think that when we get down to the districts is what really matters......if DB is still winning, them hats off to them! But, I don't think it will end like they or you want it to!

So Far we have beat Grace, Silverdale & Copper Basin. The Mtn Boys impressed me the most. The hole Region is full of young tallent. Next week we have DB. You never know in the great game of baseball. Teams need to keep working hard its still very early. Start Strong ,Work Hard, Finish Strong! GO JACKETS!!!!!

Grace plays Copper Basin Mon/Tue. We shall see.............