REGION 5A SCHEDULE

flash49

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWH beat Community by only 7, but on Dec.2 Community won by 15.

On Dec 2 Chelsea Hannah did not dress out for the game with a bad ankle injury. Big difference. And that game was played at Unionville.... ever seen the way refs call games in that town. Hmphf. nuff said.

Dont get me wrong I am all for some good competition and I am looking forward to that matchup....and all the rest of em too.

Hope to make it to Eagleville !

A BIG " ITS BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE". Wooo Hoooo. =))

Good Luck to all. We will know more on Friday nite.

Funny the boys play each other too...WHH vs Community.

You never know who is going to win the games in the region. MTCS should have the edge over everyone after them going to the other district and filiming the games... Yeah I said it. they went and filmed the district games.. Thats awful huh? Do those type of things come back to get you? Good Luck East Robertson!!

SportsFanTN whoever you are !! You dont know the facts so you need to keep you mouth shut!! MTCS will have the edge cause they go out and work hard to get themselves better. Good luck to all the District 9a teams!!!! and SportsFanTn if your so big look me up and we'll discuss what you thank happened until then GROW UP and get a life!!! MTCS don't need any kind of advantage to win the REGION. Again BEST OF LUCK to all DISTRICT 9A teams!!!!

There is certainly the possibility of WHH beating Community ( anyway I really like NeWbLuE, enoyed sitting with you at out District Tourney ), Forrest certainly should handle East Robertson, now IF the game is between WHH and Forrest ( if they both win their home openers), I wold have to pick Forrest by 10....also if Community beats WHH, I would have to pick Forrest..............now on the other side of the bracket MTCS should handle Houston County and win pretty easily, I see the McEwen, VB game as being the best chance of a win by 10A, but then if McEwen wins, they run smack into MTCS and I honestly think MTCS is the stronger team here.....as we all know this is Tourney Time and anything is possible, but I really think it should be Forrest and MTCS again contending for the Region Championship and a Sub-State berth....now Clarkrange will be at state no doubt and any team that makes it that far is going to run into a raging buzzsaw (for lack of a better term), they will be tough to beat by ANY A team in the state, but hey 3 years ago, Forrest was the dark horse against two 7A teams, RBS ( who had beaten Forrest by 20+ earlier in the year) and JC, who EVERYONE thought would win State and guess what WE WON STATE!!!!! My point is...... anything is possible this time of year, let's play some great basketball, no injuries, and Good Luck to all the teams and of course.....................GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

There is certainly the possibility of WHH beating Community ( anyway I really like NeWbLuE, enoyed sitting with you at out District Tourney ), Forrest certainly should handle East Robertson, now IF the game is between WHH and Forrest ( if they both win their home openers), I wold have to pick Forrest by 10....also if Community beats WHH, I would have to pick Forrest..............now on the other side of the bracket MTCS should handle Houston County and win pretty easily, I see the McEwen, VB game as being the best chance of a win by 10A, but then if McEwen wins, they run smack into MTCS and I honestly think MTCS is the stronger team here.....as we all know this is Tourney Time and anything is possible, but I really think it should be Forrest and MTCS again contending for the Region Championship and a Sub-State berth....now Clarkrange will be at state no doubt and any team that makes it that far is going to run into a raging buzzsaw (for lack of a better term), they will be tough to beat by ANY A team in the state, but hey 3 years ago, Forrest was the dark horse against two 7A teams, RBS ( who had beaten Forrest by 20+ earlier in the year) and JC, who EVERYONE thought would win State and guess what WE WON STATE!!!!! My point is...... anything is possible this time of year, let's play some great basketball, no injuries, and Good Luck to all the teams and of course.....................GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

I say the first round goes 2-2, With Forrest and MTCS being blowouts, and McEwen and WHH being close games. The next game will be the test for McEwen. How bad will they want to beat MTCS?, because they can if they bring everything to the table. Like I said earlier, McEwen did not play an intensive schedule and that will hurt them in the post season.

I say the first round goes 2-2, With Forrest and MTCS being blowouts, and McEwen and WHH being close games. The next game will be the test for McEwen. How bad will they want to beat MTCS?, because they can if they bring everything to the table. Like I said earlier, McEwen did not play an intensive schedule and that will hurt them in the post season.

I have not seen McEwen play this year, but hey they have a Miss Baskeball nominee on their team, congrats to her certainly, that is a wonderful feat for any player!! They should not be overlooked by any team, and I know WHH has played well this season also....should be exciting games and I can't wait to see them!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!

I too fear the lack of a competetive schedule will be the downfall of McEwen... That being said, and not overlooking VB, McEwen should give MTCS a run for their money... It will be pretty tight, with MTCS having a slight edge, but I think McEwen can pull if off if they stay versitle... I say McEwen beats MTCS if McEwen can have a balanced scoring attack... meaning the scores @ the end has several girls with 8-14 pts... this will be a key factor... as well as knocking down the outside shot, it this happens... MTCS will have to come out and play tight allowing Hobson to get the ball in the paint...

It was good seeing you too .

I hope you get to see them too Auntkim....we will just have to make another trip to Eagleville. One win is all it will take. We will see come Friday night if we will have to pack our bags for that road trip. I think WHHeritage will be able to pull off another win over Community... but they are tough too. A scrappy team that has played well since their loss to us a few weeks ago. WHH will be ready!!

Forrest VS East Robertson....If ER is on and shooting well they are a tough team. But they are SO up and down, they always seem to be UP when they play WHH but in the HC (consolation for 10A) game they were not. So depends on which team shows up, that will be the telling tale of how much Forrest ends up beating them. Could be a swing of 25 pts. HA

HC VS MTCS.... Again HC has really been playing better basketball, and had a great game against ER in the 3rd place game, they are gritty but slow, MTCS will run them out of the gym with their speed,and or full court press. MTCS advances here.

McEwen VS Van Buren....Van Buren has 3 girls that if they are hot it looks like they are pretty much unstoppable... with that inside outside game going on...but Mcewen has a offense that just KEEPS coming at you and if you dont figure out how to stop it, it will drain you in the end. They also have multiple scoring threats and a sticky defense. This will be a good matchup. I wish I could be in two places at one time would love to see this one. McEwen will pull it out in the 3rd and 4th and win by 10 or more.

Good luck to all and play injury free.

My prediction is that the Region 5A Championship will be between the Rockets vs the Cougars. Should make for another exciting game. Good Luck all District 9a teams!!!!! Hope everyone plays injury free too!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />