Updates on D-II Tourney

BuckLateral

BuckLateral,

When are you going to learn not to doubt me! I wouldn't have posted the scores if they weren't correct.

I am sorry I could not come back to confirm things with you but I was back in the arena cheering our guys on.

It would have been a long shot for CBHS to dig it out and we weren't able to quite pull it off but I couldn't be prouder of our kids... they wrestled extremely well throughout the day.

Father Ryan did indeed outperform expectations and this time it was Baylor that looked flat in the upperweights. I think I already congratulated nearly all of the Father Ryan faithful myself (along with a good share of the Baylor folks) but congratulations Father Ryan and coach Simpson on an outstanding tournament. You wrestled very well and it was a pleasure to compete with you. I can't wait to do it all again next year!

Also to all of the Baylor fans, I truly enjoyed the conversations I had with many of you this weekend (particularly the Dosters who I spent much of the final session Thursday in conversation with, congratulations on a very big win tonight I am sorry I couldn't find you if you read this) and enjoyed all of the competition on the mat. Also congratulations to the Hayes family on Chanse finally getting his state title and suffering through what appears to have been a sickness. He was on a mission and wrestled like it. Cole will thankfully have a chance next year and I hope they both get well soon. Take you time with the mono as it relapses far too easily.

The Baylor and Ryan fans were both class in my book but I guess I have too many that I would call a friend on each side to truly be objective.

A large congratulations go out to all of the many seniors who left it all out on the mat for the final time this weekend. I was able to tell many of you but it has been a pleasure to follow many of you for the past several years. Some achieved their goals and many may not have but you all wrestled with all of the guts and heart that this sport requires and should leave with your heads held high as you competed as true wrestlers! There are many of you and your families who I was able to talk to in person but for those of you who I was not able, congratulations! I hope some of you decide to give this sport a few more years at the college level (no matter what level that ends up being).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BuckLateral,

When are you going to learn not to doubt me! I wouldn't have posted the scores if they weren't correct.

I am sorry I could not come back to confirm things with you but I was back in the arena cheering our guys on.

It would have been a long shot for CBHS to dig it out and we weren't able to quite pull it off but I couldn't be prouder of our kids... they wrestled extremely well throughout the day.

Father Ryan did indeed outperform expectations and this time it was Baylor that looked flat in the upperweights. I think I already congratulated nearly all of the Father Ryan faithful myself (along with a good share of the Baylor folks) but congratulations Father Ryan and coach Simpson on an outstanding tournament. You wrestled very well and it was a pleasure to compete with you. I can't wait to do it all again next year!

Also to all of the Baylor fans, I truly enjoyed the conversations I had with many of you this weekend (particularly the Dosters who I spent much of the final session Thursday in conversation with, congratulations on a very big win tonight I am sorry I couldn't find you if you read this) and enjoyed all of the competition on the mat. Also congratulations to the Hayes family on Chanse finally getting his state title and suffering through what appears to have been a sickness. He was on a mission and wrestled like it. Cole will thankfully have a chance next year and I hope they both get well soon. Take you time with the mono as it relapses far too easily.

The Baylor and Ryan fans were both class in my book but I guess I have too many that I would call a friend on each side to truly be objective.

A large congratulations go out to all of the many seniors who left it all out on the mat for the final time this weekend. I was able to tell many of you but it has been a pleasure to follow many of you for the past several years. Some achieved their goals and many may not have but you all wrestled with all of the guts and heart that this sport requires and should leave with your heads held high as you competed as true wrestlers! There are many of you and your families who I was able to talk to in person but for those of you who I was not able, congratulations! I hope some of you decide to give this sport a few more years at the college level (no matter what level that ends up being).

I shall never doubt you again-------even when it comes to rankings next season.

Thanks forgiving us the correct score. It made for an interesting evening as each match was posted.

BuckLateral,

ghouse, I first want to congratulate CBHS on a great showing, especially Baucke and Johnson. However, now I hope you can come to appreciate Coach Simpson's strategy of placing Mr. Marchetti at 160, since earlier in the week you were confident that it didn't make them a stronger team. C'mon ghouse you gotta trust me next time, I told ya it made them a stronger team! Next, I must tip my hat to the Baylor squad, who wrestled a great tournament. Doster over Hooker was huge for them and I was happy to see Doster avenge his lost.

I wish I could have been there...but the updates from bucklateral and silverpie made it exciting. As everyone does...I wish Cole could have been there. Very disappointing for this young man, his family and for Baylor. But his brother winning a state title was sweet for the Hayes family and Cole will be back next year. It has been a tough year for Baylor with Coach Morgan losing his son....what a role model in courage he is though. Very excited to see Doster win state over Hooker! To Father Ryan....you guys really stepped it up and I want to congratulate the Irish for winning state. Look's like Baylor and Father Ryan have quite a rivarly going on for year's to come. Also, CBHS.....very nice showing. You guy's are in there as well and next year will be very interesting. To Baylor, guys you have so much to be proud of. I know it is not what we wanted....but what a year guys! To win the duals championship and place 2nd in traditionals.....is great by most standards.

ghouse, I first want to congratulate CBHS on a great showing, especially Baucke and Johnson. However, now I hope you can come to appreciate Coach Simpson's strategy of placing Mr. Marchetti at 160, since earlier in the week you were confident that it didn't make them a stronger team. C'mon ghouse you gotta trust me next time, I told ya it made them a stronger team! Next, I must tip my hat to the Baylor squad, who wrestled a great tournament. Doster over Hooker was huge for them and I was happy to see Doster avenge his lost.

Exciting tournament no doubt. I am obviously disappointed in the outcome. I knew it would be tough with Cole Hayes withdrawal due to illness. But I had thought we would still win it. Father Ryan wrestled extremely well and I want to congratulate the Irish for winning a great state championship. What a great rivarly this is turning out to be....next year will be no different. With Baylor, Father Ryan and also CBHS....looks to be exciting. Again, congratulations.