• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current top 4 before the finals:

Father Ryan - 230

CBHS - 221

Baylor - 220.5

McCallie - 208.5

Based on what I am seeing in in the math any of the top 3 teams could win it at this point but most will need help from several other school's wrestlers to come out on top. It should make the finals very interesting.

Wow. Then Baylor's Cole not being able to wrestle (illness) could cost them dearly.

Father Ryan - 230

CBHS - 221

Baylor - 220.5

McCallie - 208.5

Based on what I am seeing in in the math any of the top 3 teams could win it at this point but most will need help from several other school's wrestlers to come out on top. It should make the finals very interesting.

Father Ryan - 230

CBHS - 221

Baylor - 220.5

McCallie - 208.5

Ghouse, I think your totals are correct----it is consistent with what I have heard from some Baylor folks in Nooga----and my math was off. I added a point for Eady ( Baylor ) when I should not have and did not give enough advancement points to the Ryan guys who won in the semis.

Here is how I now have it in terms of how Ryan increased its lead from 3.5 points to 9.5 points:

Eady ( Baylor) and Maurizi ( Ryan) each lost in the semis and then won 5th, so they cancel each other out---same points for both teams.

Cate ( Baylor) and Mix ( Ryan) both won in the semis by TF and then won third so they cancel each other out---same points for both teams.

Simpson ( Ryan) and Watson ( Baylor) each won in the semis and lost in the finals. Simpson won by MD for one additional team point. Watson won by pin, for two additional teasm points, but I have heard that Watson was penalized a team point in the finals, so his net gain for both matches was the same as Simpson, one team point. They cancel each other out.

Obi ( Ryan) lost in the semis and again in the finals. No additional points for Ryan.

That leaves three Ryan wrestlers, Wright, Brewer, and Agnew who each won in the semis but lost in the finals. I understand that they get the usual one advancement point for a win, plus one for getting 4th place, for a net gain to Ryan of 6 team points, which is where the increase in Ryan's lead from 3.5 to 9.5 comes from.

Is that the correct math ghouse?

Sorry to any of you Baylor guys who had your hopes up with my intial scores---hope nike07 gets this word before he gets there. Looks like Ryan is in the driver's seat going into the finals. And, with 5 finalists, CBHS is the darkhorse. if they sweep, Ryan and Baylor each lose at 103 and 125, and then split 171 and 215, CBHS could be the surprise winner.

A barnburner final to say the least.

If these scores are correct then it could cost Baylor no doubt. I really hate it for Cole. I obviously don't know how to do scoring at all. I also had it that Baylor was slightly in the lead. With 2 3rd place winners, etc....this will be very interesting for sure.

Wow. Then Baylor's Cole not being able to wrestle (illness) could cost them dearly.

If these scores are correct then it could cost Baylor no doubt. I really hate it for Cole. I obviously don't know how to do scoring at all. I also had it that Baylor was slightly in the lead. With 2 3rd place winners, etc....this will be very interesting for sure.

jon26-----as noted above, I had Baylor in the lead as well but have talked to some Baylor folks who are down at Mackenzie and they told me that they undertood ghouse's numbers to be the current standings going into the finals, that Ryan had increased its lead to 9.5. So, I think that the scores posted by ghouse are correct. The surpries to me is that CBHS has second place and has a chnace to win it all as well, but certainly may play the role of a spoiler in determining whether Ryan or Baylor wins it.

Maybe the best finals in a number of years and the TSSAA can't get them on a Saturday afternoon.

Father Ryan - 230

CBHS - 221

Baylor - 220.5

McCallie - 208.5

103- Mosely ( Ryan) major decisioned Calloway 13-4.

Assuming ghouse is correct about the scores, that would make it Ryan 235, CBHS 221, Baylor 220.5 and McCallie 208.5.

4 points for championship plus 1 for MD.

here we go.