District 12 A-AA

eastsoccer20

I still remember the days of playing youth soccer games in the outfield of the baseball field.. Then in high school we played on the old football field but that ended when the football coaches became idiots and ran the soccer team off.. But hey now the team plays on a pretty ok field at the sportsplex... nothing to brag about compared to CA's Scott's turf builder..haha.. Loved playing on the field... crossing was so easy no bumps or holes...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not till tuesday

With that being known, I guess we'll have to wait for the District Tournament brackets to be fully set. I did hear earlier that East Hickman and C.A. are the top two seeds (don't know which one is first or second, b/c of the tie) and Wayne Co, Loretto, and Perry Co. are the bottom three seeds. I think seeds 3-6 will be determined after that game on Tuesday. Who knows how the seeding will work out, but I am pretty confident that the top two seeds will meet in the end! Tournament begins Friday.

Can anyone answer a few questions....

My understanding is that 1st round games are Friday and Saturday.....I also am led to believe that semi final games are to be played Monday night. #1 is that correct.

With having 9 in the district I assume that #8 plays #9 with the winner playing #1 in the quarterfinals. Therefore I assume 8 and 9 will play Friday night and then play #1 Saturday. #2 Is that correct?

Seeds #1 and 2.....CA and E.Hickman (whatever order)

Seed 7, 8, 9.....Wayne Co, Loretto, Perry Co

1 playing 8/9 winner...2 plays 7

3 thru 6 are Giles Co, Richland, Zion, and Hickman Co (order tbd).

3 plays 6, and 4 plays 5......any one of those teams could beat the other on any given day.

Are 1st round games at the home of the higher seed or is the entire tourney at one location? Any word on the location?

/

I believe they will be played at the higher seeded teams field until the finals.. Would be great if the whole tourney was played at CA or somewhere with the best pitch..

First round (quarterfinals) are played at the higher seed the semi-finals and finals will be played at CA. Seeds that are known: 1. EHHS 2. CA 3. ? 4.? 5. ? 6. ? 7. Wayne 8. Loretto 9. Perry Co. (Loretto and Perry Co. play in a play in game for the 8th seed)

ya i thought i saw a blade of grass on east's field but then i got closer. o dang another rock...

thats actually a pretty funny statement.

so what decided the seeds between CA and East Hickman?

also, there are people working on the fields at CA all the time. all their fields are top notch football,baseball,soccer, and softball!

and i agree with the things said about east hickman, i havnt seen the field, but i have heard it was bad. but there basketball court is very nice, there tennis courts are nice, i've only seen there baseball field from afar so i cant say how good it is. id say if they really supported the soccer program they would work on it.

thats actually a pretty funny statement.

so what decided the seeds between CA and East Hickman?

also, there are people working on the fields at CA all the time. all their fields are top notch football,baseball,soccer, and softball!

and i agree with the things said about east hickman, i havnt seen the field, but i have heard it was bad. but there basketball court is very nice, there tennis courts are nice, i've only seen there baseball field from afar so i cant say how good it is. id say if they really supported the soccer program they would work on it.

Why would anyone compare a basketball or tennis court to an athletic field???? That is the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard. Of course the basketball court is in good shape it! Is sowing seed, testing soil, aerating, watering, etc done on a basketball or tennis court? There is little to no continuous maintenence on a court, so it shows your immaturity and lack of knowledge of athletic fields to compare those things. This is the first season that East has had a field. They played on the football field last season. Yes there are rocks and bald spots on the field. And yes the field isn't the best in the district (its probably the worst!), but that isn't due to a lack of care for the soccer program, that is due to where the field was consturcted on. And, WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION THE ATTENTION TO THE SOCCER PROGRAM! I can tell you that the school did all it could to prepare the field in the offseason and during the season, it is just an area that isn't great for an athletic field. Any time sediment, such as rock, comes up through the dirt on a field, its a sign that the area the field is on was not meant to have an athletic field. So, those things are going to be a battle for the first several years of play on an athletic FIELD (not court!). But from what I know about the school and the work that has been put in to get the field to the condition it is in now (BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT WAS MUCH WORSE LAST SEASON, HINCE THE REASON WHY GAMES WERE ON THE F'BALL FIELD), the field will be in great condition in a year or two.

All these rips on a soccer field sounds like kids making excuses for losing! I thought this was a post about teams in district 12A-AA not pitches in 12 A-AA. Hey, I've seen much worse fields than that one. You play soccer on what you have without excuses. A field, a driveway, a gym...whatever! And to respond to the comment, "id say if they really supported the soccer program they would work on it"...I don't know who you are reffering to by THEY, but the people I know who are involved in EHHS Soccer have worked on it, and the coaches and team have obvisiously worked hard on PLAYING THE ACTUAL GAME....probably why they are the top seed in this district and why you and your boy from Zion are complaining. Huh, two private school kids complaining...They have no clue what public school funding is like and no clue what it takes to start an athletic FIELD (not court!)! Take a look at the other public schools in the district... With the exception of Richland (and many people know why Richland has a soccer field), EH is the only public school with a soccer field! The other public schools don't have soccer fields on their campus. They play on football fields or public fields....So, please don't question the importance of soccer at East Hickman.