5A Region Tournament

flash49

The Rockets host CA Cougars Sat. Feb. 28 at 7:00. This should be a great game to watch. Forrest is coming off of a good performance in the 9A district and hopefully will continue to get better. Coach Davy has gotten these boys to believe they can beat anybody and they can. There is no great standouts on this team, they just play as a team. Each player knows their roll and you can really tell in their play. Guys, keep your turnovers down and hit your foul shots and u will go a long way. GO ROCKETS---DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE. BE HUNGRY FOR A VICTORY. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rockets host CA Cougars Sat. Feb. 28 at 7:00. This should be a great game to watch. Forrest is coming off of a good performance in the 9A district and hopefully will continue to get better. Coach Davy has gotten these boys to believe they can beat anybody and they can. There is no great standouts on this team, they just play as a team. Each player knows their roll and you can really tell in their play. Guys, keep your turnovers down and hit your foul shots and u will go a long way. GO ROCKETS---DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE. BE HUNGRY FOR A VICTORY. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Take it to Malcolm, get a hand in his face, and stop the 3's, you can beat em

This my predictions:

Forrest by 8 over CA

Eagleville by 18 over Nashville Christian

Community by 10 over WHH

Cascade will rebound win by 4 over Houston Co

I hope you are correct on all of your predictions except one, that being Cascade. I think Cascade is finished. They did not play with any emotion during the district playoffs, except for the one player who likes to throw punches.

Eagleville will destroy Nashville Christian... I'd say by 18

Clarksville Academy will beat Forrest @ Forrest by 14

Community will beat WHH by 10

Houston County will beat Cascade @ HC by 6... HC is tough, tough to beat at home in the tournament...

HC has won the last two district championships at HC and they were the best team in either of them... The way they have been play they could very well be in the region finals... but they could get beat in the first round... but I don't see that happening @ HC... That's a long ride for Cascade with no easy way to get there...

The way the region tournament works out it seems as though Eagleville will have a somewhat easy ride into the region finals... They will have to beat a really down NCS team with a good coach... and they they will either get a team that they have beaten twice this year by 19 in Community or they will face WHH (a team that has been beaten by Community twice this season... Everyone plays up at tourney time, but I don't see NCS, WHH, or Community playing Eagleville within 10 pts... Not that Eagleville is that good, but they will a much easier trip than anyone else on the other side of the bracket... That might seem somewhat evident by them being a #1 seed, but I feel they will have the easiest road to the region championship when compared to anyone in single A...

Also, the region championship will be key this year... I don't think that anyone from this region will be able to go into Culleoka and get a win in the sub state... JMO...

Eagleville will destroy Nashville Christian... I'd say by 18

Clarksville Academy will beat Forrest @ Forrest by 14

Community will beat WHH by 10

Houston County will beat Cascade @ HC by 6... HC is tough, tough to beat at home in the tournament...

HC has won the last two district championships at HC and they were the best team in either of them... The way they have been play they could very well be in the region finals... but they could get beat in the first round... but I don't see that happening @ HC... That's a long ride for Cascade with no easy way to get there...

I agree with your picks and margins except for the Heritage game,I think it could go either way.Petrone is a good coach and playing a team for the third time I think he will make some adjustments.I am definitely not a fan of his but he is a good coach.His display at HC on Saturday was comical and bordered on sad the way he was begging for calls.