Anderson County Baseball

bilbob

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have the talent to get back to the BORO? YES

Will they is up to them.. They have alot to prove and a few holes to fill.

A simple NO ? come on shamrock sounds like someone is still mad about not making it past the 1st round of the region.....

Just having a little fun. AC will be as strong as ever, we know that. I think we have a few holes to fill also. Good luck to both teams this year.

Mavs will be back in the Boro if they remain blue collar. There is too much talent in that program for those young men not to make it back. With the Mavs what you see is what you get, nothing fancy just good hard baseball. They return some tough pitchers with another year under their belt, led by future TN Tech hurler Nick Price; and they got a crafty left hander returning in Eric York who recently signed with Roane State. Price has a good highschool fastball, sharp slider, and change that has good movement with same fastball armaction. If he continues to develop his command he has tons of potential. York is a crafty southpaw with good command and movement on his ball. He can throw 3 pitches for strikes at anytime. He will throw 3-2 curveballs with regularity, and believes in it. Other returning pitchers include Riggs, who will chew up some innings this year, as well as a couple of Sophomores that should be developing into good pitchers. The batting order and defensive alignment have a few holes to be filled after graduating some key players. Returning you have Rorex MTSU signee, great speed on the bases, has some pop in his bat, has good footwork at SS and plays solid defense. York is another with good speed and good baseball instincts, he gets incredible jumps on the ball in the outfield, plays solid defense, hits for average plays small ball very well. In the middle you have Foster, Pack, and Ellis, that all provide substantial power with excellent RBI production. I can see Foster bouncing from 3rd to dish duty, Pack at 3rd or 1st and Ellis at 1st. They have a solid nucleus returning, with some younger guys that need to step in and make routine things happen. The only team that is capable of keeping AC out of the Boro is AC. On that note you have a young but seasoned coaching staff that are intense, motivational and have a good feel for what it takes to be successful. Coaches Downs, Russell, and Boynton will have the Mavs ready to go in 2009, AC returns.

BB3 speed dial doesn't do any good when you can't answer your phone.. Saying you are normally busy the same time the game is going on...lol

Guess you could always call time in the middle of a game and tell them you have to take this phone call...that would be funny!!!

Don't step on the toes.....umpires stick together.....Of course if I call time and tell the teams playing what I am doing, i'm sure they will understand that I would only be trying to help out some of their fellow comrades from getting thrown out.....but hey guys if ya wanna take the rule book on the field ......go for it...somebody i'm sure just might pay the price!!!