Roane County Football

goosevol

WEll what did everybody think of Roane County teams in week one? I'd say three are mostly happy, one is in the middle and one is disappointed.

1. Harriman- This would be the disappointed team. The Devils really thought they had a shot at Kingston, but they simply couldn't move the ball on the Jackets. They must get their offense going or they're in trouble.

2. Midway- They stood toe-to-toe with Rockwood and won the respect of just about everyone at the game. After graduating about 20 seniors no one gave them much of a chance, but they played hard. If they play this hard all season then they might win the region again.

3. OS- Much like Midway, the Bobcats had to replace a lot of starters last season so a game one stutout was nice. Young teams need confidence early and I believe the Bobcats got it with this win.

4. Kingston- They also had a lot of players especially at the skill spots, so getting 39 points, no turnovers and a shutout had to make Coach King and Jacket fans happy.

5- Rockwood- Happy with the win and almost 300 yards rushing, but they couldn't have liked 12 flags, 5 dropped passes and letting Midway battle them for four quarters.

What does everybody think about week two? Rockwood-Wartburg, OS-Harriman, Midway-Lookout Valley and Kingston-Gibbs. My predictions will be in the paper. Shameless plug, but it's job security.

[Edited by goosevol on 9-2-02 1:53P]

I also think the Gibbs game will be close. Gibbs is senior dominated and you can do things with experience. The loser of this game might kiss the playoffs goodbye in week two. I think Midway will win, but I think it will be 2-3 TDs. OS should beat Harriman and the Game of the Week will be Rockwood and Wartburg. Both teams are very similar and don't be surprised if it goes down to the final play or at least a late onside kick.