5A championship Temple vs Grace

bbjunkie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Grace on the victory, and a well played game. Grace shared the ball better than I've ever seen, took care of the ball, and played great defense.

Temple, on the other hand, played very uninspired. Even their normally fiery coach didn't show a whole lot of emotion tonight. It appeared that Temple played the game carelessly, knowing they didn't need to win to keep their season alive, and therefore not working very hard for the victory. Too many turnovers and missed free throws. Good luck making it out of the region with that kind of play.

2 questions for Grace fans: 1. Why didn't Hermann, Church, and Wilson start the game? 2. Does your videographer/player's dad normally make a habit of having shouting matches with teenagers, or was tonight just an aberration?

1. I heard that they were late for practice.

2. Not normally!

Congratulations to Grace on the victory, and a well played game. Grace shared the ball better than I've ever seen, took care of the ball, and played great defense.

Temple, on the other hand, played very uninspired. Even their normally fiery coach didn't show a whole lot of emotion tonight. It appeared that Temple played the game carelessly, knowing they didn't need to win to keep their season alive, and therefore not working very hard for the victory. Too many turnovers and missed free throws. Good luck making it out of the region with that kind of play.

2 questions for Grace fans: 1. Why didn't Hermann, Church, and Wilson start the game? 2. Does your videographer/player's dad normally make a habit of having shouting matches with teenagers, or was tonight just an aberration?

i have a question for you big bird! who is the district champs? and to answer your question with yet another question does temple always have thug teenagers talking trash to the camera guy or were they just that desprate for attention? wow mabey you guys should transfer some of that energy into forming a student section at the next match up this one wasnt even fun!!! good day!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i have a question for you big bird! who is the district champs? and to answer your question with yet another question does temple always have thug teenagers talking trash to the camera guy or were they just that desprate for attention? wow mabey you guys should transfer some of that energy into forming a student section at the next match up this one wasnt even fun!!! good day!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

excuse me dad of four that question was manely for you but every one else feel free to enlighten me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> haha

1. I heard that they were late for practice.

2. Not normally!

The three sat the first quarter for disciplinary reasons that were handled internally and are now a non-issue. As far as our video person, if he said anything inappropriate then we are very sorry. That is not the conduct or attitude that Grace wants to convey to the entire Chattanooga community. Also, let us not take away from the quality of play exhibited by Grace last night. These boys worked very hard. Do not make excuses for Temple. They played hard, but were outworked in every quarter. Say what you want about Grace's coaching, but I think last night you could see which coaching staff did a better job. Congratulation to Coach Matthiess and the Golden Eagles for a great win!

excuse me dad of four that question was manely for you but every one else feel free to enlighten me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> haha

Guess you don't know what it feels like to win with class huh? Thats why I could never stand Grace in anything. Therefore in my sport, i made sure I never lost to them the 4 years I was at Boyd /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The three sat the first quarter for disciplinary reasons that were handled internally and are now a non-issue. As far as our video person, if he said anything inappropriate then we are very sorry. That is not the conduct or attitude that Grace wants to convey to the entire Chattanooga community. Also, let us not take away from the quality of play exhibited by Grace last night. These boys worked very hard. Do not make excuses for Temple. They played hard, but were outworked in every quarter. Say what you want about Grace's coaching, but I think last night you could see which coaching staff did a better job. Congratulation to Coach Matthiess and the Golden Eagles for a great win!

I thought that was a pretty bold and respectable move on Mattheiss's part to sit his 3 starters out the 1st quarter in a championship game. A lesser coach would have found another way to discipline them. As it turned out, it seemed to actually help his team. Grace won the 1st quarter 20-12, with the 3 starters out. Then, they lost the 2nd quarter, 10-15 with the starter in. And, you're right govols, I think Mattheiss probably was the better coach last night. Congrats to him and his staff.

Guess you don't know what it feels like to win with class huh? Thats why I could never stand Grace in anything. Therefore in my sport, i made sure I never lost to them the 4 years I was at Boyd /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

haha uh good job dude! is that what your looking for? daddy never loved you? its alright i think you did a great job beating Grace congradulations!!!!! now you can tell your kids about it and they can be proud of you too /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> where did you go to college i mean with creds like that they would be crazy not to take u!!!?? i mean you beat a 1a starter school 4 times your the man!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> with that being said , Grace and Temple would smash boyd in basketball as a matter of fact Grace beat boyd earlier this year 71-20 hahaha wow thats like 50 pts !!! why did you get on this board ???

I thought that was a pretty bold and respectable move on Mattheiss's part to sit his 3 starters out the 1st quarter in a championship game. A lesser coach would have found another way to discipline them. As it turned out, it seemed to actually help his team. Grace won the 1st quarter 20-12, with the 3 starters out. Then, they lost the 2nd quarter, 10-15 with the starter in. And, you're right govols, I think Mattheiss probably was the better coach last night. Congrats to him and his staff.

yes Graces coaches did a great job i was supprised they came out like that i was not expecting Graces second string to do much. i thought they would sit the startes for mabey a min but they sat the whole 1st quarter! it seemed like temple was grace and grace was temple tonight grace played hard and fundamentaly sound and temple did the opposite

I don't know why you addressed your question to big bird. He hadn't made a comment about your video guy. I'll answer it though, because I think it's for me.

Grace is the district champ. Congratulations.

Some of the kids that your video man was yelling at were from Silverdale, and some were from another school, I'm not sure which one. It wouldn't have necessarily bothered me if the kids had been from Temple though. The kids were just being loud and rowdy, which is what kids do. Adults, however, normally act much more respectable and mature.

I don't know why you addressed your question to big bird. He hadn't made a comment about your video guy. I'll answer it though, because I think it's for me.

Grace is the district champ. Congratulations.

Some of the kids that your video man was yelling at were from Silverdale, and some were from another school, I'm not sure which one. It wouldn't have necessarily bothered me if the kids had been from Temple though. The kids were just being loud and rowdy, which is what kids do. Adults, however, normally act much more respectable and mature.

Grace fans are verry passionate. . anyways, i believe it was silverdales basketball team and david branerd cheering for temple that was kinda lame but oh well it was funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree totally 'govols78'. You said it well. Grace seems to always get a bad rep for a few bad attitudes. Grace players always try to play hard which puts them at the top. (That may be why others try to put them down and find something to gripe about). Their fans appreciate their students efforts and hard work! Their is nothing wrong w/ that!!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!