Marion County 2009

Bill#49

Write this down cause you won't see it often, but I do agree with OP that SP needed a new gym. The old gym was a nightmare to watch a game in. Heck, you had to get there an hour early just make sure that you didn't have to sit behind a wooden post the whole game. I am glad they have it, its much more enjoyable to watch a game there no matter who you are rooting for. As far as the county funding issue as it pertains to other sports, its not any different at SP than it is at Marion or Whitwell. Marion's baseball and softball additions were paid for by fundraising and volunteer work. The same can be said for the recent weight room improvements at the football fieldhouse. So as for the comment about people complaining about your additions, it seems the only addition in question is the gym. SP needed it in my opinion, but is it feasible for the gym to be worth more than the school? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Considering the main part of SPHS was built in 1963 or 64 and the Voc building in the mid-1970s, it is probable that the new Gymn cost more. I think it has more than a gymn as well. It think that is where they park the Royal Fortune and Queen Anne's Revenge.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we start talking about Marion County HS Football now?

I believe we have FINALLY settled that all the communities

in Marion County Tennessee have great supporters that

work their tails off to give the kids the best facilities possible.

We all have great kids that love to dislike all the other kids in

the county when we play each other. But they will be the first

to support the other when they play other teams.

We all have great friends and loyal families in each community

that love their schools!!

BUT PLEASE LET'S TALK SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we start talking about Marion County HS Football now?

. . .

BUT PLEASE LET'S TALK SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing in the title that singles out either football program. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The title of the thread is "Marion County, 2009." All 3 high schools are in the same district. Who are Jasper's non District games with this coming season?

Considering the main part of SPHS was built in 1963 or 64 and the Voc building in the mid-1970s, it is probable that the new Gymn cost more. I think it has more than a gymn as well. It think that is where they park the Royal Fortune and Queen Anne's Revenge.

Reading comprehension a little lacking there RLH? I didn't say cost more to build. I said worth more... Did they upgrade the english classes? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />