Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dins anonymity was taken from him being a plus member?

Nope. There is no way for me to find out who you are (even being a moderator) even if you are a plus member. Trust me, if there was, I would have used it a long time ago to find out who Dins was!

I just found out using my highly intuitive detective skills.

CCSMAN...can't believe it is soccer time again. Great assessment of players lost to graduation. As you said Baylor was hit hard with graduation with Roden, Wilson, Smith, Danny V, Davis, and also Carter Paden. CCS was hit just as hard for sure. Both these teams will be rebuilding but will still be in the thick of things in no time. McCallie has a strong senior class so will most likely be top ranked starting the year off. Heard that Carter Kerr was transferring from King College to UTK in the fall. But still with as hard as Baylor as CCS were hit with graduation they will most likely still be top 5 in the area. In no certain order probably McCallie, Baylor, CCS, Boyd and who else? I heard that Thomas Murphy (Baylor's JB Murphy from a few years ago) is the goalie for Hixson this year.

I know that a lot of teams lost a lot of players due to graduation. Those most hard hit of key players were Baylor, CCS, CSAS and McCallie. All these teams except for CSAS I believe, lost their starting keepers. The key players lost are the following:

Baylor - Andrew Roden, Chris Wilson, Kelly Smith, Danny VanValkinburg and Zander Davis.

McCallie - Jesse Morgan, Steve Pollard, Matt Higgins, Carter Kerr

CCS - Anselmo Heath, Evan Collins, Ben Sandidge, Brad Gibson, Taylor Acuff, Randal Ausdran

CSAS - Adam Wright, Duncan Keegan and there are others I just can't remember their names.

I believe that Boyd Buchanan has a lot of players coming back off a great season last year and East Ridge should be pretty good also and I'm not sure about Hixson. Notre Dame lost some players also but I believe their whole defense is coming back with Steve Shipner and James Noblett returning for sure. They did lose Matt Keaney, Herschel Patel and Kevin Abel.

It should be an interesting season to see what players step up and make a difference for their teams.

CCSMAN...can't believe it is soccer time again. Great assessment of players lost to graduation. As you said Baylor was hit hard with graduation with Roden, Wilson, Smith, Danny V, Davis, and also Carter Paden. CCS was hit just as hard for sure. Both these teams will be rebuilding but will still be in the thick of things in no time. McCallie has a strong senior class so will most likely be top ranked starting the year off. Heard that Carter Kerr was transferring from King College to UTK in the fall. But still with as hard as Baylor as CCS were hit with graduation they will most likely still be top 5 in the area. In no certain order probably McCallie, Baylor, CCS, Boyd and who else? I heard that Thomas Murphy (Baylor's JB Murphy from a few years ago) is the goalie for Hixson this year.

McCallie, Baylor, CCS, Boyd, and ND as the best teams about town. It's an regular private school reunion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and rightly so, they are the best teams in the city. BUTTT...I think Cleveland my have something to say about being the best team in the area.

Ewww..A SD fan praising the Cleveland program....I feel dirty now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Interesting information you have given me....So Carter is giving up soccer to go to UTK? That surprises me and I wonder why? Also, Thomas Murphy has moved back from one year in Nebraska with his dad and he is a senior at Hixson? Wow, these are some interesting tidbits, thanks for the info.

I heard that CCS and Baylor tied 0 to 0 last night in a scrimmage. I know that CCS has not scored a goal in their two scrimmages but evidently their defense is holding up. Do you know if Sam Williams played? It will be interesting to see how CCS does this year but I think they will be ok, they have a young team but I think they will hold their own against most teams. I think your assessment of the teams in Chattanooga are about right with Baylor and McCallie leading the pack. I do think McCallie will be pretty strong this year becuase they still have a decent core of players that are there.

Jon26, keep me updated on anything else that you hear and I will do the same for you.

McCallie, Baylor, CCS, Boyd, and ND as the best teams about town. It's an regular private school reunion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and rightly so, they are the best teams in the city. BUTTT...I think Cleveland my have something to say about being the best team in the area.

Ewww..A SD fan praising the Cleveland program....I feel dirty now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cleveland will be strong, they have quite a few club players on the team. CCS tied them last thursday night 0 to 0 in a scrimmage, that kind of surprised me.

Will do. I am not in the loop as much as past years but still follow Baylor and try to keep up with the other teams. Yes, I too think McCallie will be the team to beat this year. They have a strong senior class no doubt. I also left out Cleveland and they should have a fine team also with a great senior class. Not sure if Sam Williams played in the CCS scrimmage. He is just incredible....blazing speed. Also, an incredible running back. Not sure why Kerr is transferring. I think alot of guys just get burned out and just want to be a college student sometimes. Can't really blame them either way. I was surprised also about T Murphy. I think that Baylor and CCS will do fine this year as well.....but man do they have alot of talent to replace. Both had tremendous senior classes last year.

Interesting information you have given me....So Carter is giving up soccer to go to UTK? That surprises me and I wonder why? Also, Thomas Murphy has moved back from one year in Nebraska with his dad and he is a senior at Hixson? Wow, these are some interesting tidbits, thanks for the info.

I heard that CCS and Baylor tied 0 to 0 last night in a scrimmage. I know that CCS has not scored a goal in their two scrimmages but evidently their defense is holding up. Do you know if Sam Williams played? It will be interesting to see how CCS does this year but I think they will be ok, they have a young team but I think they will hold their own against most teams. I think your assessment of the teams in Chattanooga are about right with Baylor and McCallie leading the pack. I do think McCallie will be pretty strong this year becuase they still have a decent core of players that are there.

Jon26, keep me updated on anything else that you hear and I will do the same for you.

Will do. I am not in the loop as much as past years but still follow Baylor and try to keep up with the other teams. Yes, I too think McCallie will be the team to beat this year. They have a strong senior class no doubt. I also left out Cleveland and they should have a fine team also with a great senior class. Not sure if Sam Williams played in the CCS scrimmage. He is just incredible....blazing speed. Also, an incredible running back. Not sure why Kerr is transferring. I think alot of guys just get burned out and just want to be a college student sometimes. Can't really blame them either way. I was surprised also about T Murphy. I think that Baylor and CCS will do fine this year as well.....but man do they have alot of talent to replace. Both had tremendous senior classes last year.

I am not in the loop either but I plan on attending as many CCS games as I can. Yes, I can see first hand how kids can get burnt out with college soccer because when they sign you they tell the kids that they own them and really in a sense they do. Playing soccer in college takes a lot of time, more than people really realize. They actually practice more in the so called "off season" that they are in now, than they do during the regualr season. They still travel to play scrimmages and also workout and weight lift everyday. It takes a surperb athlete and student to really keep the grades up and keep the coach happy on the field. Yes, Baylor and CCS will do fine but losing senior classes like they did will definitely force them into growing pains and many lineup changes until they find the right mix.

Like you said kids can and do get burned out playing any sport. I know of several seniors from last years Chattanooga teams that opted not to continue playing in the college level. One from ND, a couple of more from Baylor (even though 3 are playing in college) and also heard that Kerr was transferring. These players were excellent students and athletes. But sometimes you are ready for a life of being a student and not being owned by a coach for those 4 years. As we all know....the academics is what is the most important anyway. Everyone is different but I think alot of guys are just ready to go to college and be a student without the strict regime.

I am not in the loop either but I plan on attending as many CCS games as I can. Yes, I can see first hand how kids can get burnt out with college soccer because when they sign you they tell the kids that they own them and really in a sense they do. Playing soccer in college takes a lot of time, more than people really realize. They actually practice more in the so called "off season" that they are in now, than they do during the regualr season. They still travel to play scrimmages and also workout and weight lift everyday. It takes a surperb athlete and student to really keep the grades up and keep the coach happy on the field. Yes, Baylor and CCS will do fine but losing senior classes like they did will definitely force them into growing pains and many lineup changes until they find the right mix.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a few games and spoke to some folks around town and as we go into week 4 this is how I've got it for the southeast area.

1. Cleveland

2. CCS

3. Boyd

4. McCallie

5. Notre Dame

6. Baylor

7. Soddy Daisy

8. McMinn Co.

9. Ooltewah

10. Sweetwater

• 2 weeks later...

As we go into week 5 this is how I've got it for the southeast area.

1. Cleveland- Took care of Dalton Ga. quite nicely this week.

2. CCS- Just keeps on winning

3. Boyd- Big draws this past week with Baylor and McCallie

4. McCallie-Lost to the Ga. powerhouse Westminster and tied Boyd

5. Notre Dame-This team is a real head scatcher...They tie Catholic, then tie East Ridge. Not sure what's going on over there?

6. Baylor- They may be inexperienced this year, But they continue to improve each week.

7. Hixson-They seem to have it going this year with their only loss coming to the hands of Sweetwater.

8. McMinn Co.- What a tough early schedule, and never count out Bobby Earls.

9. Soddy Daisy-Tough loss to Hixson, but I think they will peak at the right time

10. Ooltewah- Young team, Good coach, equals a showdown with SD for the district.